Salesforce and New Brand Partner and Advisor Matthew McConaughey Debut #TeamEarth Campaign, a Rallying Cry to Build a Better Future Together
Salesforce alongside new brand partner and advisor Matthew McConaughey today unveiled #TeamEarth, a new global campaign that aims to inspire businesses and individuals to help build a more fair, equal and sustainable future.
Since its founding, Salesforce has been laying the groundwork to advance business as a platform for change. Now, propelled by the climate crisis, the trust crisis, and the crisis of inequality, the goal for #TeamEarth is to serve as a call to action for every business and individual to join a community united by shared values and a desire to help make a difference.
“#TeamEarth is a rallying cry we hope will inspire people and companies to use their platforms for change,” said Sarah Franklin, President and Chief Marketing Officer, Salesforce. “Guided by our core values of trust, customer success, innovation, and equality, we are shining a light on how businesses and people can come together to build a better future. We’re delighted to partner with the acclaimed actor and writer Matthew McConaughey to co-create and share this campaign, and we invite the global community to join in.”
#TeamEarth campaign debuts with ways for anyone to engage in “The New Frontier”
The campaign features a website with opportunities to participate in the #TeamEarth community, including creating a climate action plan, learning about unconscious bias, and building ethical, accessible and inclusive products.
A TV spot will be airing on February 4 during the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympic Games titled “The New Frontier.” The TV spot seeks to underscore how the new frontier isn’t out there in space, it’s right here on planet Earth.
In addition to serving as Salesforce’s newest brand partner and advisor and co-creating the campaign McConaughey will be featured in the spot. This partnership is based on a shared passion for taking positive action within our communities and the belief that businesses have a responsibility to drive change — not just profit.
Salesforce model focuses on values, success for all stakeholders
#TeamEarth is built on the belief that success should be for all stakeholders – every person and the Earth itself. Salesforce believes in this commitment and has introduced key initiatives that reflect its core values and have helped champion a new model for stakeholders, including:
- The 1-1-1 model, which dedicates 1% of the company’s equity, 1% of its product, and 1% of employees’ time back to the community
- $495 million in grants to charitable organizations, including $100 million to Bay Area schools
- $200 million commitment to advance racial equality and justice
- 6.5 million volunteer hours globally
- Free or discounted technology to more than 54,000 nonprofits, education institutions, and philanthropic organizations
- Spending nearly $16M to ensure equal pay since 2015
- Co-founding 1t.org, the global movement to conserve, restore and grow 1 trillion trees by 2030
- $100 million commitment to accelerate ecosystem restoration and climate justice
- Taking steps to become a Net Zero company across its full value chain
- Advocating for public policies to increase public programs to assist homeless populations as well as affordable housing; and support initiatives to assist our unhoused and underhoused community members such as wraparound services and youth diversion programs.
#TeamEarth aims to inspire everyone to take action. Here’s how:
- Add to the conversation using #TeamEarth on social media.
- Join the #TeamEarth community and find opportunities to take action here.
- Seek diversity and teach inclusivity. Take our cultivate equality at work module on Trailhead, Salesforce’s online learning platform, to get started.
- Pledge to share your success. Join the 12,000+ companies that have adopted the 1-1-1 philanthropic model. Pledge today.
- Draft an actionable climate plan. Leading to Net Zero: 6 Key Priorities for Your Business’s Sustainability Strategy.
- Build with intention. Learn how to build ethical and inclusive products.
- Put down some roots and help to plant trees.
- Support the ecopreneur movement. Watch The Ecopreneurs series.
Watch the #TeamEarth television spot co-created by and featuring brand partner and advisor Matthew McConaughey: