Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff to Introduce the Social Enterprise at Dreamforce 2011
More than 40,000 people expected to register for Dreamforce, the world’s largest cloud computing event
Free keynote and expo pass available now, anyone can hear from the cloud’s top visionaries, including Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt, and engage with nearly 300 cloud leaders in the Expo
Dreamforce integrates philanthropy with benefit concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, featuring Jay Leno, Alanis Morissette and will.i.am.
Salesforce Live expected to draw 35,000 viewers of keynotes, special sessions and onsite interviews, live on Facebook
Special guests Metallica and will.i.am to perform at Global Gala
SAN FRANCISCO – Aug. 22, 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced chairman and CEO Marc Benioff will kick off Dreamforce 2011, the world’s largest cloud computing event, with a keynote address outlining the company’s vision for the social enterprise. Dreamforce is being held Aug. 30 – Sept. 2 at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. Free registration for all Dreamforce keynotes and the Cloud Expo is available at www.dreamforce.com/freepass.
Companies are completely changing the way they collaborate, communicate and share information with customers and employees in the cloud – transforming themselves into social enterprises. Because Dreamforce is the best place for companies to learn how they can leverage social, mobile and open cloud computing and become social enterprises, salesforce.com expects more than 40,000 people to register and take advantage of the 475 sessions featuring 700 experts. Salesforce.com is also excited to welcome extra special guests, Metallica to perform at the Dreamforce 2011 Global Gala followed by an after party with will.i.am.
Comments on the News:
• “With the largest team of salesforce.com-trained and certified professionals of any global integrator, Accenture has worked hand-in-hand with salesforce.com for more than six years delivering agile, enterprise-scale cloud computing solutions to help our joint clients make the shift to become a social enterprise,” said Kevin Campbell, group chief executive of Technology at Accenture. “Our participation at Dreamforce is just one component of our commitment to further strengthen our alliance with salesforce.com and sharpen our focus on delivering innovative uses of cloud computing that drive business value for the enterprise.”
• “Transforming into a social enterprise has fueled our growth, allowing us to operate with agility and deliver the level of engagement that our customers expect in today’s market,” said Vala Afshar, chief customer officer, Enterasys Networks. “We’ve partnered with salesforce.com to leverage the cloud, developing customer and product social networks that have re-defined the customer experience and our product development process. We look forward to attending Dreamforce to share our best practices and hear from experts on how cloud can continue to change the ways we operate and deliver business value.”
Free Keynote & Expo Pass Now Available
Free Dreamforce keynote and expo registration is now live, giving anyone an opportunity to watch three ground-breaking keynotes and general sessions featuring industry visionaries, and have access to nearly 300 exhibitors and partners in the world’s largest Cloud Expo. In addition to Benioff’s keynote address, the free keynote and expo pass provides access to:
• A general session featuring Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman of Google, on Thursday, Sept. 1 from 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
• A government roundtable on innovation-led public sector change, with Kazuhiro Haraguchi, Japan’s House of Representatives Chairman of the Committee on Internal Affairs and Communications; Neelie Kroes, European Commissioner for Digital Agenda and former U.S. CIO Vivek Kundra as panelists on Wednesday, Aug. 31 from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• Healthcare sessions in the Unusual Thinkers: The UCSF Track on Thursday, Sept. 1 from 11:45 a.m. – 3:40 p.m., featuring USCF Chancellor Susan Desmond-Hellmann and Mark Laret, CEO of UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital.
• The Cloud Expo features nearly 300 leading exhibitors and partners that make up our cloud computing ecosystem, including Diamond sponsor Accenture and Titanium sponsors Bluewolf, Deloitte, Eloqua and Marketo. Platinum sponsors at Dreamforce include Astadia, BMC Software, Dell, HubSpot, Model Metrics, Pardot, Silverpop, and Wipro Technologies.
The Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
Continuing the tradition of integrating philanthropy with Dreamforce, the Salesforce.com Foundation is thrilled to announce the second Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital at Davies Symphony Hall on Thursday, Sept. 1 at 6:30 p.m. The benefit concert will feature special guests Jay Leno, Alanis Morissette and will.i.am spinning at the after party. To purchase tickets or for more information, please visit www.theconcertforucsfbch.com.
The Salesforce.com Foundation and Dreamforce are also teaming up in other meaningful ways this year:
• The Salesforce.com Foundation is bringing volunteer events to attendees onsite at Dreamforce. Throughout the conference, the passion and energy of the attendees will be channeled into several local community projects such as creating hygiene and prenatal kits for families in need at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, developing care packages for children in homeless shelters with Project Night Night and building bikes for local youth with Playworks.
• For the first time, Dreamforce has a Nonprofit and Higher Education track featuring 16 sessions and its own exhibition hall. Representatives from more than 1000 nonprofit and higher education institutions will be in attendance to hear from industry leaders, network and explore how they can become social enterprises and benefit from the cloud. For more information, please visit www.salesforce.com/dreamforce/DF11/networking/foundation/.
Join in on the action with Salesforce Live on Facebook!
Dreamforce can be experienced from wherever you are and on any device through Facebook. During the event, Salesforce Live on Facebook will be streaming every keynote, select special sessions and live interviews with industry guests. Participants can also join the conversation on the social stream or submit a question directly to our guests. Join us by visiting www.facebook.com/salesforce.
Select Dreamforce sessions will also be available via live streaming audiocast. A complete list of these sessions can be accessed through the company's Investor Relations Web site at www.salesforce.com/investor.
• Conference registration is now open at http://www.salesforce.com/dreamforce/
• Become a fan of Dreamforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dreamforce
• Follow @dreamforce on Twitter and use the #df11 hashtag to join the conversation
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.