The Salesforce.com Foundation today announced Salesforce1 for Nonprofits, new solutions built on the Salesforce1 Platform to transform the way nonprofits manage programs, engagement, communications and fundraising. In addition, Salesforce1 for Nonprofits is extended with solutions from Salesforce.com Foundation partners including roundCorner, Storybank and WealthEngine, all available today on the Salesforce1 AppExchange for Nonprofits. The Salesforce.com Foundation brings the world’s leading cloud, mobile and social solutions to more than 22,000 nonprofits, including City Year, Sierra Club, Teach For America and the United Nations Foundation.New solutions for program management, community engagement, marketing communications and fundraising empower nonprofits to run their organizations from their phones
Ecosystem of partner solutions extends Salesforce1 for Nonprofits, including apps from roundCorner, Storybank and WealthEngine -- all available today on the Salesforce1 AppExchange for Nonprofits
Salesforce.com Foundation delivers the world’s leading cloud, social and mobile solutions to more than 22,000 nonprofits including City Year, Sierra Club, Teach For America and the United Nations Foundation
San Francisco, May 28, 2014 -- The Salesforce.com Foundation today announced Salesforce1 for Nonprofits, new solutions built on the Salesforce1 Platform to transform the way nonprofits manage programs, engagement, communications and fundraising. In addition, Salesforce1 for Nonprofits is extended with solutions from Salesforce.com Foundation partners including roundCorner, Storybank and WealthEngine, all available today on the Salesforce1 AppExchange for Nonprofits. The Salesforce.com Foundation brings the world’s leading cloud, mobile and social solutions to more than 22,000 nonprofits, including City Year, Sierra Club, Teach For America and the United Nations Foundation.
Comments on the News:
• “The Salesforce.com Foundation is focused on putting the best technology in the hands of nonprofits so they can change the world,” said Suzanne DiBianca, president, Salesforce.com Foundation. “Salesforce1 for Nonprofits delivers the best cloud, social and mobile technology to level the playing field for the nonprofit sector.”
• “City Year uses Salesforce1 for Nonprofits and roundCause to stay connected with our partners and help students at risk of dropping out of school,” said Welles Hatch, CIO of City Year, an education non-profit. "Salesforce1 for Nonprofits is also critical to City Year's plans to serve more students in more cities and continue to move the needle on the graduation rate in the US."
• "roundCorner leverages Salesforce1 for Nonprofits to merge the best of traditional nonprofit CRM with the new era of mobile, social and online constituent engagement tools -- putting the promise of connecting with constituents and driving support for nonprofits of all sizes firmly within reach," said Dan Lammot, president and founder, roundCorner.
• “Salesforce1 for Nonprofits is a potent suite of solutions and we’re thrilled that it translates the power of the best cloud-based CRM in the commercial sector to truly serve nonprofits,” said Keith Heller, CEO, Heller Consulting.
Salesforce1 for Nonprofits
Nonprofits face specific challenges as they work to accelerate their missions and connect with constituents in an increasingly social and mobile world. With Salesforce1 for Nonprofits, the Salesforce.com Foundation now offers new solutions to address these industry-specific needs. Organizations that leverage Salesforce1 for Nonprofits can deliver better programs and services, strengthen their community, enable personalized outreach and raise more funds. Salesforce1 for Nonprofits includes:
• Program management: With Salesforce1 for Nonprofits, organizations can manage cases, call centers, hotlines and advocacy and policy tracking, right from their mobile devices.
• Community engagement: Nonprofits can closely engage with their communities anytime, from anywhere, with social intranets, member communities, chapter and affiliate communities and partner communities.
• Marketing communications: Salesforce1 for Nonprofits enables real-time communication with volunteers, supporters and other constituents with multi-channel marketing, email marketing, marketing automation and social engagement.
• Fundraising: Salesforce1 for Nonprofits helps organizations raise funds with features for donor, event, volunteer and grant management.
Power of the ecosystem extends Salesforce1 for Nonprofits
Leveraging the Salesforce1 Platform, ISVs and SI partners are building new, industry-specific technologies that help nonprofits and NGOs manage their operations in the cloud and leverage the power of social, mobile and connected apps. Salesforce1 for Nonprofits will be extended by the Salesforce.com Foundation’s network of more than 50 implementation partners, which have expertise in solving critical issues for nonprofits by deploying technology to organizations -- from the smallest nonprofits to the largest NGOs. This powerful partner ecosystem also delivers solutions for nonprofits built on the Salesforce1 Platform and available on the Salesforce1 AppExchange for Nonprofits, including:
• roundCorner: For organizations with sophisticated fundraising requirements, the roundCause platform allows organizations to build and retain lifetime constituents by executing fundraising campaigns at scale with built-in workflows, planning events and tracking volunteers all in one place, from any device.
• Storybank: The Storybank application is used by nonprofits to collect powerful personal stories in order to demonstrate the real-world impact of events and policies.
• WealthEngine: WealthEngine is a service that delivers donor research, screening and analytics to help nonprofits better target outreach efforts and raise more funds.
The Salesforce.com Foundation
The Salesforce.com Foundation is committed to the success of its nonprofit and education customers, allowing organizations to work smarter and accelerate their missions. Today, more than 22,000 nonprofits and universities are taking advantage of technology from salesforce.com for free or steep discounts, including:
• City Year: City Year is an education-focused nonprofit that partners with urban schools to provide targeted student intervention to keep students on track and in school. It uses Salesforce1 for Nonprofits and roundCause to get a holistic view of its donors and to paint a complete picture of the impact of its work.
• Sierra Club: The Sierra Club is one of the largest and most influential grassroots environmental organizations in the United States. It has a vision for engaging its community online to catalyze action to protect the environment and is implementing this vision using Salesforce1 for Nonprofits for marketing, online donations, volunteers, membership and advocacy.
• Teach For America: Teach For America (TFA) recruits and develops a diverse corps of recent college graduates and professionals to help solve education inequity in rural and urban communities. TFA uses Salesforce1 for Nonprofits to enable donor management, social engagement, recruiting and broader relationship tracking for alumni, donors, partners, prospects and supporters across 49 regions.
• The United Nations Foundation: The United Nations Foundation links people, ideas and resources to mobilize the energy and expertise of businesses, non-governmental organizations and individuals to help the UN tackle global issues. The organization adopted Salesforce1 for Nonprofits to provide transparency, facilitate collaboration and work more strategically on global partnership development across its eighteen campaigns, initiatives and alliances.
About the Salesforce.com Foundation
The Salesforce.com Foundation is based on a simple idea: leverage salesforce.com's people, technology and resources to help improve communities around the world. We call this integrated corporate philanthropic approach the 1-1-1 model. Since the Foundation's inception in 1999, employees have committed more than 620,000 hours of their time to volunteer and pro bono projects, more than 22,000 organizations in 115 countries are using donated and discounted Salesforce licenses and more than $65 million in grants have been awarded. For more information on the Salesforce.com Foundation, please visit www.salesforcefoundation.org.