Sales Cloud1 empowers sales reps to grow sales faster with new consumer-inspired mobile sales apps delivered on the Salesforce1 Platform
New Sales Cloud1 mobile apps, including Today, Tasks, Notes, Events and Sales Path, work seamlessly together to help sales reps sell smarter
Salesforce.com announces new agreement with Thomson Reuters—the leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals—to deliver Sales Data and connect sales reps to the content that matters to their deals
Leading companies like L’Oreal USA, Rosetta Stone and Zero Motorcycles are connecting with their customers in a whole new way with Sales Cloud1
SAN FRANCISCO—Oct. 7, 2014—Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world’s #1 CRM platform, today announced Sales Cloud1—the world’s #1 sales app, reimagined. Sales Cloud1 now empowers sales reps to grow sales faster with new consumer-inspired mobile sales apps delivered on the Salesforce1 Platform. New Sales Cloud1 mobile apps, including Today, Tasks, Notes, Events and Sales Path, work seamlessly together to help sales reps sell smarter. In addition, salesforce.com announced a new agreement with Thomson Reuters—the leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals—to connect sales reps to the content that matters to their deals. Leading companies like L’Oreal USA, Rosetta Stone and Zero Motorcycles are connecting with their customers in a whole new way with Sales Cloud1.
Comments on the News
• “The mobile phone has become the dashboard of our lives—all driven by the apps that make us more productive,” said Linda Crawford, EVP and GM of Sales Cloud, salesforce.com. “The new Sales Cloud1 takes productivity to a new level, empowering sales reps to sell smarter and faster from the palm of their hand.”
• “As the leading beauty company in the world, L’Oreal constantly invents and reinvents to meet the demands of consumers, anytime, anywhere,” said Mike Larrain, president of Active Cosmetics, L'Oreal USA. “Through our relationship with salesforce.com, we are able to leverage technology like Sales Cloud1 to drive innovation, scale our operations and create deeper connections with those who matter most—our customers.”
• “Sales reps often evolve their strategy based on news or significant events, and with the amount of information being produced today, access to relevant data has never been more important to sales reps,” said Andy MacMillan, SVP and GM of Data.com, salesforce.com. “The Thomson Reuters agreement will deliver the power of Reuters news, relied upon by Wall Street professionals, directly into Salesforce and the mobile devices of sales reps everywhere.”
• “We’re excited about this opportunity to integrate Thomson Reuters powerful content with Salesforce to create a solution with enhanced and actionable sales intelligence,” said Marika Vilen, SVP and Head of Partnerships, Americas, Thomson Reuters.
Sales Cloud1—the World's #1 Sales App, Reimagined
Mobile technology has transformed the way people engage with brands and companies. People now spend more time using apps on mobile devices than on desktops computers, according to Comscore—yet only four percent of that time is spent on productivity apps built for business . This is because companies haven’t offered the mobile productivity apps employees need to be successful in today’s app-first world. Today’s businesses must provide tools that enable sales reps to grow sales faster and work smarter from the palm of their hand. According to a recent Gartner report, “a best practice would be to provide a salesperson with an application that enables them to update the sales opportunity, perform any follow up activities in the time it takes them to walk from the meeting to their car in the parking lot. This can only be done if the mobile application is streamlined to the activity that needs to be accomplished.” (Robert DeSisto, VP and Distinguished Analyst, Gartner Inc., Mobile Devices Are a Major Disruptor for Sales Applications, June 2014).
Sales Cloud—Reimagined to Empower Sales Reps to Grow Sales Faster
Following a year of amazing product innovation, including Sales Performance Accelerator, Salesforce1 Mobile Reports & Dashboards and Sales Reach, the world’s #1 sales app has been reimagined for the app-first world. With Sales Cloud1, sales reps now have the mobile apps to grow sales faster:
• Today: Today is a Google Now-like app that is personalized for every sales rep. It displays top tasks, dashboards, upcoming meetings, weather, news and more. Now sales reps can glance at Today before their next prospect meeting to find relevant details about meeting attendees, opportunities on the table and recent activities within the account.
• Tasks: Tasks is a to-do app that helps reps manage priorities. Because it’s connected to customer records within Salesforce, Tasks automatically links an action item, such as “Follow up with ACME Inc. on Oct. 26,” to the ACME Inc. account within the rep’s Sales Cloud1 deployment. In addition, sales reps can assign a to-do, defer an action item or mark a task as complete with the swipe of a finger.
• Notes: Notes allows sales reps to quickly jot down notes to remember key details and take action later. Notes automatically links to contacts or accounts and is completely connected to customer records within Salesforce. Sales reps can now quickly type up notes on their iPad following a lunch meeting, and they are automatically linked to the contact record. And with the swipe of a finger, sales reps can immediately turn their notes into a to-do list within the Tasks app.
• Events: With Events, sales reps can now access and update all of their meetings and events in Salesforce directly from their mobile devices while on the go. For example, sales reps can quickly add follow-up meetings directly from their mobile device, including wearables, while in a prospect’s office.
• Sales Path: The new Sales Path app is a guide for sales reps to advance a prospect through deal stages in the sales cycle by coaching them and recommending sales engagement tools. When a deal reaches a certain stage, the app could proactively recommend sales reps share a certain presentation or bring in a product expert. With Sales Path, any change to a company’s sales methodology is automatically reflected in the app so both new and experienced sales reps can stay focused on selling.
• Skills and Rewards: With the new Skills and Rewards app, powered by Salesforce Work.com, sales reps can instantly identify teammates with the expertise needed to quickly advance a deal. In addition, new Open Rewards lets sales reps reward teammates for their help in a deal by recognizing them with a gift card from leading stores and nonprofits via Tango Card.
• Sales Data: New Sales Data will provide relevant third-party content on sales reps’ top accounts, contacts and industries directly in Salesforce. Brought to customers via a new partnership between Thomson Reuters and Salesforce Data.com, sales reps will now have access to the content relied upon by Wall Street professionals. Sales Data will provide access to content from the Thomson Reuters content marketplace directly on their mobile device. For example, at the same time as sales reps are walking into a customer meeting they may receive content and insight about the customer so they’re completely up to date on their clients’ business.
Sales Cloud1—The App of Choice for Leading Sales Teams
Sales Cloud1, the world’s #1 sales app, accelerates the sales of leading companies such as L’Oreal USA, Rosetta Stone and Zero Motorcycles. Companies that have deployed Sales Cloud have seen on average a 39 percent increase in lead conversion, 40 percent increase in sales productivity, 45 percent increase in forecast accuracy and 32 percent increase in sales revenues, according to a recent study .
Pricing and Availability
• Sales Cloud1, built on the Salesforce1 Platform, is now generally available and pricing starts at $65 per user per month.
• Salesforce Sales Reach is planned to be available the first half of 2015 and pricing will be announced at the time of general availability.
• Salesforce Sales Path is planned to be available the first half of 2015 and pricing will be announced at the time of general availability.
• Salesforce Sales Data’s enhanced research and analysis is planned to be available in the second half of 2015 and pricing will be announced at the time of general availability.
• Salesforce Data.com is now generally available and pricing starts at $25 per user per month for Corporate Clean.
• Salesforce Work.com is now generally available and pricing starts at $10 per user per month for Work.com Motivate.
• Register for Dreamforce, including free keynote and expo pass: http://dreamforce.com
• Donate to the San Francisco/Marin Food Bank and other anti-hunger partners around the world here: http://www.dfgives.org
• Sign-up for the Salesforce $1 Million Hackathon: https://developer.salesforce.com/million-dollar-hackathon
• Buy tickets for the Dreamforce Gala and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Benefit Concert: http://www.theconcertforkids.com
• Learn more about Sales Cloud: http://www.salesforce.com/sales-cloud/overview/
• Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
• Follow @Salesforce on Twitter: http://twitter.com/salesforce