“The Salesforce Economy” will create positive economic impact in Germany, with IDC forecasting more than €2.9 billion euros of GDP impact and 17,000 new jobs by 2018
European data center in Germany to open August 2015 to support German and European customers; Salesforce to expand German offices
Leading German customers including Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG, Deutsche Post and Koenig & Bauer join Salesforce on stage at Salesforce World Tour Munich
Salesforce Foundation to support STEM programming in Germany and Europe with $200,000 grant and volunteer drive to run coding clubs for young people through CoderDojo
SALESFORCE WORLD TOUR MUNICH – 2 JULY 2015 – Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM company, has today demonstrated that its customer and partner momentum is positively impacting the German economy. Salesforce also announced that its European data center located in Germany will open in August 2015 to support German and European customers, and plans to expand its offices in Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Munich to better serve its growing customer base across Germany and the DACH (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) region. The announcements were made as Salesforce kicks off the Munich stop of its World Tour with more than 6,500 registered attendees and leading German brands including Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG, Deutsche Post and Koenig & Bauer. Tune in to watch the keynote with Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff live on 2 July at 10:00 a.m. CEST.
Comments on the News
● "Salesforce continues to increase its investments in Germany, and we’re excited to announce the opening of our second European data center and the upcoming expansion of our offices in Germany,” said Joachim Schreiner, SVP Central Europe, Salesforce. “These investments and our focus on customer success are driving our growth, which is also having a positive impact on the local economy. According to IDC, our German ecosystem will create more than €2.9 billion of GDP impact and 17,000 new jobs in Germany by 2018 .”
● “The opening of Salesforce’s second European data center in Germany in cooperation with Deutsche Telekom is a strong signal of the company’s commitment to the German market,“ said Reinhard Clemens, Member of the Board Deutsche Telekom AG and CEO of T-Systems. "We are excited about two market leaders joining forces to accelerate digital transformation in Germany.”
● “Our strategy has always been for the long run,” said Jürgen Tuffentsammer, CIO, Koenig & Bauer. “Salesforce solutions integrate well with our existing back-end IT systems and also are designed to meet our future requirements, thanks to the many adaptable interfaces and flexible technology. We believe Salesforce will help our 200-year old company stay successful in the future.”
● “We are convinced that every business has got to become a digital business in order to stay competitive and drive growth,” said Frank Riemensperger, Country Managing Director, Accenture Germany. “To achieve this, companies need high-performance solutions and partners who can help them to complete their digital transformation successfully. This is relevant for all industries, including retail, media, communications, automotive, agricultural machinery and financial services.”
Salesforce Ecosystem Powering the New Digital Economy
The Salesforce ecosystem of customers, partners and developers is thriving, and IDC forecasts “The Salesforce Economy” will create more than €2.9 billion of GDP impact and 17,000 new jobs in Germany by 2018. In addition, every €1 a customer spends on Salesforce solutions in Germany generates €2 of revenue for Salesforce partners, including systems integrators, consultants, ISVs, OEMs and others.
One of the key drivers of this growth is the Salesforce AppExchange—the world’s leading enterprise apps marketplace. From expense management to ERP, the AppExchange is the world’s largest ecosystem of cloud, social, mobile and data science enterprise apps with more than 2,700 apps available to test drive and deploy on any device. To date, more than three million AppExchange apps have been installed.
Innovative businesses in Germany that are building on the Salesforce1 Platform and distributing apps on the Salesforce AppExchange include:
● ADvendio: The Ad Sales Management solution for the publishing industry is built on the Salesforce1 Platform and manages every aspect of the advertising sales cycle, including proposals, client and agency relationships and reporting and billing.
● Easy Software: Easy ECM Suite for Salesforce is a document archiving solution that enables customers to archive relevant business documents in compliance with local laws. This solution provides versioning, full-text search and Salesforce Chatter archiving, and meets all compliance requirements defined by German tax law as certified by KPMG.
● Empolis: The Smart Service app is driven by the Salesforce Service Cloud and combines component content management with knowledge management to improve customer retention rates and reduce time-per-contact.
● GMS: With its Service1 app, GMS offers a complete field service management solution that leverages the benefits of the Service Cloud. The solution manages the entire field service process including dispatching and scheduling, route optimization, material and contract management, service logistics for spare parts, work order management, and technician support.
● OnCommerce: With Just.On, customers can automate their billing processes based on contracts. The solution, built on the Salesforce1 Platform, provides everything for working efficiently with subscriptions and complex pricing models.
Salesforce Invests to Accelerate Growth and Customer Success in Germany
Salesforce has consistently invested in Germany to support its growing customer base. In August 2015, Salesforce will open its new data centre in Germany. It will be the company’s second European data center, joining the UK facility that opened in 2014. In addition, Salesforce will also expand existing German offices in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt and Munich to support its growing customer base throughout the DACH region.
Leading German brands including B. Braun, Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG, E-Post, Immobilienscout24 and Koenig & Bauer have chosen the Salesforce Customer Success Platform to connect with their customers in entirely new ways:
● B. Braun: A family-owned German company for pharmaceutical and medical supplies, B. Braun uses Salesforce to enable its global staff to share expertise and gain better customer insights. Using the Salesforce1 Platform, B. Braun achieves transparency in all customer-related processes, works more efficiently as a team and enables mobility.
● Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG: With more than 400,000 trade and gastronomy clients in Germany, Coca-Cola uses Salesforce as the technology platform of choice to help drive the company to be more agile and innovative. Coca-Cola uses the Salesforce1 Platform as its central front-end platform for sales and service, and with a dedicated app based on the Service Cloud and Salesforce1 Platform, it was able to reduce the administrative overhead for its technicians by approximately 30-40 percent and improve efficiency of its sales reps by approximately 20-25 percent.
● E-Post: Deutsche Post’s E-Post provides digital solutions for all mailing requirements. In cooperation with Salesforce partner YourSL, it enables users to write a letter on their computer and send it directly from the Salesforce Service Cloud or Marketing Cloud. The letter can be delivered to every household and company in Germany as either electronic mail or traditional mail to the physical postbox.
● Immobilienscout24: Germany's leading online real estate portal, Immobilienscout24, uses the Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Chatter to assist every employee within the company’s customer care, sales, marketing and analytics teams. With Salesforce, the company has increased its sales efficiency by 20 percent and has considerably simplified sales and after-sale processes.
● Koenig & Bauer: The oldest and second-largest press manufacturer worldwide, Koenig & Bauer (KBA), uses Salesforce to increase customer satisfaction. With the Sales Cloud, KBA has implemented a comprehensive, central project management solution that enables better planning, makes information available faster and speeds up the entire decision-making process.
In addition, Salesforce also announced today that the Salesforce Analytics Cloud is now available in German. As the digital economy in Germany continues to grow, the Analytics Cloud will empower German companies of all sizes to surface insights from data so they can know their customers like never before and make data-driven actions that propel their businesses forward.
Integrated Philanthropy at Salesforce World Tour Supports CoderDojo
Salesforce has a long history of giving technology, financial resources and employee time to nonprofits through its 1-1-1 model of integrated corporate philanthropy. Since the Salesforce Foundation's inception in 1999, Salesforce technology has powered more than 25,000 nonprofit and higher education institutions; the Foundation has provided more than $85 million in grants and Salesforce employees have logged more than 995,000 volunteer hours globally.
In keeping with this model, the Salesforce Foundation has announced that it has given a $200,000 global grant to CoderDojo to support the running of free volunteer-led coding clubs for children and young people in Europe. This donation will support 14 Dojos, each run by Salesforce “champions,” and will establish 70 Salesforce Dojo certified employees as mentors. The Salesforce-supported Dojos will reach 420 youths and has a goal to reach as many girls as boys in each session. CoderDojo will establish Dojos throughout Europe, including Germany, and have a presence in the Developer Zone at Salesforce World Tour Munich, where Dojo pupils will demonstrate their projects.
Salesforce World Tour Munich
Salesforce World Tour Munich will host more than 6,500 registered attendees at Messe Munich. The event will bring together Salesforce experts, partners and customers to demonstrate how companies of all sizes and industries are leveraging the power of the Salesforce Customer Success Platform to connect with their customers in a whole new way. Through the keynote from Salesforce Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff and inspiring customer stories from marquee customers such Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG, Koenig & Bauer and Merck, attendees will learn how Salesforce empowers them to connect all of their apps, devices and customer data in today’s cloud, social, mobile and data science world.
● Registration link: https://www.salesforce.com/de/events/details/sf1wt14-munich/
● SalesforceLive!: salesforce.com/de/live/
Connect with Salesforce
● Like Salesforce on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
● Follow @salesforce on Twitter: http://twitter.com/salesforce
● Read the Salesforce blog: http://blogs.salesforce.com/