Evaluation based on completeness of vision and ability to execute
SAN FRANCISCO – August 25, 2010 - Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced it has been recognized by Gartner as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Sales Force Automation (July 2010). According to Gartner, “Leaders demonstrate a market-defining vision of how technology can help the top sales executives achieve business objectives. Leaders have the ability to execute against that vision through products, services and demonstrated solid business results in the form of revenue and earnings. Leaders have significant successful customer deployments in North America, EMEA and Asia/Pacific in a wide variety of vertical industries with multiple proof points above 500 users.”
Recent momentum for Salesforce CRM:
• This recognition follows Salesforce CRM’s placement as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: CRM Suites for Mid-Sized Organizations, Q2 2010 (June 16, 2010), The Forrester Wave™: CRM Suites for Large Organizations, Q2 2010 (June 16, 2010) and The Forrester Wave™: CRM Suites Customer Service Solutions, Q3 2010 (July, 2010).
• The recognition also follows Salesforce CRM’s leadership in the recently announced 2010 CRM Market Awards, where salesforce.com swept the CRM Suite categories for the second straight year, winning the Enterprise Suite CRM, Midmarket Suite CRM and Small-Business Suite CRM Awards.
• Adding to the honors at the 2010 CRM Market Awards, salesforce.com garnered the Sales Force Automation Market Award for the fourth year in a row and salesforce.com chairman and CEO Marc Benioff was named an “Influential Leader” in 2010 for the fifth time in the awards’ history.
Comments on the News:
• “We believe salesforce.com’s Magic Quadrant position reflects our continued leadership in the industry,” said Alex Dayon, EVP of CRM, salesforce.com. “And as we continue to innovate, delivering additional functionality like Chatter to customers at no additional cost, we are driving even higher levels of customer success with the Sales Cloud.”
• The Gartner Sales Force Automation Magic Quadrant report is available at https://www.salesforce.com/form/pdf/sfa_magiicquadrant_gartner.jsp?d=70130000000FLYR
• To see an overview of Salesforce CRM, visit: http://www.youtube.com/salesforce#p/c/C93C2947B87CD0F1/0/_r1H7OK8lzY
• More information on Sales Cloud 2 is available at http://www.salesforce.com/crm/sales-force-automation/
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2010 by Gartner Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner’s analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the “Leaders” quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool, and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.