Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff to deliver keynote featuring industry leaders from Estee Lauder, General Electric, and Toyota
More than 10,000 attendees expected to register to be inspired by the power of social as the Dreamforce experience comes to New York
SAN FRANCISCO – October 15, 2012 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced Cloudforce New York—the largest enterprise cloud computing event on the East Coast. The event will take place Oct. 19 at the Javits Center in New York City, where Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff will deliver a keynote on how companies are transforming their businesses for the social revolution.
More than 10,000 attendees are expected to register to be inspired at Cloudforce, as industry leaders including General Electric and Toyota reveal how social, mobile and cloud technologies are enabling them to connect with their customers, partners, employees—and even products—in entirely new ways. With more than 30 sessions and 80 cloud companies in the expo, attendees can attend visionary keynotes, participate in interactive sessions, see hundreds of live demos and join in unparalleled networking opportunities.
Register to attend Cloudforce New York for free at http://bit.ly/SmiOGA or watch the keynote online and join the conversation with Salesforce Live beginning at 9:30 a.m. ET at www.facebook.com/salesforce. Immediately following the keynote, Marc Benioff will host a press and analyst Q&A session at approximately Noon ET, which will be audiocast live at www.salesforce.com/investor.
Comment on the News
• “Companies today are facing a new imperative – their customers, partners and employees are all social—but are their companies?” asked Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “Salesforce.com empowers companies to transform the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work and innovate to connect with customers in new ways to drive growth.
Connecting in Entirely New Ways
A social revolution is taking place around the world. There are more than 4.5 billion social users globally having more than 150 million conversations everyday on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more. But the social revolution is no longer just a consumer movement; it is creating a customer revolution for every business today. Fortune 100 companies are experiencing 123 percent growth in the number of fans on Facebook, while website traffic continues to decline. IDC reports that spending on social networking is up 47 percent, the highest growth in spending for any technology category. And, a 2012 McKinsey Global Institute study reports that 70 percent of companies have adopted social technology—and that these social technologies have the opportunity to unlock $1.3 trillion in business value.
As the leader in enterprise cloud computing with a proven track record of social and mobile innovation, salesforce.com is empowering companies to connect with their customers, partners, employees and products in entirely new ways.
The Dreamforce Experience Hits the Big Apple
Cloudforce New York 2012 brings the excitement and energy of Dreamforce—the world’s largest vendor technology conference—to New York City. Salesforce.com invites anyone who would like to attend Cloudforce New York to take advantage of the free event pass for front row access to:
• Inspirational keynote from Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com, featuring top global brands including Estee Lauder, General Electric and Toyota
• Eight product keynotes including the Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Work.com, Salesforce Chatter and Salesforce Platform featuring salesforce.com executives
• More than 30 interactive sessions led by industry experts including Avon, Kelly Services and Thomson Reuters
• New live demos and solutions packed into the Cloud Expo from more than 80 leading cloud computing companies
• Developer Zone featuring hands on-coding and best practices for building the next generation of social apps
Bringing Integrated Philanthropy to New York
Salesforce.com integrates philanthropy into everything it does, including events. Attendees are invited to volunteer onsite with planned activities from Playworks, a national non-profit and Salesforce.com Foundation customer that is dedicated to supporting learning by providing safe, healthy and inclusive play and physical activity to schools.
• Free event pass available now: http://bit.ly/SmiOGA
• Watch the keynote on Salesforce Live: www.facebook.com/salesforce
• Become a fan of Salesforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter and use the #cloudforce hashtag to join the conversation
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Using salesforce.com’s social and mobile cloud technologies, companies can connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com’s real-time, multitenant architecture, the company’s platform and apps give customers the tools to create a social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work and innovate.
• Grow your business with the world’s #1 sales app, Salesforce Sales Cloud
• Deliver amazing customer service with the award-winning Salesforce Service Cloud
• Listen, engage, advertise, and measure social media marketing with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Achieve breakthrough collaboration and productivity with Salesforce Chatter
• Align, motivate and drive performance with Salesforce Work.com
• Build social and mobile cloud apps on the Salesforce Platform and extend success with the world’s leading enterprise app marketplace, the AppExchange
# # #
Copyright © 2012 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Work.com, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Salesforce, the global CRM leader, empowers companies of every size and industry to digitally transform and create a 360° view of their customers. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.