Salesforce.com Foundation and Skills for Growth Landmark Launch New Programme to Address Youth Unemployment in the UK
New BizAcademy Apprenticeship Programme to select, train and employ 20 young adults in the UK this year
BizAcademy apprentices to receive six-week training and two-year employment, arming them with the business and technology skills required for the fast-growing social enterprise industry
LONDON -- CLOUDFORCE 2012 – May 22, 2012 – The Salesforce.com Foundation and Skills for Growth Landmark joined forces today to launch the BizAcademy Apprenticeship Programme, which aims to equip young adults with the business skills, technology training, and hands-on experience required to be successful in the fast-growing social enterprise industry.
The BizAcademy Apprenticeship will select 20 candidates to join this year’s six-week intensive training programme, which includes the salesforce.com ADM-201 course as well as general business skills training. The programme will culminate in a two-year paid apprenticeship placement with a salesforce.com customer or partner to enable students to further develop their skills and gain valuable, hands-on business experience.
The Department for Education estimates that nearly 1 million young adults in the UK are without employment, education or training. With this new programme, the Salesforce.com Foundation and Skills for Growth Landmark hope to provide young adults with an opportunity to gain experience in a growth industry and progress training into full-time employment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the BizAcademy Apprenticeship Programme at http://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/jobs/view/19579.
Comments on the News
• “Through our BizAcademy Apprenticeship Programme, we will provide bright young people with the opportunity to develop skills for the fast-growing social enterprise industry, and the business acumen they need for long-term future employment,” said Isabel Kelly, international director, the Salesforce.com Foundation.
• “We have worked with the Salesforce.com Foundation for over five years and the work done to date has been truly life-changing for many individuals. At a time when youth unemployment is increasing in the UK, BizAcademy Apprenticeship is an exciting new programme that will provide many young people with the qualifications and industry-knowledge to develop their careers and achieve success,” said Paul Irving, deputy CEO, Skills for Growth Landmark.
• “Every effort from the country’s leading companies is important for the development of the Big Society,” said Steve Moore, CEO, Big Society Network. “Salesforce.com is playing an important role in developing young people, which is vital to the resurgence of the economy and the strength of British industry.”
• Apply for the BizAcademy Apprenticeship Programme at http://www.notgoingtouni.co.uk/jobs/view/19579.
• Learn more about the Salesforce.com Foundation and Skills for Growth Landmark: http://www.salesforce.com/uk/customers/education-non-profit/landmark-training.jsp
• Follow the Salesforce.com Foundation on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/sfdcfoundation
• Become a fan of Salesforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
• Become a fan of Skills for Growth Landmark on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skills-for-Growth/159712120758449
About the Salesforce.com Foundation
The Salesforce.com Foundation is the global leader in integrating philanthropy and business through its 1/1/1 integrated philanthropy model. The model harnesses the power of 1% of salesforce.com employee time, 1% of pre-IPO equity and 1% of the company's product to increase the effectiveness of organizations pursuing their social missions. Since the Foundation's inception in 1999, employees have given more than 300,000 hours of their time; more than 13,000 organisations in 105 countries are using donated and discounted Salesforce CRM licenses as part of the Foundation's 1% Product Donation Program; and more than $30 million has been donated to social good organisations. For more information on the Salesforce.com Foundation, please visit www.salesforcefoundation.org.
About Skills for Growth Landmark
Skills for Growth Landmark focuses on equipping young people from a cross section of backgrounds with the skills and opportunities they need to gain long-term sustainable employment. It provides an end-to-end training programme to what has been dubbed 'the forgotten generation'.
It currently meets the needs of over 1000 individuals on a number of projects already running in Barking & Dagenham, Bexley, Bromley, Dartford, Greenwich, Lewisham, Hackney, Newham, Redbridge and Tower Hamlets. Landmark Training and Skills for Growth merged in November 2011.
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services allow customers to:
● Create employee social networks with Salesforce Chatter, Salesforce Rypple and Salesforce Force.com.
● Develop customer social networks with the Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Data.com, Salesforce Service Cloud, and Salesforce Site.com.
● Connect with customers on public social networks with Salesforce Heroku, Salesforce Radian6.
● Empower small business to become social enterprises with Salesforce Desk.com and Salesforce Do.com.
● Extend a company's social enterprise with apps from the leading enterprise app marketplace, AppExchange.
● Run apps on Database.com, the first social enterprise database.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
©2012 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Salesforce.com offers its Siteforce products and services in Germany under the Force.com Sites trademark. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com/eu/, or call 00800 7253 3333.