Gartner recognizes Salesforce for its execution and vision
Salesforce Platform enables companies to innovate, automate processes, and empower everyone to participate in the app-building process through low-code and pro-code tools, and enterprise services
The newest offerings on the Salesforce Platform — including integrations with Slack, an expansion of Salesforce and AWS’s global strategic partnership, Einstein Data Detect, Customer Identity Plus, and CLI Unification — better support customers in delivering multiexperience apps with greater security, speed, and scale
Gartner has named Salesforce a Leader in its 2021 Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms for the third consecutive year. Gartner says, “As an emerging technology, the core functions of MXDPs are rapidly changing. MXDPs are rising along the Innovation Trigger of several Gartner Hype Cycles (including Hype Cycle for Software Engineering, 2021) and have only reached between 5% and 20% of the target market. As vendors expand their capabilities and market reach, client inquiries about MXDPs are also on the rise (increasing by 124% between 2019 and 2020).” Gartner further predicts, “By 2026, three in four enterprises will use a multiexperience development platform to build digital products (up from 20% in 2021).”
“For organizations to succeed and get back to growth, it’s imperative they have innovative development tools that allow everyone to participate in solving business problems,” said Patrick Stokes, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Salesforce Platform. “With Salesforce Customer 360 powered by the Salesforce Platform, customers can expand their digital capabilities, empower anyone to create and deliver business apps fast; collaborate and build on a single platform; and scale and ship secure apps with confidence.”
Key Salesforce Platform products include:
- Heroku, which enables enterprises to store and leverage customer data in Salesforce for full-cycle CRM engagement.
- Salesforce Mobile SDK, which lets users harness the power of the Salesforce Platform within standalone mobile apps.
- Salesforce Mobile Publisher, which empowers creators to build, brand, and publish engaging mobile apps with clicks and no code.
- Einstein Bot Builder, which makes AI-augmented customer engagement accessible for nearly any business. Customers can quickly create bots, train them with existing customer service data, and enable inline bot feedback.
- Salesforce Hyperforce, a new multi-cloud platform infrastructure that powers Customer 360 and other Salesforce products. Hyperforce uses cloud-native architecture to support public cloud providers, allowing customers to deliver multiexperience apps with greater security, speed, and scale.
Helping IT teams address demands through powerful low-code tools
An urgent need for businesses and organizations to go digital faster is overwhelming resource-constrained IT departments, with 88% of IT leaders saying their workloads have increased in the last 12 months, and 96% saying the current demand for apps isn’t sustainable.
To meet this increased need, 83% of IT leaders are planning to increase their use of low-code tools. In fact, Salesforce customers have already used low-code tools to build nearly 1.4 million new apps over the last 12 months alone — saving thousands of hours in the process.
Salesforce is continually adding new tools to empower anyone — including business users, admins, designers, and developers — with the ability to build apps and processes using both low code and traditional coding methods on a single platform with the highest levels of IT governance, scale, and trust.
The newest offerings from the Salesforce Platform include:
- The completed acquisition of Slack, which brings together two of the software industry’s most dynamic communities, creating an open and extensive ecosystem that will deliver the next generation of digital-first apps and workflows for business.
- Expansion of Salesforce and AWS’ global strategic partnership, making it easy for customers to use the full set of Salesforce and AWS capabilities together to quickly build and deploy powerful new business applications that accelerate digital transformation.
- Einstein Data Detect, which helps organizations adhere to data privacy laws by using AI and machine learning to discover and protect sensitive user data, like Social Security or credit card numbers.
- Customer Identity Plus, which enables developers to integrate consumer-grade identity capabilities for organizations with high numbers of monthly active users to consolidate and manage customer identities.
- CLI Unification, which gives creators a command line interface (CLI) for building anything on Salesforce. With CLI Unification, creators can use cross-cloud commands to manage not just platform resources but also Heroku, Mulesoft, Tableau, and more.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, 30 July, 2021, Arun Batchu, Jim Scheibmeir, Van Baker, and Adrian Leow. This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Salesforce.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.