Quick Take: Salesforce and AWS have announced an expanded strategic partnership designed to make it easy for customers around the world to use the full set of Salesforce and AWS capabilities together to quickly build and deploy powerful new business applications.
Why it matters:
- The world’s leading cloud provider and the #1 CRM platform are together making it easy for developers to natively leverage AWS services in Salesforce, enable both AWS and Salesforce developers to build and launch custom applications, and securely connect data and workflows across Salesforce and AWS.
- As a result of the partnership, customers can innovate fast with pre-built applications that combine AWS and the Salesforce Customer 360 – making it easier for organizations to seamlessly and quickly deploy AWS’ voice, video, and AI services natively with Salesforce business applications.
What is the Salesforce and AWS strategic partnership all about?
The latest partnership expansion with AWS is Salesforce’s largest strategic partnership announcement – ever. It spans product, go-to-market, and shared global developer communities.
The partnership is designed to be a customer’s fastest path from idea to impact, with innovations in AI, voice, and video, built by Salesforce and AWS.
Salesforce and AWS’ combined offerings will enable customers to use the full set of Salesforce and AWS capabilities together to quickly build and deploy powerful new business applications that accelerate digital transformation. With this partnership, Salesforce is empowering customers to develop applications however they want, from wherever they want globally, at any scale.
What is the history of the partnership?
Since 2016, small and medium-sized businesses, startups, and enterprises in every industry, as well as government organizations around the world have been leveraging Salesforce and AWS to deliver business-critical services to their end users. Together, the two companies have launched numerous products that combine services from both providers across phone, digital channels, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data, including Service Cloud Voice, Private Connect, Government Cloud Plus, and Intelligent Document Automation.
As the #1 CRM platform and the most broadly adopted cloud offering, Salesforce, and AWS offer cloud services with strategic integrations based on a foundation of security and simplicity.
What was announced on June 23?
Salesforce and AWS announced a new global, multi-year expansion of its strategic partnership to help customers quickly build and deploy powerful new business applications that accelerate digital transformation.
This involves new and enhanced integrations between AWS and Salesforce products to offer seamless interoperability across both cloud providers, enabling customers to securely connect data sources and allowing developers to build custom applications by leveraging pre-built voice, video, and AI/ML applications.
“This is a milestone partnership for the technology industry, and one that will enable our customers to experience an even more powerful Salesforce Customer 360 and achieve a new level of success in their business”Marc Benioff, Chair and CEO, Salesforce
“This is a milestone partnership for the technology industry, and one that will enable our customers to experience an even more powerful Salesforce Customer 360 and achieve a new level of success in their business,” said Marc Benioff, Chair and CEO, Salesforce. “With a more strongly unified Salesforce and AWS platform, our customers around the world can create a single source of truth across sales, service, marketing, and commerce, and achieve success from anywhere.”
Are you announcing any products or services from the Salesforce and AWS partnership?
Salesforce is announcing new, integrated development environments and low-code tools to help customers innovate, build applications with ease, and seamlessly connect data between Salesforce and AWS services across compute, storage, analytics, AI, and more. The integrations will also give customers a simplified set-up experience in Salesforce Setup to enable integrations from the Amazon Management Console, simplifying the permissions management process. For developers, we are working to create new low-code, pro-code, and click-to-launch tools that will make it faster to build and deploy custom applications.
What can customers expect to see as a part of the expanded partnership with AWS?
The Salesforce and AWS partnership expansion focuses on integrating our offerings to unify developer experiences and create a suite of new intelligent applications focused on voice, video, and industries that we will bring to market. The two main categories include:
Unified the Developer Experience:
- Create custom business applications faster and easier: New low-code and code-based development tools accelerate the creation of custom applications, built on top of Salesforce and AWS services. Salesforce’s point-and-click development tools operate directly on data from AWS services like Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) or Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), as if the data were native in Salesforce.
- Unleash the power of customer data with real-time events: By natively connecting AWS’s services with the Salesforce Platform, real-time data can securely move between the two providers, allowing customers to more easily automate workflow and maintain a single view of the customer.
- Simplify security, identity and access management: A new guided setup experience will make it easier for customers to bring Salesforce products and AWS services together. Sign into AWS from Salesforce Setup or into Salesforce from the Amazon Management Console to simplify service authorization, user identity, security, permissions, and data management and governance between Salesforce and AWS.
New Intelligent Applications:
- Sell, service, and engage smarter from anywhere: Customers can innovate quickly with pre-built out-of-the-box applications and add-ons that leverage AWS services for voice, video, and productivity with AI/ML functionality. For example, customers can activate virtual call centers and empower high-velocity sales teams with Amazon Connect and AWS AI/ML services, pre-integrated into both Sales Cloud and Service Cloud.
- Launch industry-specific customer solutions: Customers can deliver new digital experiences and services to remain ahead of industry disruption by leveraging AWS technologies like Amazon Chime (embedded real-time communication capabilities), Amazon Textract (intelligent data extraction from scanned documents), Amazon Comprehend (natural language processing to uncover information in text), and others directly within Salesforce Industry Clouds.
When will these news offerings be generally available?
Salesforce anticipates a developer preview in late 2021 and general availability planned for 2022, subject to forward looking statements.. For the latest information on our partnership please visit salesforce.com/aws.
How does the expanded Salesforce and AWS partnership impact current customers?
The Salesforce and AWS partnership expansion will drive the development of easy integrations between Salesforce and AWS services. If a customer wants to integrate their existing AWS services into Salesforce, there are plans to develop a streamlined ability to do so. This gives customers more options to utilize Salesforce and AWS together.
Can I learn about the Salesforce and AWS partnership on Trailhead?
Salesforce and AWS have brought information about our partnership and AWS Training and Certification content onto Trailhead. Over 250,000 badges have been earned across 20+ modules so far. Salesforce is constantly working to bring new content onto Trailhead supporting the partnership. Search for AWS on Trailhead.com to get started.