Quick take: Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits announced today gives nonprofits of all sizes the tools needed to quickly and easily build constituent-first communications
Nonprofits have faced a tumultuous 18 months — some have been overwhelmed with new supporters, while others whose fundraising depends on in-person engagement have struggled. Small and mid-sized nonprofits, in particular, found that they need to modernize how they engage with their constituents across multiple touchpoints.
In fact, the Global Online Fundraising Report found that there are many missed opportunities with supporter outreach. For example,
- 70% of nonprofit organizations do not offer a new email subscriber anything to do after, such as learn more, share on social media, or donate.
- 27% of organizations did not send at least 1 email in 90 days to a new email subscriber, missing an opportunity to keep them engaged or take action.
Only 42% of subscriber emails are even personalized with the supporter’s name, and only 14% actually come from a person, versus the organization.
Introducing Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits
Today, Salesforce.org is announcing Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits that is designed to help nonprofits quickly and efficiently create more personalized experiences, no matter where they are in their digital transformation journey.
“While Goodwill is known for its many thrift retail stores and donation centers, our core mission is to provide job training and placements that help people build skills and gain economic stability,” said Onney Crawley, Chief Marketing Officer of Goodwill Industries International. “To do this well, we must be able to share relevant communications with partners, funders and supporters that keep them up to date on important developments within our organization. Building these connections has never been more important which is why I’m excited about how Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits can help organizations create more personalized and relevant communications at scale.”
Here’s how it works:
- Nonprofits can now quickly create and deliver email campaigns fast with out-of-the-box templates for subscribers, volunteers, donors, sustainers, and more.
- Marketing Cloud for Nonprofit has native integration with Salesforce.org Nonprofit Success Pack, which is used by thousands of nonprofits around the world to accelerate their missions. And with new data-driven and personalized outreach, organizations can segment constituents and quickly create personalized content for emails.
- Nonprofits can get access to the full suite of Salesforce’s Marketing Cloud and integration with Google Analytics to better improve campaign performance and ROI. Nonprofit marketers can gain access to insights to help drive engagement and campaign performance, as well as track donor conversion and giving performance.
- Marketers and fundraisers in the U.S. can boost supporter conversion and giving with Salesforce’s online fundraising platform, Elevate. EMEA and APAC-based customers can leverage the AppExchange.
- Appexchange launch partners Arjuna, Classy, Donordrive, Donorsearch, FinDock, Neon Fundraising, and Omatic have committed their support of Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits to help accelerate fundraising, events and constituent engagement.
- Organizations can now get affordable Marketing Cloud implementation assistance from select members of Salesforce’s consulting partner community. AFDigital, Arkus, Attain Partners, Buzzbold, Candoris, DemandBlue, Devoteam, Giveclarity, Growing Minds, KELL Partners, NobleCX, Offprem Technology, and Plative all offer implementation packages aligned with Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits.
- With out-of-the-box access to Trailhead, Salesforce’s online learning platform, nonprofits have an easy way to learn with embedded content and a setup wizard to help deploy the templates they choose and the campaigns to enable.
“Nonprofits of all sizes aspire to engage with their donors, volunteers, and other constituents at the right digital moments that matter,” said David Ragones, SVP & GM Nonprofit Cloud at Salesforce. “With Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits, organizations who are both new to Salesforce or long-time users now have an easy on-ramp to a superior constituent experience with more personalized methods of engagement.”
“We are impatiently waiting for the launch of Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits at Supermums! As a workforce development programme with a virtual 4-month course dedicated to Marketing Cloud, this product will open up a whole range of new possibilities for our alumni just entering the Marketing Cloud space, said Vicki Moritz-Henry, Head of Training, Supermums. “Previously price had been a barrier for many nonprofits and we are excited to be able to help nonprofits use Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits to bring their engagements across all departments to the next level.”
Driving continuous engagement with supporters
Growing a nonprofit requires continuous engagement with both current and prospective supporters. Nonprofits of all sizes need the right technology to help them build new relationships and deepen existing relationships to continue their missions.
For more information about Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits, click here.