Marketing Cloud, Trailhead...
With Chatter, Dell extends enterprise social collaboration to 90,000+ employees
SAN FRANCISCO – Nov. 19, 2010 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that technology industry pioneer Dell has expanded its Salesforce Chatter deployment and made it available throughout the enterprise. Building on its existing deployment to the sales and marketing organizations, Dell has extended Chatter to more than 90,000 employees around the world and joins the more than 60,000 salesforce.com customers who have adopted the technology.
Chatter provides the enterprise social collaboration technology to help Dell’s employees and teams collaborate. With Chatter, they can gain immediate insight into their company’s programs, projects, customers, cases and documents. Chatter is the industry’s first enterprise social collaboration app that enables employees to create profiles and groups as well as follow colleagues and business information such as accounts, opportunities and cases. Chatter will also push updates to them – delivering new levels of efficiency. Built on the trusted, secure and scalable Force.com enterprise cloud computing platform, Chatter leverages its sophisticated sharing model to ensure people collaborate only around the information and content they’re authorized to view and access.
Comments on the News
• “Dell continues to lead the industry with its adoption of social networking to connect and engage with people,” said John Miles, vice president of business information organization, Dell. “Since engaging in breakthrough channels like Facebook, the Dell IdeaStorm site and Twitter, we’ve embraced social technologies to meet customer needs faster through collaboration. We see the same potential in our Salesforce Chatter deployment for our workforce with enterprise-wide social collaboration.”
• “Being able to follow opportunities is a unique feature of this application. Connecting people together helps connect the dots on sales,” said Susan Beebe, chief listener, Dell.
Already a Salesforce enterprise license agreement customer, Dell chose to deploy Chatter to employees around the world, pursuant to an enterprise agreement announced by the two companies in 2008. Leveraging the features popularized by Facebook, Google and Twitter – such as profiles, status updates and real-time feeds — Chatter empowers companies with a new level of productivity only possible in the cloud.
The industry response to Chatter signals the overwhelming demand for Cloud 2 apps that are social, mobile and real-time. Cloud 2 started with consumer social networking sites that people use every day in their personal lives. Until Chatter, companies could not leverage Cloud 2 capabilities within their enterprise. Now, all of salesforce.com’s more than 87,200 customers can harness the same immediacy and productivity of these consumer apps, coupled with the trust, security and scalability required by the enterprise to realize tremendous success with enterprise social collaboration.
• For salesforce.com customers, visit www.salesforce.com/chatter/getstarted for guides, FAQs and tutorials on how to turn on Chatter and use within the organization
• For prospective customers, get your free trial of Salesforce today at www.salesforce.com
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter and join the conversation with #Chatter
• To learn more about Cloud 2, view the video: www.salesforce.com/video/events.jsp?t=Cloud_2_Launch_Part_1__Marc_Benioffs_Industry_Vision&v=xYs67Xgoq78
This release may contain forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. If any such uncertainties materialize or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, the results of salesforce.com, inc. could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements we make. All statements other than statements of historical fact could be deemed forward-looking, including any projections of subscriber growth, earnings, revenues, or other financial items and any statements regarding strategies or plans of management for future operations, statements of belief, any statements concerning new, planned, or upgraded services or technology developments and customer contracts or use of our services. Salesforce.com, inc. assumes no obligation and does not intend to update any forward-looking statements that may be present in this release.
Salesforce, the global CRM leader, empowers companies of every size and industry to digitally transform and create a 360° view of their customers. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.