Editor’s Note: AI Cloud, Einstein GPT, and other cloud GPT products are now Einstein. For the latest on Salesforce Einstein, go here.
- Salesforce Web3 enables brands to create connected customer experiences across Web2 and Web3, and scale efficiently with a unified platform
- NFT Management helps companies create and manage NFT collections to deepen customer relationships and engage new audiences
- Pilot program supported more than 275,000 transactions for Crown Royal, Mattel, and Scotch & Soda, focused on creating and securely deploying NFT collections
Salesforce Web3 helps companies create, manage, and deploy non-fungible tokens (NFTs) in a trusted, scalable, and sustainable way. With the limited release of Salesforce Web3, companies can connect with their customers in a whole new way by connecting their Customer 360 with Web3 data for a holistic view of how customers interact with their brand across traditional and emerging digital environments.
Significance: Web3, considered the next generation of the internet, includes emerging technologies like blockchain and NFTs, which offer brands creative opportunities to engage new audiences and tap into first-party data to deepen customer relationships and drive loyalty.
- Survey data finds nearly half (45%) of consumers* would be more interested in purchasing an NFT if it came from their favorite brand.
- Three out of four consumers who have purchased an NFT in the past say purchasing a brand’s NFT makes them more loyal to that brand.
- Web3 Connect, a new API integration, allows brands to create personalized, omnichannel experiences across Web2 and Web3, providing a 360-degree view of how customers interact with their NFT collections.
- NFT Management, formerly known as NFT Cloud, gives companies the ability to create and manage NFT collections directly through Salesforce, view real-time customer insights, monitor blockchain activity, and automate processes with Salesforce Flow.
- Salesforce engaged its Office of the Ethical and Humane Use of Technology, Web3 Advisory board, Ethical Use Advisory Council, employees, experts from academia and nongovernmental organizations, as well as its Sustainability and Equality teams, to develop the Web3 product with a responsible and values-driven approach.
- Global consulting partners like Accenture and Deloitte Digital, and digital agencies and strategy consultants like AE Studio, Media.Monks, TIME, and Vayner3, are helping businesses implement Web3 and experiment with blockchain, digital wallets, and NFT minting.
“Salesforce helped us reimagine and digitally scale Crown Royal’s Purple Bag Project by giving us a trusted partner to support our front-end commerce site and back-end data connector to support the #ThatDeservesACrown campaign. For every digital collectible claimed, we sent a care package to active duty U.S. military members around the world,” said Devin Nagy, Director, Technology and Emerging Platforms, Diageo North America.
“Salesforce Web3 enhances our NFT collections to help us connect with customers and bring our Web2 and Web3 systems together. Web3 Connect is powering invaluable insights into our audience and seamlessly bridging Web3 channels with the rest of our customer experience. We know we have a trusted partner with Salesforce, and are now able to provide an exciting user experience and gateway to Mattel’s iconic IP in a new way,” Sven Gerjets, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Mattel.
“We wanted to work with a trusted partner, and choosing Salesforce Web3 was an easy decision. What could have taken months — creating and securely deploying our Club Soda 3.0 NFT pilot program — took less than two weeks. The seamless data integration into our CRM gave us real-time insight into the 30% net new customers we were able to reach and powered our personalized campaigns via Marketing Cloud,” said Claire Boots, Global CRM Manager, Scotch & Soda.
Fast facts: 67% of consumers surveyed* said values are important to them when considering purchasing an NFT from a brand. And 65% say a brand’s environmental and sustainability practices are important when considering purchasing an NFT.
- For more information about Salesforce’s Web3 offerings, go here.
- Read about the vision for Salesforce Web3 here.
- Learn how Salesforce centers ethical innovation in Web3 here.
*Salesforce Consumer NFT Survey, June 2022