Fast-Growing Companies are Choosing Desk.com over Zendesk to Scale Customer Support
Desk.com is the customer support app uniquely designed for companies seeking a clear path for growth
New customers can switch to Desk.com from Zendesk and enjoy free service for the remainder of 2014
SAN FRANCISCO—MAY 14, 2014—Desk.com today announced that fast-growing companies are increasingly ditching Zendesk in favor of Desk.com, the all-in-one customer support app, to drive growth. Companies are switching to Desk.com driven by frustration with siloed, point solutions that lack the ability to scale and grow with their business. Starting May 15, new customers that switch to Desk.com from Zendesk will enjoy free service for the remainder of 2014.
Legacy help desk solutions are not social or mobile ready, require dedicated IT, consulting or expensive hardware and take months to deploy. Point solutions, such as Zendesk, lack the ability to scale as a company’s needs grow. Desk.com is uniquely designed for fast-growing businesses, is backed by Salesforce integrations and provides a clear path for growth and scale.
Comments on the News:
• “The backlash against inferior technology and unmet customer expectations has fueled an increase in startups switching to Desk.com,” said Leyla Seka, SVP and GM, Desk.com. “Today’s fast-growing companies can differentiate themselves by providing their customers with an exceptional service experience. And today, Desk.com is making it easier than ever for startups to switch to the industry’s best solution to leverage customer service to fuel growth.”
• “Choosing Desk.com was the best decision we made,” said Duane Hunt, VP of Operations, Formstack. “Desk.com is a more mature product. It has the flexibility and features we needed to reduce support costs by 60 percent and empower a small but mighty support team to reduce the customer response time.”
Startups: Scaling for Growth
According to the Small Business Administration, over 50 percent of small businesses fail in the first five years. To avoid being another statistic, small businesses have an opportunity to differentiate themselves by using customer service to outpace the competition and drive growth.
Building a brand around hassle-free customer service empowers some of the hottest startups to disrupt incumbent businesses. When interwoven with sales and marketing or integrated deeply with a company’s products, customer service represents the most powerful growth engine for any company.
Desk.com: The Customer Service App for High-Growth Companies
Desk.com is the customer service app that helps fast-growing companies deliver outstanding customer support and scale as the business grows. Desk.com's intuitive user interface and powerful features make solving customers' problems more efficient for the entire company. There are thousands of companies using Desk.com as their help desk software app, from household names like Square and Pandora to the dry cleaner and burrito shop down the street. High growth companies including Formstack, SoundCloud, 99Designs, TinderBox and WP Valet rely on Desk.com to deliver superior customer service that can scale as their company grows.
Formstack, a fast-growing company that allows anyone to build advanced online forms with a simple web-based interface, wanted a solution that would allow every employee to contribute to helping with customer inquiries, but adding new employees to its existing support system quickly became too expensive. In addition, its past point solution did not provide the integrations necessary to add other business critical apps. After recognizing their previous solution was no longer a fit, Formstack switched to Desk.com for its next phase of customer support. With its flexible pricing and advanced productivity and knowledge base features, Desk.com successfully addressed all of Formstack’s previous challenges and led to 60 percent support cost savings.
Desk.com customers on average experience a 42 percent faster response to customers, 38 percent increase in agent productivity, 27 percent decrease in support costs and 36 percent increase in customer satisfaction, according to a Desk.com sponsored customer survey. The full report, “Desk.com Customer Survey: Results & Analysis,” is available here.
Customers are turning to Desk.com for an out-of-the-box support app that delivers:
• Ease of use: Customers switch from Zendesk regularly because Desk.com offers the most complete, easiest app for fast-growing companies to have a help desk up and running in one to three days, on average.
• Flexibility: Pricing models for point help desk solutions are cost prohibitive because they require a seat license for every user. Desk.com Flex hours allows users who are not "full-time" agents—such as developers, product managers or executives—to participate in the support experience and pricing can scale based on hourly usage.
• Scalability: Seamless integration with Salesforce, including the Service Cloud, uniquely positions Desk.com to provide a clear path for growth as a company’s customer service needs become more complex and sophisticated.
• Starting May 15, new customers that switch from Zendesk to Desk.com will receive Desk.com free of charge for the remainder of 2014, some restrictions apply.
• Additional information for customers wishing to switch to Desk.com is available at http://help.desk.com/plus-free-for-2014.
• Learn more about Desk.com at: http://www.desk.com/why
• Follow @Desk on Twitter
• Like Desk.com on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Desk
Desk.com, a division of salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), is the all-in-one customer support app for fast-growing companies.
© 2014 Desk.com all rights reserved. Desk.com, Salesforce and other are trademarks of salesforce.com. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
# # #
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.