Salesforce Announces Heroku Enterprise—Now Every Company Can Be a Disruptive App Company
New Heroku Enterprise delivers the collaboration, control, and support essential for enterprise-grade app development
Forever Living leverages Heroku Enterprise features to allow its developers to focus on building apps instead of infrastructure
SAN FRANCISCO—Feb. 19, 2015—Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM company, today announced Heroku Enterprise, a new edition of Heroku that offers the collaboration, control and support essential for enterprise-grade app development, making it easier for companies of all sizes to achieve the innovation and agility enjoyed by top startups.
The global app economy is projected to nearly triple to $143 billion in 2016 from $53 billion in 2012. Much of this growth is being fueled by startups that have embraced modern technology platforms to build entirely new kinds of apps that have transformed industries and set a new standard for customer engagement.
Today, large companies are under pressure to deliver innovative apps to engage with their customers, but they've been held back by consumer technology platforms that cannot deliver the enterprise-grade tools they need. Until now, enterprises have not had a platform that provided the collaboration tools required by large, heterogeneous, and often widely distributed teams; the control interfaces that allow developers to build apps with optimal accountability and agility; and enterprise-grade support that offers expert guidance on application architecture design, optimization assistance through major traffic surges, and white glove onboarding to ensure the best app experience possible.
Introducing Heroku Enterprise: The Best of Consumer App Development Reimagined for the Enterprise
Heroku Enterprise is purpose-built for enterprise-scale app development, giving developers the collaboration, control and support they need to build innovative and engaging customer-facing apps.
Heroku Enterprise collaboration features that empower large distributed teams of developers to work together on apps include:
• Shared Application Projects: enable teams of developers, partners and contractors to collaborate on the same group of apps for greater productivity
• Add-on Sharing: allow teams to share third-party services, consolidated dashboards and data across multiple apps
• Cross-Functional Team Support: enable developers and designers to integrate the tools they want with their apps, including Git, Github, Dropbox, Heroku Platform API and more
Heroku Enterprise control features that allow developers to build apps with optimal accountability and agility include:
• Fine-Grain Access Controls: seamlessly integrate permission sets to give teams and individuals the access privileges they need without slowing productivity
• Resource Utilization Dashboards: provide unified tracking across application portfolios to improve resource management and consumption
Heroku Enterprise also includes the enterprise-grade support required for success at any scale, combined with the productivity and reliability of Heroku’s platform and unrivaled developer experience. It features trusted security, proven uptime, unique up-stack management and smart containers for consistent and predictable deployment.
Heroku Enterprise also includes Heroku Connect, which integrates the capabilities of Salesforce1 Platform and Heroku to enable companies to to easily connect customer data in Salesforce with next-generation customer apps. Now companies have turnkey access to the complete set of technologies needed to create the engaging, connected experiences that today’s mobile, always-on consumers increasingly demand.
Comments on the News:
• “As startups like Lyft and Instacart transform their industries, companies of every size are beginning to realize that apps are increasingly becoming the most important product that they create,” said Adam Gross, VP of product, Heroku. “With Heroku Enterprise, the largest companies now have a platform to build engaging and innovative consumer-facing apps, with the agility that only startups could previously experience.”
• “Heroku Enterprise is the engine behind many of our most critical apps that help power our multi-billion dollar business,” said Andrew O’Hare, VP of digital technology, Forever Living. “From our mobile app that lets us connect directly to our customers, to our executive dashboard that aggregates data company-wide, we trust Heroku to run the portfolio of apps that runs our business. "
• “Enterprises need the ability to build dynamic applications to keep up with unexpected and disruptive competitors,” said Larry Carvalho, PaaS research manager at IDC. “The fully supported integration capabilities of Heroku Enterprise gives businesses the ability to extend their applications to meet customer expectations.”
Pricing and availability:
• Heroku Enterprise features are available today as a part of the new Heroku developer experience: www.heroku.com/enterprise
• Pricing for Heroku Enterprise is based on resources and usage
• Learn more about Heroku Enterprise at www.heroku.com/enterprise
• Follow @Heroku and @Salesforce on Twitter
• Like the Heroku and Salesforce on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Heroku & www.facebook.com/salesforce
Heroku, a Salesforce company and industry pioneer in platform as a service, enables developers to build and run applications entirely in the cloud, without the need to purchase or maintain any servers or software. Since 2007, over four million apps have been created on Heroku. With support for the most popular languages, an enterprise-class database service, and an add-ons ecosystem featuring over 150 cloud application services, Heroku provides companies from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises with a faster and more effective way to create, deploy and manage apps.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Salesforce, Salesforce1 and others are among the trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
© 2015 salesforce.com. All rights reserved.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.