*New compliance standards strengthen Salesforce’s position as a trusted platform for the aerospace and defense sectors*
Washington, D.C.—April 4, 2017—Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM company and Intelligent Customer Success Platform, today announced that the Defense Information Systems Agency and the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has granted Salesforce Government Cloud a provisional authorization at Impact Level 4 (IL4).
Agencies across all levels of government—federal, state and local—have an incredible opportunity to modernize their technology infrastructures to meet the needs of today’s digitally savvy citizens. By pivoting to meet these new demands, agencies are able to open up new government services, while modernizing their IT programs and saving taxpayer dollars.
**Government Cloud Achieves IL4 Provisional Authorization**
Government Cloud gives departments, agencies and contractors access to an intuitive user experience, a modern component-based platform and a vibrant partner ecosystem, enabling them to quickly build apps that connect agencies with citizens, employees, partners and suppliers in new ways.
Achieving the IL4 provisional authorization enables the aerospace and DoD sectors to rapidly and efficiently leverage the Salesforce platform to deploy capabilities securely to all stakeholders. This provides DoD mission owners and authorized contractors the ability to utilize Government Cloud to manage Controlled Unclassified Information, including Personal Identifiable Information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI). In addition, IL4 will enable agencies to:
* Compliantly leverage and build apps capable of managing CUI/FOUO data.
* Control and monitor where and what actions are being taken on data, as well as store and manage the events and monitoring data per agency policy.
* Leverage role-based security and encryption to secure data files and attachments while maintaining important application functionality.
**Comments on the News**
“The aerospace and defense sectors are ripe for modernization—siloed systems and legacy technologies are hindering their ability to innovate at scale,” said Dave Rey, executive vice president, Public Sector at Salesforce. “With IL4 provisional authorization for Government Cloud, these sectors can now use the power of the world’s #1 CRM and cloud platform to transform into modern, mobile, responsive and intelligent organizations, enabling employees to connect with citizens and stakeholders in entirely new and powerful ways.”
* Learn more about Salesforce Government Cloud at _salesforce.com/industries/government_ (http://www.salesforce.com/industries/government/overview/)
**Connect with Salesforce**
* Like Salesforce on Facebook at _http://facebook.com/salesforce._ (http://facebook.com/salesforce)
* Follow _@SalesforceGov_ (https://twitter.com/SalesforceGov) on Twitter.