Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today unveiled preliminary plans for the new global headquarters it intends to build in the Mission Bay neighborhood of San Francisco. The new campus was designed by world-renowned architects Legorreta + Legorreta and features the firm’s distinctive mix of colors, light and texture.World-renowned architects Legorreta + Legorreta mix color, light and texture in design for 8- building corporate campus
SAN FRANCISCO – June 6, 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today unveiled preliminary plans for the new global headquarters it intends to build in the Mission Bay neighborhood of San Francisco. The new campus was designed by world-renowned architects Legorreta + Legorreta and features the firm’s distinctive mix of colors, light and texture.
Comments on the News:
• “Our new campus will be a place where our employees and the community can connect, collaborate and be inspired by the world around them,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “Legorreta + Legorreta’s stunning design gives physical evidence of salesforce.com’s philosophy of innovation.”
• “The design of the salesforce.com Mission Bay headquarters captures the innovative spirit of San Francisco and promises to be a bold addition to our skyline,” said San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee. “The new headquarters and its vibrant design are proof that San Francisco is the place where the next generation of technology leaders wants to work and live.”
• “Designing the salesforce.com campus is both an incredible opportunity and an incredible responsibility to create a new urban center for the city of San Francisco,” said Victor Legorreta, principal architect, Legorreta + Legorreta. “The goal is to build an open and lively urban campus that both the community and salesforce.com can enjoy.”
8-Building Campus Will Meld Workplace with Vibrant Urban Community
Salesforce.com, Legorreta + Legorreta, and Flad Architects, the executive architects for the project, are collaborating on the design with the staffs of the San Francisco Redevelopment Agency and the San Francisco Planning Department. The site is part of the Mission Bay Redevelopment Area.
Salesforce.com announced its intentions in November to build a new worldwide headquarters that will consist of eight major buildings spread over 14 acres, and comprise approximately 2 million square feet of office space. Architects Legorreta + Legorreta, of Mexico City, also designed space for shops, restaurants, plazas and parks, creating a dynamic and inviting urban setting for both salesforce.com employees and community residents.
In addition, salesforce.com is striving to achieve LEED Platinum-level certification for the campus, as defined by the US Green Building Council. The company is exploring strategies to reduce water use, conserve and reduce energy usage, and leverage alternative energy sources, natural daylight and sustainable materials.
• Images for the new corporate campus can be downloaded from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/salesforce/sets/72157626855992450/
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/salesforce
• Twitter: follow @salesforce
• YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Salesforce