Salesforce.com Unveils the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, The Customer Platform for 1:1 Marketing
ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, now part of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, empowers brands including CareerBuilder, Gap, Nike and Unilever, to connect with customers in a whole new way through email, mobile, social, web and connected products
SAN FRANCISCO—DREAMFORCE 2013—Nov. 20, 2013—Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world’s #1 CRM platform, unveiled today the Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, the customer platform for 1:1 marketing.
The ExactTarget Marketing Cloud provides best-in-class digital marketing apps for email, mobile, social, web, marketing automation and connected products and provides a data infrastructure that makes it possible for marketers to create a single view of every customer, manage the customer journey and deliver optimized content on every channel and every device.
The ExactTarget Marketing Cloud delivers a powerful combination of ExactTarget’s digital marketing apps and platform with salesforce.com’s social marketing products – Buddy Media, Radian6 and Social.com.
Comments on the News
• “The ExactTarget Marketing Cloud is the customer platform for 1:1 marketing, connecting companies with their customers in a whole new way,” said Scott Dorsey, Chief Executive Officer of ExactTarget Marketing Cloud. “With the Internet of Customers everyone and everything is connected, the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud makes it possible for marketers to deliver a seamless, 1:1 and relevant experience across email, mobile, social media, websites and even connected products.”
• “CareerBuilder’s mission is to empower employment. To win in today’s marketplace we have to have a centralized place to map the journey for every touch point with customers,” said Matt Ferguson, Chief Executive Officer of CareerBuilder. “Salesforce.com and ExactTarget have been long-term partners with us on this mission. The ExactTarget Marketing Cloud gives us the ability to map customer journeys at scale and provide career advice in a relevant way, in real-time.”
• “Mobile and social have dramatically changed the way that we connect our brands with the people that we serve,” said Luis Di Como, senior vice president, media at Unilever. “Unilever has fully embraced and pioneered this digital revolution, and a partner like ExactTarget Marketing Cloud empowers us to provide relevant, contextual and personalised brand experiences across the whole path to purchase.”
• “As all marketing becomes personalized, mobile and digital, smart marketers are investing in new ways to connect with customers,” said Mary Wardley, program vice president of CRM Applications, IDC. “Powerful platforms like the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud provide the crucial capabilities of allowing marketers to bring in customer data from many sources and deliver highly personalized marketing to customers across channels.”
Salesforce ExactTarget Marketing Cloud: The Customer Platform for 1:1 Marketing
Industry analysts predict that CMOs will surpass CIOs in spend on technology within the next five years1 and digital marketing is one of the top three imperatives on every of CEO’s agenda this year.2 Just as salesforce.com transformed how companies sell to and service their customers, the company is now revolutionizing how businesses market in the Internet of Customers with the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud.
With the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud, marketers can now:
• Create a Single View of Every Customer:
Provides a proven cloud platform, data infrastructure and flexible integration framework to integrate and aggregate data from any conceivable source to create a single view of every customer to power highly relevant 1:1 marketing.
• Define, Manage and Influence Customer Journeys:
Through the ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Journey Builder application, marketers can map customer journeys, define campaign objectives and map digital marketing interactions, such as email, mobile, social and websites, to create highly personalized customer experiences that dynamically evolve based on consumer or customer engagement and ROI.
• Deliver Optimized Content on Every Channel and Every Device:
• Email–Create Relevant and Targeted Email Campaigns
Manage, automate and optimize data-driven email marketing, real-time alerts and highly personalized communications for every customer. Optimize for mobile email, automate campaigns and improve workflow across the enterprise with collaboration, approvals, cloud editor and analytics.
• Mobile–Reach Your Customers Wherever They Are
Create, target, send and track mobile messaging, including SMS, push messages to apps on smartphones and tablets, and email campaigns. Deliver location-based push messages, multi-media SMS and in-app rich push notifications, featuring video, audio and images.
• Social–Listen, Publish, Engage and Advertise Across All Social Channels
Gain insights from every conversation happening online with real-time listening at scale from 500+ million sources with Salesforce Radian6. Scale content marketing, manage and schedule posts and publish content with Salesforce Buddy Media. Create, optimize and automate social ad campaigns with Salesforce Social.com.
• Web–Manage Personalized 1:1 Web Experiences
Combine real-time insights, customer preferences and even past purchases to power data-driven product and content recommendations online.
Salesforce1 for Marketers
The ExactTarget Marketing Cloud is part of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform. Salesforce1 empowers marketers with mobile access to listen to and engage their customers on social media and collaborate on campaigns, events and marketing content with Salesforce Chatter. Salesforce1 will provide marketers a mobile experience to create, approve and monitor campaigns in real time across email, mobile, social and Web.
Salesforce1 Customer Platform—The Customer Platform for the Internet of Customers
Salesforce1 Customer Platform is the new social, mobile, connected and cloud customer platform built to transform sales, service and marketing apps for the Internet of Customers. As the pioneer of enterprise cloud computing, salesforce.com built the next generation of the world’s #1 cloud platform for the new connected world. Now, every company can connect with customers in a whole new way.
Pricing and Availability
• The ExactTarget Marketing Cloud is generally available to customers today. All ExactTarget Marketing Cloud applications are available as standalone applications or as a fully integrated suite.
• Salesforce1 for Marketers is expected to become generally available to customers in the first calendar quarter of 2014.
• Customers who purchase salesforce.com technologies should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.
• Watch Dreamforce 2013 live on Salesforce Live at http://facebook.com/dreamforce
• Find more information on ExactTarget Marketing Cloud at: http://www.exacttarget.com
• Like ExactTarget on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/exacttarget
• Follow @Salesforce, @ExactTarget and @MarketingCloud on Twitter
1 Gartner http://my.gartner.com/portal/server.pt?open=512&objID=202&mode=2&PageID=5553&resId=1871515&ref=Webin
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com/in/.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com/in/, or call +91 80 4022 4064.