For the first time ever, companies can build a trusted, customized corporate app store to manage and distribute all their custom, mobile, web and desktop apps
Built on the Salesforce Platform, Private AppExchange empowers CIOs to give every employee instant access to the apps they need, across any device, to supercharge productivity
Customer companies such as Brown-Forman, Glassdoor and Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group can now deliver a unified and personalized app experience for every employee
SAN FRANCISCO—Oct. 31, 2013—Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world’s #1 CRM platform, today launched Salesforce Private AppExchange, enabling companies to deliver a one-stop shop for every app across their enterprise. For the first time ever, any company can build a trusted and customized corporate app store to manage and distribute all their custom, mobile, web and desktop apps. Built on the Salesforce Platform, Private AppExchange empowers CIOs to give every employee instant access to the apps they need, across any device, to supercharge productivity. Customer companies such as Brown-Forman, Glassdoor and Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group can now deliver a unified and personalized app experience for every employee.
• “Employees today have an expectation that they can deploy apps for work as easily as they do in their personal lives, yet CIOs must balance that expectation with business requirements around access and control,” said Mike Rosenbaum, EVP of Salesforce Platform, salesforce.com. "With Salesforce Private AppExchange, now CIOs can quickly deliver a custom corporate app store—a one-stop shop for all of their enterprise apps."
• "The ability to distribute any type of app—mobile, cloud, custom, third party—across our company would greatly benefit all employees at Brown-Forman," said Jennifer McClinton, director, Technology Development, Brown-Forman. "Right now, we have various solutions for different app types, but we see huge potential in having a one-stop app experience, such as the one delivered with Private AppExchange, to boost employee productivity."
• “The explosive growth in demand for mobile applications is creating delivery and management challenges for all organizations and we are no different,” said Ian Cohen, group CIO, Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group. “Salesforce Private AppExchange is an exciting development that has the potential to dramatically simplify the process of managing app distribution to employees. The ability to create a secure and private ‘JLT space’ where our employees could access the apps they need on any device would be a genuine business transformation."
• “Corporate app stores enable IT teams to change how they support and deliver apps. With app stores, Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) teams can give end users a self-service option and an intuitive interface to access corporate-approved mobile applications. Security and Risk (S&R) pros are happier because they’re gaining some ability to control mobile apps and manage access policies. Employees can also use the app store as a portal for accessing all the tools that they need to do their jobs." (Sourced from Forrester analysts Christian Kane and Michele Pelino’s, report “Build A Corporate App Store into Your Corporate Mobility Strategy” January 16th, 2013, Forrester Research, Inc.)
Apps are critical to driving employee productivity, but CIOs are still faced with the challenge of getting the right apps into the hands of end users across the enterprise. In the consumer world, getting apps is a no-brainer: go to an app store from a phone or laptop, tap the “install” button and, in a matter of seconds, the app is on the device and available to use. In the enterprise world, before an employee can even install an app he must first check if the app is supported, then log a ticket with IT, wait for access and, on top of that, remember multiple passwords to access his apps. Today, companies recognize they need a single place to instantly distribute any app to employees, across any device, providing them with access to the apps needed to supercharge productivity.
Redefining App Distribution for the Enterprise
Salesforce Private AppExchange enables companies to build their own corporate app store to manage and distribute any app, across any device—all from a single, trusted platform. For the first time ever, IT can customize the app experience for every employee based on their specific job function, delivering a unified and personalized experience for every employee to access the apps they need with:
• One-stop shop: Distribute any custom, mobile, web or desktop app to end users through a central, private app store
• Instant access: Deploy apps to any mobile device, tablet or desktop with a single identity leveraging Salesforce Identity
• Customization: Personalize stores by role, department or theme to drive discoverability of apps and maximize user adoption
With Private AppExchange IT admins can make the app distribution process as easy as point and click. Even before a sales rep starts her new job, IT can ensure that every app needed to close more deals—from capturing customer notes on the go with Evernote, to logging travel in her company’s custom travel management app, to signing documents electronically with DocuSign—are instantly accessible to her on any device, through a single identity. Now, a personalized app experience awaits when she signs in for the first time, and instead of logging tickets, she can start logging sales calls right away. And because IT spends less time managing app requests, they can spend more time on innovation.
Salesforce Private AppExchange – Unleashing Productivity for Customer Companies
Leading companies such as Brown-Forman, Glassdoor and Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group can realize new levels of success with Private AppExchange today by providing employees with the apps needed to create deeper connections with customers, partners and products. An IT admin can now give sales reps a choice on what app to use to generate price quotes for prospects. A product manager can sign into his development tracking app from his desktop or mobile phone using the same login. And an HR manager can now have a customized store so her team can easily find all the HR apps needed to drive employee success, all in one location.
Pricing & Availability
• Salesforce Private AppExchange will be generally available with support for web and mobile apps on Nov. 1, 2013. Support for desktop apps is expected to be generally available in 2014.
• Salesforce Private AppExchange will be available with Enterprise, Performance and Unlimited licenses for Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Identity, Salesforce Company Communities, Force.com and Salesforce Chatter Plus.
• For more information on Private AppExchange, please visit: http://www.salesforce.com/platform/privateappexchange/index.jsp
• Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
• Follow @Salesforce on Twitter
Salesforce, the global CRM leader, empowers companies of every size and industry to digitally transform and create a 360° view of their customers. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.