Marketing Cloud, Trailhead...
Enterprise cloud computing leader recognized by the Ethisphere Institute for exceptional ethical leadership along with industry leaders such as Aflac, American Express, Campbell Soup, the Ford Motor Company, General Electric, Google, L’Oréal, Nike, PepsiCo, Starbucks, T-Mobile USA, UPS, Whole Foods Market and Xerox
SAN FRANCISCO – March 29, 2010 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced it has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for 2010 for the fourth consecutive year.
Out of a record number of nominations, salesforce.com secured a hard-earned spot on the list by going the extra mile and implementing business practices and initiatives that are instrumental to the company’s success, benefit the community, and raise the bar for ethical standards within the industry. Salesforce.com was recognized along with other industry leaders such as Aflac, American Express, Campbell Soup, the Ford Motor Company, General Electric, Google, L’Oréal, Nike, PepsiCo, Starbucks, T-Mobile USA, UPS, Whole Foods Market and Xerox.
Comments on the News:
• “It’s an honor to be recognized with a place on the 2010 World’s Most Ethical Companies list for the fourth consecutive year,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “Our commitment to ethical leadership, compliance practices and a new type of corporate social responsibility is a direct reflection of the integrity and spirit of our employees at every level.”
• “Salesforce.com’s promotion of a sound ethical environment shines within its industry and shows a clear understanding that operating under the highest standards for business behavior goes beyond goodwill and ‘lip-service’ and is intimately linked to performance and profitability,” said Alex Brigham, executive director, Ethisphere Institute. “This year’s World’s Most Ethical Companies award was more competitive than ever, because companies realize that making ethics a priority is critical amidst a tough economic environment.”
About the World’s Most Ethical Companies for 2010 Award:
• This is the fourth year that Ethisphere, a think-tank dedicated to the creation, advancement and sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, anti-corruption and sustainability, has published the rankings, which appear in Ethisphere Magazine’s Q1 issue.
• Through in-depth research and a multi-step analysis, Ethisphere reviewed thousands of nominations from companies in over 100 countries and 36 industries in order to determine the winners.
• The methodology for the World’s Most Ethical ranking includes reviewing codes of ethics, litigation and regulatory infraction histories; evaluating the investment in innovation and sustainable business practices; looking at activities designed to improve corporate citizenship; and studying nominations from senior executives, industry peers, suppliers and customers.
• Read more about the methodology and view the complete list of the 2010 World’s Most Ethical Companies at http://ethisphere.com/wme-2010.
Salesforce.com’s 2010 Corporate Recognition:
This honor follows a number of corporate achievements that salesforce.com has been honored with so far in 2010, including being ranked #43 on Fortune Magazine’s Best Companies to Work For list (http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/bestcompanies/2010/full_list/), being named to Fast Company’s list of the top 10 Most Innovative Web Companies (http://www.fastcompany.com/mic/2010/industry/most-innovative-web-companies), and as a finalist for the “.com 25” honors (www.25yearsof.com) along with Amazon.com, Apple, eBay, Facebook, Google, and Twitter for their contributions in shaping the Internet.
About Ethisphere Institute
The research-based Ethisphere Institute is a leading international think tank dedicated to the creation, advancement and sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, anti corruption and sustainability. The Institute’s associated membership group, the Ethisphere Council, is a forum for business ethics that includes over 200 leading corporations, universities and institutions. The Ethisphere Council is dedicated to the development and advancement of individuals on its membership council through increased efficiency, innovation, tools, mentoring, advice, and unique career opportunities. Ethisphere magazine, which publishes the globally recognized World’s Most Ethical Companies Ranking™, is the quarterly publication of the Institute. More information on the Ethisphere Institute, including ranking projects and membership, can be found at www.ethisphere.com.
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company. The company’s portfolio of Salesforce CRM applications, available at http://www.salesforce.com/products/, has revolutionized the ways that companies collaborate and communicate with their customers across sales, marketing and service. The company’s Force.com platform (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/) helps customers, partners and developers to quickly build powerful business applications to run every part of the enterprise in the cloud. Based on salesforce.com’s real-time, multitenant architecture, Salesforce CRM and Force.com offer the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing.
As of January 31, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 72,500 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks. Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM". For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright (c) 2010 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the "no software" logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Salesforce, the global CRM leader, empowers companies of every size and industry to digitally transform and create a 360° view of their customers. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.