Marketing Cloud, Trailhead...
Salesforce.com brings Cloud 2 – social, mobile and open cloud computing – to the channel
Huddleston recognized for his leadership in growing the company’s ISV revenue and move towards partner-led implementations and development of partner-centric technologies
SAN FRANCISCO, April 28, 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced Ron Huddleston, vice president of global ISV alliances at salesforce.com, has been named a 2011 Channel Chief by the Everything Channel’s CRN Magazine. According to CRN Magazine, Huddleston was recognized for leading the company’s major shift towards partner-led implementations and the development of partner-centric technologies. As the industry shifts to Cloud 2, Huddleston and the salesforce.com partner program provide partners the means to deliver social, mobile and open cloud computing solutions utilizing the Force.com platform-as-a-service.
Salesforce.com brings Cloud 2 to the channel
2010 was an important year for salesforce.com’s cloud computing partner program. The company continues to build its partner community by enhancing its industry-leading cloud platform-as-a-service Force.com, on which partners can easily develop and deliver innovative Cloud 2 business applications with instant social, mobile and open capabilities.
In 2010, salesforce.com:
• Announced an open standards-based REST API for the Force.com platform and launched a new open cloud database product, database.com.
• Announced a series of partner-centric platform products, including Appforce, the fastest path to build apps, Siteforce, the fastest way to build data-rich websites and a new product for the channel community to sell, and ISVforce, designed specifically for ISV partners to build commercial apps.
• Launched an OEM program for ISVs. The OEM program offers partners the proven Force.com cloud platform to build enterprise-ready apps, while maintaining the independence and flexibility partners need to reach new markets and users. Salesforce.com’s Force.com OEM partners include companies such as Ariba, Blackboard, BMC, CA and Pitney Bowes.
• Added more than 2,700 new partners in North America alone.
• Surpassed the 1,000 apps milestone on AppExchange, the world’s leading cloud computing application marketplace.
Comments on the announcement
• “The salesforce.com partner program is based on the fundamental idea that we do not succeed unless our partners succeed,” said Ron Huddleston, vice president, global ISV alliances, salesforce.com. “It is this mantra that motivates us to continue building innovative tools that help our partners build and deliver Cloud 2 solutions that are social, mobile and open. That makes us incredibly proud to receive this honor.”
• “Salesforce.com’s commitment to providing a cutting edge cloud platform for its partners to develop and deliver cloud applications has been the life force behind the growth of our business,” said Dave Yarnold, CEO, ServiceMax. “We’re able to focus our resources on delivering the innovation our customers need in our field service suite instead of managing infrastructure.”
• “Being named a Channel Chief is one of the most prestigious honors in the IT industry. This year’s Channel Chiefs offer tremendous insight into the who’s who of the Channel,” said Kelley Damore, VP, Editorial Director, Everything Channel. “Top channel executives consistently ensure that the Channel’s voice is heard when strategic decisions are being made and continually nurture mutually profitable relationships. We applaud this year’s Channel Chiefs for their successful partner programs and strategies.”
Additional information on the award
• According to the award, Channel Chiefs are leaders in creating effective channel programs for solution providers. They consistently defend, promote and execute effective channel partner programs and strategies.
• This year’s Channel Chiefs were chosen based by Everything Channel editorial on criteria including policy and program innovations made during the past year, the amount of revenue their company generates through partners, their willingness to speak out publicly on behalf of the channel, and the number of years they have dedicated to channel activities.
• For additional information on the CRN Channel Chief list, visit www.channelweb.com. The Channel Chief list was published in the February 21, 2011 issue.
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter
• Click here for information on how to join the AppExchange.
• Click here for a video on how to use the AppExchange to extend cloud apps to all of your employees.
About Everything Channel
Everything Channel is the premier provider of IT channel-focused events, media, research, consulting, and sales and marketing services. With over 30 years of experience and engagement, Everything Channel has the unmatched channel expertise to execute integrated solutions for technology executives managing partner recruitment, enablement and go-to-market strategy in order to accelerate technology sales. Everything Channel is a UBM company. To learn more about Everything Channel, visit us at http://www.everythingchannel.com.
About United Business Media Limited
UBM (UBM.L) focuses on two principal activities: worldwide information distribution, targeting and monitoring; and, the development and monetisation of B2B communities and markets. UBM’s businesses inform markets and serve professional commercial communities — from doctors to game developers, from journalists to jewelry traders, from farmers to pharmacists — with integrated events, online, print and business information products. Our 6,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into specialist teams that serve these communities, bringing buyers and sellers together, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently. For more information, go to www.ubm.com.
Salesforce, the global CRM leader, empowers companies of every size and industry to digitally transform and create a 360° view of their customers. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.