Salesforce Files is the only enterprise file sharing system that connects any file seamlessly with sales, service, marketing and other business processes—from any device
For the first time ever, customer companies can unlock files from third-party repositories and make them mobile and social—all on a single, trusted platform
DenMat and Kelly Services join the Salesforce Files private beta to unleash the power of files in their businesses
SAN FRANCISCO—Sept 6, 2013—Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the world’s #1 CRM platform, today delivered Salesforce Files, enabling companies to connect any file to business. Salesforce Files is the only enterprise file system that connects any file seamlessly with sales, service, marketing and other business processes—from any device. For the first time ever, customer companies can unlock files from third-party repositories and make them mobile and social—all on a single, trusted platform. DenMat and Kelly Services have joined the Salesforce Files private beta to unleash the power of files in their businesses from anywhere.
Comments on the News
● “Employees use a patchwork of disconnected file repositories trying to get work done,” said Nasi Jazayeri, EVP and GM, Salesforce Chatter. “Salesforce Files changes the game for our customers because they can now connect any file, no matter where it is stored, to their businesses and make it mobile and social, all on a single, trusted platform.”
● “The speed of innovation in the healthcare arena is picking up dramatically,” said Jonathan Green, VP of Information Technologies, DenMat. “DenMat’s adoption of Salesforce Files allows us to ensure that our customers, our employees and our partners all have access to the right file, at the right time in a highly secure and scalable manner. We can now spend more time innovating on new technologies and growing our business.”
● "Tools like salesforce.com's [Salesforce Files]...have revolutionized collaboration inside and outside the enterprise," said Liz Herbert, Forrester Forrester Research, Inc., in the May 2013 report “Sourcing Digital Disruption.”
Files are at the heart of every business process—they are the presentations given to customers, the FAQs that enable self-service, the pricing and product specifications distributed to partners. But files are scattered across disconnected systems, such as on-premise and cloud repositories or locally on devices, which are separated from sales, service, marketing and other critical business processes. To get work done, employees have to hunt for the right file or worse—recreate it. Until now. With Salesforce Files, companies can connect any file to their business.
Connect Any File with Sales, Service, Marketing and Other Business Processes from Any Device
Salesforce Files, formerly known as Salesforce Chatterbox, is the only enterprise file system that seamlessly connects any file with sales, service, marketing and other business processes—from any device. For example, a remote sales rep can now ask for support from competitive experts who can instantly share the latest FAQs. An on-site service agent can access the latest tech specs to close a case quickly, from a mobile device. Creative briefs, advertising copy and brand assets can be shared on one record so the global marketing team can easily manage every step of the campaign. And an interviewer can screen a candidate's resume and provide feedback right from his phone to accelerate an employment offer.
Unlock Files from Third-Party Repositories and Make them Mobile and Social, All on a Single Trusted Platform
For the first time ever, customer companies can unlock files from virtually any third-party repository such as Box, Google Drive or SharePoint and make them mobile and social, all on a single, trusted platform. While every file continues to be stored in its native repository, the Salesforce Platform ensures all related access controls are adhered to. IT admins and CIOs can rest assured that only the employees who are authorized to access, view and share a given file within SharePoint will be able to access, view and share that file within Salesforce.
By enabling mobile access and putting files in a social feed, any employee can quickly find a file, understand its context and use it to advance a business process. Now a sales rep no longer needs to navigate three disconnected repositories to find and share a price sheet. Service agents can now find the right FAQ from within SharePoint to share with the team and swarm on a case. R&D leadership can iterate on project plans stored across Box and Google Drive to advance all of the stages of product development.
Companies Unleash the Power of Files in Business from Anywhere
DenMat and Kelly Services have joined the Salesforce Files private beta to unleash the power of files in their businesses from anywhere by enabling employees to share, sync and collaborate around files from any device. A sales rep can use the taxi ride to the office to catch up on account updates or review the RFP shared to win a strategic deal. A marketing manager no longer needs to be tethered to her desk in order to share and collaborate on the latest campaign assets with her events agency for the upcoming company user conference. And engineers can now access product performance reports on their mobile devices during inspection, ensuring they have the latest information in their hands at all times.
Pricing & Availability
● Salesforce Files is currently available in private beta.
● Pricing of Salesforce Files will be announced at the time of general availability.
● For more information on Salesforce Files, please visit: http://www.salesforce.com/chatter/
● Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
● Follow @Salesforce on Twitter