74% of sales professionals in India feel their job is tougher now. From outdated processes to misaligned teams, there are a host of challenges that can stand in the way of sales success. However, the silver lining is an increased focus on improving cross-functional alignment, considered to be crucial in driving growth. Revenue Operations plays a vital role here, by breaking down silos, streamlining processes, and optimising revenue-generating activities.
What is revenue operations?
Revenue operations (RevOps) is a strategic function that helps teams maximise sales efficiency with automation, data, and intelligence, and enables them to make decisions that support business growth. This approach aims to break down siloes and foster greater collaboration between sales, marketing, and customer success teams to achieve three goals:
- Minimise revenue loss,
- Price strategically for better conversion rate and margins, and,
- Use customer data to uncover new revenue streams.
In the Salesforce webinar “4 Ways Sales Teams Can Drive Productivity“, Padmakumar R, Head – Revenue Operations, Pepper Content discussed how RevOps can help sales teams work more efficiently and effectively by aligning functions and processes, and providing superior decision-making tools, and insights.
How RevOps enhances sales teams’ performance and drives revenue
1. Streamlines processes
RevOps can streamline workflows across the entire sales funnel – from lead generation to customer retention – by identifying and addressing bottlenecks, optimising the sales funnel, and improving communication between different teams. By leveraging RevOps, organisations can:
- Ensure sales reps have simplified visibility into processes, real-time progress, and the value of process adherence.
- Remove friction in processes, both within and across departments
2. Provides data-led insights
Sales reps must offer significant value addition in every interaction to boost customer engagement. For this, they need access to to in-depth, unique insights about every buyer/prospect to offer relevant solutions.
RevOps provide sales teams with a single source of truth that integrates data from all touchpoints in the customer journey. Such data helps sales teams:
- Align their strategy and operations based on customer behaviour, preferences, and engagement patterns – both at a collective and individual level.
- Drive personalised and relevant customer engagement online and offline for conversions at scale.
3. Enables cross-functional collaboration
With the help of RevOps, organisations can establish clear revenue priorities and goals and break them down into smaller targets and milestones for all teams. RevOps enables the same by:
- Creating a culture of data-based collaboration with a clear understanding of each team’s role in the revenue-generating process.
- Breaking down process siloes and improving communication by leveraging shared language and metrics.
4. Drives sales automation
RevOps is essential in automating, scaling, and optimising sales processes such as lead scoring, nurturing, and pipeline management. Additionally, RevOps teams identify gaps in the existing technology stack and recommend tools to enhance sales automation.
5. Evangelises training and coaching
RevOps helps provide regular training and coaching to sales teams, letting them develop market-relevant skills and stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices. RevOps does this by:
- Identifying gaps in the sales team’s skills and knowledge
- Designing and implementing training programs to address the identified skill gaps
- Providing sales teams with sales enablement tools, such as playbooks, case studies, and sales training videos.
Maximise sales efficiency by empowering RevOps with Sales Cloud
A unified CRM is essential to aligning people, processes, technology, and data – vital to seamless revenue operations. An AI-powered CRM and all-in-one sales tool like Salesforce Sales Cloud can empower the RevOps function in the following manner:
- Sales Cloud centralises customer data, allowing RevOps to analyse sales performance and customer behaviour for data-driven decisions.
- Sales Cloud enables the automation of sales processes, which lets RevOps prioritise strategic initiatives, such as productivity and revenue growth.
- It can be easily integrated with other sales and marketing tools, which enables RevOps to streamline the sales process and gain insights into sales performance.
- It enables seamless cross-functional collaboration between sales, marketing, and customer success, ensuring that all teams are aligned toward the common goal of generating revenue.
- Sales Cloud provides dashboards and reports that help monitor sales performance and identify areas where improvement is needed, providing valuable insights for RevOps.
Create a win-all strategy by empowering your RevOps team with Salesforce
Watch our webinar ‘4 Ways Sales Teams Can Drive Productivity’ for more insights.