78% of marketers say data drives their customer engagement, highlighting the importance of using customer data for relevant customer experiences
HBO Max, Momentive and Boston Scientific rely on Marketing Cloud for fast insights
Today, Salesforce introduced new AI-powered innovations for Marketing Cloud that help companies humanize every interaction; make trusted, first-party data the foundation of their digital strategy; and optimize marketing impact with unified analytics.The innovations announced today include Einstein Engagement Scoring in Salesforce CDP, Einstein Designer, Interaction Studio Templates, and Datorama Connectors.
In this digital-first world, companies need to deliver moments that are connected, relevant, and human in order to develop trusted relationships that build loyalty and grow revenue. In fact, 84% of marketers say that customer expectations are changing as digital experiences become more sophisticated. To deliver on these expectations, companies must harness the power of data and leverage AI— while also respecting privacy and using data with consent.
“Brands that have accelerated success during the pandemic are data-focused, embrace AI, prioritize privacy, and find agile ways to collaborate across their entire organization,” said Michael Kostow, EVP & GM, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce. “By combining Marketing Cloud’s new AI innovations with Slack, companies can quickly deliver highly personalized and relevant messages, build trusted customer relationships and drive growth.”
Today’s news builds on the recently announced innovations that combine the power of Slack and Salesforce to help marketers build digital HQs that transform collaboration and deliver insights fast, improve their strategies through streamlined workflows, and enable quicker decisions.
Know your customer to engage with relevancy
According to the State of Marketing Report, 60% of customers are open to the use of AI to improve their experiences. Marketers’ top AI use cases include driving recommendations, personalizing the overall customer journey, and automating customer interactions.
Einstein Engagement Scoring in Salesforce CDP helps marketers use AI in combination with cross-cloud data to target their most active subscribers within Salesforce CDP, an enterprise customer data platform that supercharges customer interactions everywhere. This capability improves engagement, conversion rates, and customer satisfaction across every touchpoint. For example, marketers can use Einstein Engagement Scores in Salesforce CDP to omit users unlikely to engage with emails or mobile, and instead utilize other channels like advertising or social media to engage with them.
Humanize every moment with real-time personalization
Eighty percent of marketers say that engaging customers in real time is their number one challenge. Marketing Cloud innovations announced today help meet this need through:
- Interaction Studio Templates deliver personalized interactions with templates that now extend and simplify personalization to customers via ATMs, point-of-sale systems, and call centers.
- Interaction Studio Integration with Experience Cloud provides personalized web, mobile, and portal experiences based on real-time engagement.
- Interaction Studio Integration with CRM gives sales and service teams real-time visibility into customer behavior, segmentation, and next-best actions.
- Einstein Designer creates relevant content with the help of AI in seconds using variations of available images, copy, and headlines.
Optimize marketing impact with smarter insights
According to the Marketing Intelligence Report, the top three improvements marketers are seeking to make over the next year include optimizing marketing spend, developing a strategic view of overall marketing performance, and gaining a stronger ability to understand and engage customers. AI innovations in Marketing Cloud that meet these needs include:
Datorama Connectors and Apps for Salesforce CDP and Interaction Studio enable marketers to understand the business impact of their first-party, data-driven marketing and advertising. With out-of-the-box analytics apps and deeper Einstein Marketing Insights, companies can optimize return on investment (ROI) and customer lifetime value (LTV).
Salesforce customers leverage trusted data with Marketing Cloud
As marketing strategies and priorities shifted during the pandemic, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and CDP helped companies optimize their data:
HBO Max: “In just a short amount of time, we’ve added 14 million new subscribers in the US and are now in 40 countries worldwide with more to come. We’ve been able to make this tremendous progress with a performance-driven marketing approach, and a key area of our focus is measurement,” said Charles Navarro, VP Marketing Technology at HBO Max. “We need insights quickly in order to make data actionable, and Datorama helps us to do this by connecting different reporting feeds. With the ability to analyze the data at a granular level, we can test new tactics and campaign ideas to learn what works best for our different audiences.”
Momentive: “You can’t truly have a focus on the customer journey without a single source of truth for your data, and that is what Salesforce Marketing Cloud gives to us,” said Denis Scott, VP of Growth Marketing at Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey). “Having all our data in one place means we can create smarter automations and rules to help us tailor our messages to what the customer wants and needs, ensuring they hear only the best, most relevant information.”
Boston Scientific: “Our customers include healthcare professionals and administrators and ultimately the caregivers and patients they serve. In the past, customer information was siloed across different systems, making it harder for us to provide a hyper-personalized experience,” said Danielle Comito, Global CDP Leader, Boston Scientific. “Salesforce Marketing Cloud now unifies data from across our organization, so we have a single view of each customer and can build deeper, more holistic relationships. We can engage customers with relevant information depending on their journey, whether it’s helping a doctor provide their patient with heart monitor options tailored to their needs, or a healthcare administrator exploring the latest care techniques and interventions.”
- Join us on Salesforce+ for a deep dive on the new Marketing Cloud innovations at the Dreamforce ‘21 Marketing Cloud keynote, September 21 at 1:00 p.m. PT.
- To learn more about how Marketing Cloud helps go digital faster, go here.
- To learn more about Salesforce CDP, go here.
- Exclusive 1-on-1 with Marketing Cloud GM on Slack-First Marketing here
- Einstein Engagement Scoring in Salesforce CDP is generally available today.
- Interaction Studio Templates are generally available today.
- Interaction Studio Integration with Experience Cloud is generally available today.
- Interaction Studio Integration with CRM will be generally available to customers early next year.
- Einstein Designer will be generally available to customers early next year.
- Datorama Connector and App for Salesforce CDP is generally available today.
- Datorama Connector and App for Interaction Studio is generally available today.