Salesforce.com Positioned as a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement Center
Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement Center defines leaders as demonstrating a market-defining vision and the ability to execute
Salesforce Service Cloud, the #1 customer service solution is used by leading companies like Activision, Chipotle, NJ TRANSIT and Yamaha Corporation of America to transform the way they connect with customers over any channel
SAN FRANCISCO – May 20, 2013 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the world’s #1 CRM platform, today announced it has again been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant of the 2013 Magic Quadrant for CRM customer engagement center . Gartner defines a CRM customer engagement center as, “a logical set of technologies and business applications that are engineered to provide customer service and support, regardless of the interaction (or engagement) channel.” Salesforce Service Cloud, the #1 customer service solution, empowers companies to provide amazing customer service on any device, anytime and through any channel.
According to the report, “Leaders demonstrate market-defining vision and the ability to execute against that vision through products, services, demonstrable sales figures, and solid new references for multiple geographies and vertical industries. Clients report that the vendors deliver a high level of value and return on their commitment. The development team has a clear vision of the implications of business rules, and the impact of social networking on customer service requirements. A characteristic of a Leader is that clients look to the vendor for clues as to how to innovate in customer service in areas such as embedded sensors in equipment, mobile support and extension to social communities.”
Comments on the News
• “We are honored to be recognized in the Leader’s quadrant for salesforce.com’s vision and execution,” said Alex Bard, SVP and GM, Service Cloud, salesforce.com. “We believe our success is the direct result of our proven ability to transform how companies connect with their customers, employees, partners and products in the new mobile and social era.”
• According to the Gartner report, “the blend of social media engagement with CRM software is evolving the contact center into the customer engagement center. Gartner’s 2013 Magic Quadrant for CRM customer engagement centers Magic Quadrant looks at vendors who respond to the challenge of ‘any channel’ customer service engagement.”
Customer Companies Harness the Mobile and Social Revolution
The world is in the midst of a mobile and social revolution that is fueled by the 1.7 billion mobile devices shipped and the 4.5 billion people connected to social networks. Now, every customer has a voice through social and mobile technologies and their expectations for immediate engagement and gratification are high. Customers are demanding more and better service, delivered through every conceivable channel. Salesforce.com is empowering organizations to harness the power of mobile and social cloud computing technology and transform into customer companies by offering amazing service to customers anywhere, on any device and through any channel.
Deployed by more than 34,000 customers including Chipotle, GE and NJ TRANSIT, Service Cloud is the #1 customer service solution that connects companies with their customers in entirely new ways. Companies who have deployed the Service Cloud have seen an average 37 percent decrease in first call resolution time, an average 36 percent decrease in support costs, an average 36 percent increase in agent productivity, and an average 34 percent increase in customer satisfaction, according to a recent third party research report sponsored by salesforce.com .
Service Cloud and its customers won the highly coveted CRM Magazine 2013 CRM Service Awards for the second consecutive year. Salesforce.com was the winner in two categories for Customer Case Management and Web Support, further validating the company’s CRM leadership position. In addition, salesforce.com customer’s Activision and Yamaha Corporation of America dominated the 2013 CRM Service Elite Awards, winning for their Salesforce deployments.
• For access to a complimentary copy of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement Center, 2013, please visit: http://bit.ly/YWqvJ9
• Like the Service Cloud on Facebook: http://facebook.com/servicecloud
• Learn more about the Service Cloud: http://www.salesforce.com/service-cloud/overview/
• Follow @Salesforce on Twitter