More than 135,000 people expected to register to attend and more than three million expected to join online
Bring a can of food—Dreamforce attendees will come together to give back, collect one million meals to feed the hungry
Global thought leaders including former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and World Economic Forum executive chairman and founder Klaus Schwab to keynote
Inspirational speakers including former Vice President Al Gore, Arianna Huffington, Tony Robbins and rock legend Neil Young to take the stage
Tech visionaries including Andreessen Horowitz co-founder Marc Andreessen, entrepreneur, executive and investor Reid Hoffman, Affirm CEO Max Levchin, Code.org’s Hadi Partovi, Microsoft’s Tony Prophet, Yelp CEO Jeremy Stoppelman and i.am+ founder will.i.am to talk about the future of the industry
Multi-Grammy award winner Bruno Mars to headline the Dreamforce Gala and Benefit Concert to support UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals
SAN FRANCISCO–Oct 6, 2014–Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world’s #1 CRM platform, today announced Dreamforce 2014, the largest software event ever. More than 135,000 people are expected to register to attend salesforce.com’s 12th annual Dreamforce conference and more than three million people are expected to join online. Dreamforce will take place October 13-16, 2014 at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. Register now for Dreamforce, including the Free Expo+ pass, at dreamforce.com.
Comments on the News
● “At Dreamforce this year, attendees will see the future of cloud, social, mobile and connected technologies and how companies are connecting with customers in a whole new way,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “We are not only creating the future of our industry, we’re working to create a better future for everyone. Make sure to bring a can of food to Dreamforce and join us in giving back.”
Dreamforce 2014: The World’s Largest Software Event Ever
The 12th annual Dreamforce event is set to be the largest software event ever, with more than 135,000 people expected to register to attend and an additional three million expected to join online. Dreamforce is a truly global event, with attendees from more than 80 countries around the world flocking to San Francisco to experience four high-energy days of innovation, education, fun and giving back. From this global stage, salesforce.com will unveil the future of enterprise technology–exploring how cloud, social, mobile and connected technologies are transforming the way companies connect with their customers, partners, employees and products. Some of the highlights include:
● Global Thought Leaders: Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will deliver a keynote at Dreamforce and participate in a special Q&A with Klaus Schwab, executive chairman and founder of the World Economic Forum.
● Inspirational Discussions: Former Vice President Al Gore, rock legend Neil Young and best-selling authors Arianna Huffington and Eckhart Tolle will take the stage at Dreamforce to deliver keynote sessions. In addition, entrepreneur, author and peak performance strategist Tony Robbins will once again inspire attendees with a high-energy session on peak performance strategies and personal wellness.
● Technology Industry Visionaries: Andreessen Horowitz co-founder Marc Andreessen, Microsoft’s Tony Prophet, Code.org’s Hadi Partovi and key members of the “PayPal Mafia”—entrepreneur, executive and investor Reid Hoffman, Affirm CEO Max Levchin and Yelp CEO Jeremy Stoppelman—will discuss the future of technology and business. Dreamforce will also welcome i.am+ founder will.i.am, who will reveal a new wearable device onstage.
● More than 1,450 Breakout Sessions: More than 1,450 breakout sessions, including hands-on training, success clinics and more will be led by experts including salesforce.com employees, customers, partners and developers. Attendees will have the opportunity to dive into the latest product innovations, hear best practices from experts across industries and join sessions tailored to every business size and role.
● Expanded Cloud Expos: The Dreamforce Cloud Expos will feature 400 partners demonstrating some of today’s most cutting-edge enterprise technologies. The Customer Success Showcase, Product Showcase and brand-new Industries Success Showcase will illustrate the amazing ways customers are using Salesforce to connect with customers in entirely new ways.
● Developer Programming: More than 25,000 developers are expected to converge on Dreamforce, which will feature more than 200 developer-focused breakout sessions, a developer keynote and the Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon, which will inspire developers to create brilliant new mobile apps on the Salesforce1 Platform, the world’s #1 Platform as a Service. For details, or to register for the hackathon, visit: https://developer.salesforce.com/million-dollar-hackathon
● Dreamforce Gala: The Dreamforce Gala and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Benefit Concert will be headlined by Grammy award winner Bruno Mars. Billboard’s 2013 Artist of the Year, Bruno Mars is a critically acclaimed singer, songwriter, producer and musician. The 18-time Grammy Award nominee and multi-Grammy winner has sold over 130 million singles worldwide. His current album Unorthodox Jukebox and his debut album Doo-Wops & Hooligans have a combined certification total of 84x Platinum worldwide. According to Billboard, Mars scored his first five “Hot 100” No. 1s faster than any male since Elvis Presley. As a singer, songwriter and producer, Mars has an impressive catalog of 22 “Hot 100” hits. At the top of 2014, Mars made NFL history with the most watched Super Bowl Halftime Show that amassed a record breaking 115.3 million viewers—the highest ratings of the game’s telecast to date—all while being the youngest artist ever to serve as the sole NFL Super Bowl Halftime headliner. Bruno and his eight-piece band The Hooligans recently wrapped the second leg of their sold-out 155-date Moonshine Jungle world tour, which has sold over 2 million tickets worldwide.
#DFGives: Dreamforce Attendees Come Together to Give Back
At salesforce.com, giving back is integrated into everything the company does, including Dreamforce. This year, Dreamforce will integrate giving back into the conference experience with #DFGives—delivering one million meals to fight hunger, supporting the health and happiness of children in need and helping veterans get back into the workforce. In addition to meaningful volunteer activities each day, Dreamforce will be the largest nonprofit tech event with more than 80 breakout sessions and an inspirational discussion with philanthropic visionary Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen to help attendees make any form of giving matter more.
Opportunities to give back at Dreamforce include:
● Fight Hunger: Dreamforce has set a goal to collect one million meals to feed the hungry, benefiting the San Francisco/Marin Food Bank and anti-hunger partners around the world. Every Dreamforce attendee is encouraged to take part in the drive by bringing a can of food to the Dreamforce Plaza.
● Help Children: The Salesforce.com Foundation will be presenting the fifth annual Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals with special events at San Francisco’s City Hall. In addition, Dreamforce attendees are encouraged to volunteer on site by filling bags for two organizations benefiting children—Project Night Night and Talk, Read, Sing. Attendees can also support their local public schools by volunteering to teach an hour of code through Code.org or help fund a classroom project through DonorsChoose.org.
● Support Veterans: As part of #DFGives, salesforce.com is creating an integrated experience at Dreamforce for veterans aimed at helping those who served transition more easily back into civilian life. Activities include training and certification opportunities and special networking events. Attendees can learn about amazing programs available to vets across industries in a special discussion featuring Starbucks, Uber and USAA, and visit the Salesforce for Vets booth to pledge support.
● Register for Dreamforce, including free keynote and expo pass: http://dreamforce.com
● Donate to the San Francisco/Marin Food Bank and other anti-hunger partners around the world here: http://www.dfgives.org
● Sign-up for the Hackathon: https://developer.salesforce.com/million-dollar-hackathon
● Buy tickets for the Benefit Concert: http://www.theconcertforkids.com
● Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
● Follow @Salesforce and @Dreamforce on Twitter
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.