Salesforce.com to Add 100 New Jobs in Dublin
Salesforce.com plans to hire qualified professionals
across sales, marketing, IT and customer support in Dublin
An Taoiseach opens new state-of-the-art office complex located at No.1 Central Park in Dublin
DUBLIN, Ireland – 24 July 2013 – Salesforce.com, the world's #1 CRM platform (www.salesforce.com/eu/company/), today announced plans to add 100 new jobs in Dublin as part of its continued investment in Europe. The company plans to hire qualified professionals in sales, marketing, IT and customer support.
The announcement was made this morning in Dublin by An Taoiseach, Enda Kenny T.D., together with David Dempsey, Senior Vice President for salesforce.com Ireland, and Barry O’Leary, CEO, IDA Ireland, during an event celebrating salesforce.com’s new state-of-the-art 50,000 square foot office complex at No. 1 Central Park. The new office is salesforce.com’s second in Dublin.
Comments on the news:
• An Taoiseach, Enda Kenny T.D. said: “Ireland's reputation as a 'digital island' acting as a European hub for the digital industry is growing rapidly as more businesses like salesforce.com expand their operations here. Today’s announcement that salesforce.com is creating 100 new jobs in Dublin is a strong endorsement of Ireland’s strengths in the digital sector and of our talented and dedicated people. The company’s leadership in social, mobile and cloud computing aligns with the Government’s policy and Action Plan for Jobs in these fast growing sectors.”
• The Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, Richard Bruton T.D. said: “Technology is central to the Government’s plans for jobs and growth, and in the past two years we have added substantial jobs in this area. Last year I met salesforce.com senior executives as part of their expansion plans and it was clear that this is a dynamic, innovative company at the cutting edge of their industry. Today’s announcement that they are expanding further in Ireland with the creation of 100 additional jobs is a major vote of confidence and a further boost to Dublin’s claim to be the Internet capital of Europe.”
• David Dempsey, senior vice president, salesforce.com, Ireland said: “Salesforce.com is driving a massive transformation in the technology industry, showing companies the power of social and mobile cloud computing and enabling them to revolutionise the way they sell, service, market and innovate and transform into customer companies. Ireland has played a key role in our success in Europe and we are delighted to be able to expand our reach in the region by hiring 100 more talented individuals in Dublin and opening a new office at No. 1 Central Park.”
• Welcoming the announcement, Barry O’Leary, CEO, IDA Ireland said: “Salesforce.com is one of the global technology industry’s fastest growing companies. The expansion of salesforce.com’s Irish operation demonstrates Ireland’s ability to attract investment from high growth companies.”
• Learn more about the new positions open in Ireland: www.salesforce.com/irelandjobs/.
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter.
• Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Salesforce.
• A community of good people doing great things: The Salesforce.com Foundation: http://www.salesforcefoundation.org.
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com/eu/, or call 00800 7253 3333.