Salesforce has been ranked as a Leader in “The Forrester Wave™: Digital Experience Platforms, Q3 2021” Report. For this report, Forrester evaluated Experience Cloud — Salesforce’s digital experience platform (DXP) that helps companies in every industry create, manage, and scale connected web sites, portals, and mobile apps.
“We believe this latest positioning as a Leader reflects our dedication to helping companies digitally transform,” said Adi Kuruganti, SVP and GM, Salesforce Experience Cloud. “We know how critical digital experience platforms are for customers across industries to build a fully connected customer experience, and we will continue to deliver on this vision in the years to come.”
A platform approach to digital experiences
Connected digital experiences have never been as important as they are today. In fact, 68% of Salesforce customers said the COVID-19 pandemic has elevated their expectations of a company’s digital capabilities.
Experience Cloud helps Salesforce customers quickly build and launch digital experiences for customers and partners by connecting external stakeholders with the data, processes, and intelligence that the business runs on.
Companies like Mascoma Bank, a mutual savings bank based in the northeast US, were able to use Experience Cloud to rapidly launch and process more than a thousand small business recovery loans during the initial wave of the pandemic. Customers in all industries have seen success for many different use cases.
Forrester’s DXP evaluation
As a leader in Forrester’s analysis, Salesforce received the highest possible scores (5 out of 5) in 19 different criteria, including vision, market approach, practitioner tools and support, and omnichannel experience management.
Statements in the report include:
- “Compared with other vendors we evaluated, Salesforce shows strength in search, digital commerce, and platform certifications. It also has strength in testing and optimization, content creation, customer profile and segmentation, and platform operations…”
- “Salesforce focuses on providing a portfolio of fully integrated solutions plus low-code tooling to enable citizen developers to build experiences for customers, partners, and employees.”
Forrester’s report evaluates 26 distinct criteria for each of the industry’s proven digital experience platform (DXP) providers.
The organization defines a digital experience platform as one that can provide, “the architectural foundation and modular services for developers and practitioners to create, orchestrate, and optimize digital journeys at scale — to drive loyalty and new commerce outcomes across owned and third-party channels.”
The definition also considers the technology as the sum of three distinct capability sets:
- Experience Management: Unified tooling for practitioners that delivers a consistent experience to customers.
- Platform Services: Includes content, customer data, and transactions to keep all interactions in the customer’s context.
- Infrastructure services: Provides the scalable, secure, extensible foundation to support platform services and customer experiences.
For more insights on Salesforce Experience Cloud, download Forrester’s full report.