Welcome to the Dreamforce Reporter, our collection of the key announcements, ideas and insights coming out of Dreamforce 2019. Today we are wrapping up highlights from closing sessions featuring speakers ranging from soccer stars Megan Rapinoe and David Beckham to actress Emilia Clarke.
Below are some of the key announcements and highlights from this week. In addition, don’t miss our Dreamforce Reporter story highlighting day one, including the complete opening keynote video replay, here, our coverage of day two, here, and our report on day three here.
- Salesforce Announces Customer 360 Truth—A Single Source of Truth for Every Customer Across the World’s #1 CRM
- Salesforce and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Expand Global Strategic Partnership
- “Hey Einstein”— Salesforce Brings Voice to Every Customer Experience
- Apple and Salesforce Ignite Productivity and Learning on the Best Devices for Business
For a full list of our announcements, visit our Key Announcement Guide.
A Conversation with Megan Rapinoe
KEY MULTIMEDIA ASSETS
- “We always say we can’t understand a person’s perspective but, you know, I think we kind of can… our job as an ally is to correct our own people, to listen and actually believe what they are saying.” – Megan Rapinoe, World Cup and Olympic Champion
- When we let everyone free, and we let everyone be themselves, that’s how we get the best out of the team.” – Megan Rapinoe, World Cup and Olympic Champion
The Planet’s Two Lungs: Oceans and Forests
KEY MULTIMEDIA ASSETS
- “I think we all have sort of come to realize how important it is to have that youth voice in climate change. Indeed, this future we’re engineering, that you’re helping shape — it’s their future, it’s your future, it is a youth future.” – Douglas McCauley, Professor, UC Santa Barbara, Director, Benioff Ocean Initiative
- “Just to know that in the 60 or 70 years we’ve been using plastic, that plastic particles can now be found from the ocean surface to the ocean depth and all around the world, is just a startling reminder that these are things that we do every day that impact the health of the ocean.” – Amiee David, Vice President, Ocean Conservation Policy, Monterey Bay Aquarium
- “We of course need to protect the 3 trillion trees we already have. And we’re currently losing about 10 billion trees a year. Ten billion trees — that’s more than the entire tree cover of Germany … and the two main products causing this deforestation are beef and palm oil, so I’m going to need all of you to stop eating those.” – Felix Finkbeiner, Founder, Plant-for-the-Planet Foundation
- “This is not for our scientists, this is not for our nonprofits — this is an existential threat to civilization as we know it. In fact, I think businesses can play an outside role in order to help us find leverage points to allow for us to anticipate change, come up with mitigation strategies, and ultimately, get toward more of an efficient economic system.” – Robbie Schingler, Co-Founder and Chief Strategy Officer, Planet
Brain Health and Resilience with Emilia Clarke and Deepak Chopra
KEY MULTIMEDIA ASSETS
- “I was raised to never say ‘poor me’ – I’m just pathologically hopeful. I put so much into that; when the crunch time came, it just wasn’t an option to not fight for it. It’s the fight part in me that is probably the strongest. It’s the appetite for life, at the crunch time it comes out to be stronger.” – Emilia Clarke, Actor and Founder, SameYou
- “If you break your leg, at least you’re aware that that part of your body needs to be protected. But with your mind, that takes care of everything, then there’s no part of you that doesn’t need to be protected, that doesn’t need to be held close. If you’re not supported in the process, you’ve got nothing. It’s incredibly frightening. That was my biggest recovery process – navigating my way through.” – Emilia Clarke, Actor and Founder, SameYou
- “This is the real purpose of mindfulness – you’re not a human thinking, you’re not a human doing, you are a human being. And this human being is eternal. This presence is the source of your insight, of your imagination, of your creativity, and your vision to not only transform yourself but also the world…. In the world today we have lost our soul, so hold on to this presence. It is the only thing that is permanent.” – Deepak Chopra, MD, Author, Metahuman Founder, The Chopra Foundation, The Chopra Foundation
- “Ask: Who am I? What am I? What do I want from my life? What is my purpose, my calling? What is my vision for myself and the world? What am I grateful for? Gratitude will open the door to your soul… When we ask these questions and we settle into the presence of our soul, life spontaneously moves us into the answers… Be aware of being aware; be aware of your own self; not as a thought, not as a perception, but as a being. Be present here and now… God’s language is silence – everything else is poor translation. – Deepak Chopra, MD, Author, Metahuman Founder, The Chopra Foundation, The Chopra Foundation