Salesforce.com Welcomes 90,000 Registered Attendees to Dreamforce 2012, the World’s Largest Vendor Technology Conference
10th annual Dreamforce grows a record-breaking 96 percent year-over-year -- 90,000 registered to attend, including more than 3,000 C-level executives
Additional 100,000 people expected to view Salesforce Live on Facebook
Global leaders Sir Richard Branson, General Colin Powell, Jeff Immelt and Tony Robbins to join Marc Benioff in keynote sessions
Sponsorships rise by 40 percent as Dreamforce partner ecosystem grows to more than 350 companies with a combined market cap of more than $1.3 trillion
Red Hot Chili Peppers to rock Dreamforce Gala
Dreamforce integrates philanthropy with 3rd annual benefit concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, featuring Lady Antebellum, Dana Carvey and an after-party featuring DJ MC Hammer
SAN FRANCISCO – DREAMFORCE 2012 – Sept. 18, 2012 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, will welcome more than 90,000 registered attendees to Dreamforce 2012, now the world’s largest vendor technology conference, taking place from Sept. 18-21, 2012.
In front of a record global audience, salesforce.com will demonstrate how companies are using social and mobile cloud technologies to connect customers, partners, employees and next-gen products in entirely new ways. With more than 750 sessions and 350 cloud companies in the Cloud Expo, attendees can participate in interactive sessions, hands-on training with cutting-edge technology, thousands of live demos and unparalleled networking.
Comment on the News
• “Now in its 10th year, Dreamforce has become the largest vendor-led technology conference ever, with more than 90,000 registered attendees,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com.
Dreamforce 2012 Registration Soars
The 10th annual Dreamforce has grown at a record-breaking pace, increasing 96 percent year-over-year with more than 90,000 people, from more than 65 countries, registered to attend. With an additional 100,000 people expected to view Salesforce Live on Facebook, Dreamforce 2012 is the must-attend conference for anyone interested in learning more about the future of enterprise software.
This year’s Dreamforce has more than 3,000 C-level executives registered to attend, an increase of 100 percent year-over-year. The number of C-level attendees has grown exponentially as Dreamforce becomes one of the most strategic and critical events for senior executives to attend each year. Executives come to Dreamforce to network with the most innovative companies in the world, exchange best practices on cloud deployments and learn how next-generation social and mobile cloud technologies are helping companies grow.
Partner Economy Skyrockets at Dreamforce
Dreamforce is the largest gathering of cloud companies under one roof. More than 350 exhibitors, with a combined market capitalization of more than $1.3 trillion, will showcase more than 1,000 solutions in the Dreamforce Cloud Expo. Partner investments in Dreamforce are up by 40 percent from last year.
The partner ecosystem at Dreamforce includes exclusive Diamond sponsor Accenture, Titanium sponsors Bluewolf, Deloitte, Eloqua, and Marketo, and Strategic Alliance partner Google. Platinum sponsors at Dreamforce include Appirio, Apttus, BMC, Box, CapGemini, Docusign, Pardot and Silverpop.
Dreamforce Gala is Red, Hot and Social
For the first time in Dreamforce history, the Dreamforce Gala will be held in San Francisco’s Civic Center Plaza with seven-time Grammy award-winning and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees the Red Hot Chili Peppers performing on the steps of City Hall.
Now Everyone Can Experience the Power of Dreamforce
Salesforce.com invites everyone who would like to experience the excitement of Dreamforce to take advantage of the free keynote and expo pass and live streaming of the event from Salesforce Live on Facebook.
The free Dreamforce keynote and expo pass provides access to:
• Inspirational keynote from Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com, which takes place on Wednesday, Sept. 19 from 9 a.m.-11 a.m. PDT, and features top global brands including Activision, Burberry, Facebook and Virgin America
• Fireside chat with Sir Richard Branson, founder of Virgin Group, and Marc Benioff on Wednesday, Sept. 19, 3 p.m.-4 p.m. PDT
• Nine product keynotes including the Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Work.com, Salesforce Chatter, and Salesforce Platform featuring salesforce.com experts on Thursday, Sept. 20th from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. PDT
• Motivational keynote with global leaders Gen. Colin L. Powell, USA (Ret.), Jeff Immelt, chairman and CEO of General Electric, and Marc Benioff on Thursday, Sept. 20 from 5 p.m.-6 p.m. PDT
• Special keynotes on Friday, Sept. 21 from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. PDT, from world-renowned thinkers Tony Robbins, entrepreneur, author and peak performance strategist, Dr. Dean Ornish, founder and president of the non-profit Preventive Medicine Research Institute, and Dr. Larry Brilliant, pioneering physician and global philanthropist
• The Dreamforce Cloud Expo showcasing 350 leading cloud computing companies
• Dreamforce Plaza on Howard Street, which will host the Dreamforce 2012 music festival -- four days of outstanding music featuring 13 San Francisco-based artists and bands!
Those who cannot attend Dreamforce in person can experience Dreamforce from anywhere by visiting Salesforce Live on Facebook at www.facebook.com/salesforce, which will stream general session keynotes, interviews with industry luminaries and more. Select Dreamforce sessions with salesforce.com executives will also be available via live streaming audiocast. A complete list of these sessions can be accessed through the company’s Investor Relations Web site at www.salesforce.com/investor.
The Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital
Continuing the tradition of integrated philanthropy at Dreamforce, the Salesforce.com Foundation is thrilled to announce the third annual Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium on Thursday, September 20th at 6:30 p.m. PDT. The benefit concert will feature Lady Antebellum, Dana Carvey, and an after-party featuring DJ MC Hammer. To purchase tickets or for more information, please visit http://www.theconcertforucsfbch.com/.
The Salesforce.com Foundation and Dreamforce are also teaming up in other meaningful ways this year:
• Dreamforce will continue its Non-profit and Higher Education track featuring more than 30 sessions and its own exhibition hall on the 3rd floor of Moscone West. Representatives from more than 1,600 non-profit and higher education institutions will be in attendance to hear from industry leaders, network and learn how to transform their organizations with social and mobile cloud technologies. For more information, please visit: Salesforce.com Foundation and Dreamforce.
• The Salesforce.com Foundation is bringing volunteer events to attendees at Dreamforce. Throughout the conference, the passion and energy of attendees will be channeled into several local community projects such as participating in a McClaren Park clean up day, preparing disaster kits with the American Red Cross, developing care packages for children in homeless shelters with Project Night Night and building bikes for local youth with Playworks.
• Conference registration is now open at www.salesforce.com/dreamforce
• Special Free Keynote and Expo Pass registration is available at
• Become a fan of Dreamforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dreamforce
• Follow @dreamforce on Twitter and join the conversation around #df12
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Using salesforce.com’s social and mobile cloud technologies, companies can connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and apps give customers the tools to create a social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work and innovate.
• Grow your business with the world’s #1 sales app, Salesforce Sales Cloud
• Deliver amazing customer service with the award-winning Salesforce Service Cloud
• Listen, engage, advertise, and measure social media marketing with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Achieve breakthrough collaboration and productivity with Salesforce Chatter
• Align, motivate and drive performance with Salesforce Work.com
• Build social and mobile cloud apps on the Salesforce Platform and extend success with the world’s leading enterprise app marketplace, the AppExchange
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
# # #
Copyright © 2012 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Work.com, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com/eu/, or call 00800 7253 3333.