Custom Force.com applications get social with Salesforce Chatter
SAN FRANCISCO – September 14, 2010 - Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced the success Stratus Technologies, a provider of ultra high availability on its servers, has achieved with salesforce.com as the cornerstone of its IT strategy. The 30-year old company, who prides itself for being at the leading edge of IT, began adopting Salesforce CRM applications in 2004 and is currently leveraging Sales Cloud 2, Service Cloud 2, the Force.com platform and most recently emerged as one of Salesforce Chatter’s early success stories.
Salesforce.com enables Stratus to achieve greater levels of transparency across its company and into its customer base, providing more customer-focused decision making. The company chose Force.com as its custom development platform due to its availability, performance, scalability, and security as a cloud platform. It has built five custom applications that have improved the way the company manages its business:
• Professional services application, built in less than three weeks, to manage projects that track items like resources, expenses, and time from the conception of a project through to booked revenue;
• License management application for its services team to track each software license that has been purchased and make it easy for customers to log into the portal and download new licenses;
• Marketing automation application to track existing marketing assets and marketing spending;
• System-loaner application to track computer systems that have been loaned out to partners for purposes like software development; and
• Application for the legal team to manage patents and trademarks.
Stratus deployed Chatter, the first enterprise social collaboration app and platform, in the spring of 2010 in response to dissatisfaction with existing collaboration tools like Microsoft SharePoint. The company found great value in the way Chatter animates any system built on Force.com, particularly its custom applications, along with the below benefits:
• Employees can now “follow” a project in Chatter related to Stratus’ custom applications for managing projects or tracking software licenses and receive real-time alerts to any changes in status;
• Roughly 90 percent of Stratus’ support requests come directly from hardware at customer sites as part of its remote service management service, Chatter provides a way for individuals with a more peripheral interest to also stay abreast of any changes in an installation or an account;
• Provides unprecedented visibility by automatically pulling together business events from multiple systems in real time without having to rely on IT; and
• Offers customized activity streams that can be discussed, organized, routed, tagged, tracked and delivered in a personalized report even to a mobile device like the iPhone.
Comments on the News:
• “The five custom applications we’ve built using Force.com along with Chatter are providing new levels of efficiency and transparency across our business,” said Joe Graves, CIO, Stratus Technologies. “Salesforce.com’s Cloud 2 solutions are enabling us to focus on our mission to help customers keep critical business operations online without interruption.”
• For more information on Stratus Technologies’ success with salesforce.com, visit: http://www.salesforce.com/customers/hi-tech-hardware/stratus.jsp
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter
About Stratus Technologies
Stratus Technologies focuses exclusively on helping its customers keep critical business operations online without interruption. Based on 30 years of expertise in product and services technology for total
availability, Stratus is a trusted solutions provider to customers in manufacturing, health care, financial
services, public safety, transportation & logistics, and other industries. For more information, visit