Room & Board has improved the customer experience and delivered more relevant information, which in turn has increased the average order value by 16 percent and delivered a 2,900 percent ROI payback over a two-month period*
SAN FRANCISCO—June 17, 2015— Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM company, announced today that Room & Board has successfully aligned its online and in-store customer experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud’s predictive digital marketing capabilities. Room & Board has improved the customer experience and delivered more relevant information, which in turn has increased the average order value by 16 percent and delivered a 2,900 percent ROI payback over a two-month period resulting in a significant increase in online sales and improved loyalty, according to a study by Nucleus Research.
Room & Board deployed Salesforce Marketing Cloud for targeted e-mail and predictive digital marketing capabilities. This enabled Room & Board to make its online experience better reflect its in-store experience, including the ability for customers to build a room online with customized and relevant products. With Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Room & Board increased online sales, with the average annual benefit expected to exceed $2.7 million.
Comments on the News
• “One of the most important pieces of our business is to create a seamless experience, but this can be a challenge when we blend the online experience with the personalized attention that customers would receive from an in-store visit,” said Kimberly Ruthenbeck, director of web customer experience, Room & Board. “Salesforce Marketing Cloud has allowed us to communicate with our customers individually, provide a tailored experience and help them through the process of creating a perfect home, which is different than the perfect home for someone else.”
• “In a competitive consumer market, Salesforce was able to help Room & Board engage with their customers on a very personal level by providing tailored content recommendations,” said Scott McCorkle, CEO of Marketing Cloud, Salesforce. “By using data science and predictive marketing, Room & Board is now able to deliver on personalized campaign execution across their marketing efforts, resulting in a better experience for their customers.”
Global Leaders Deliver 1:1 Customer Journeys at Scale with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
The Marketing Cloud is the world’s #1 digital marketing platform. It enables marketers to build a single view of the customer, map and optimize every journey, deliver personalized content on every channel—email, advertising, social, web, mobile, apps—and measure the impact on their business. Leading global brands like Mattel, Room & Board and DonorsChoose.org harness the Marketing Cloud to connect with customers in a whole new way. Companies that have deployed Marketing Cloud have seen an average of 43 percent increase in marketing campaign ROI, 44 percent increase in lead volume and 46 percent faster campaign deployment, according to a recent third-party research report sponsored by Salesforce.
Connect with Salesforce
• Like Salesforce and Marketing Cloud on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce, http://facebook.com/marketingcloud
• Follow @salesforce and @marketingcloud on Twitter: http://twitter.com/salesforce, http://twitter.com/marketingcloud
• Read the Salesforce blog: http://blogs.salesforce.com/
*The return on investment (ROI) percentage is based on a case study conducted by Nucleus Research and sponsored by Salesforce. Additional information and the full report is available at: http://www.salesforce.com/assets/pdf/misc/salesforce-room-and-board-roi-case-study-nucleus-research.pdf
About Room & Board
For more than 30 years, Room & Board has focused on the simple idea that good design should be beautiful, affordable and long-lasting. The company works closely with American artisans to offer modern furniture and accessories — even custom pieces — that fit the needs of modern life. The company is proud that more than 90 percent of the products it sells are handcrafted in the United States to give customers the best combination of quality and price. Room & Board has stores in Minneapolis, Chicago, Denver, San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Costa Mesa, Washington, D.C., Seattle, and Boston, and online at www.roomandboard.com.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.