Get more proven sales advice in our bi-weekly newsletter.
Sales Interview Questions to Gauge Emotional Intelligence
1. What’s your superpower?
2. How do you avoid “just checking in” syndrome?
3. What do you think a sales rep at our organization needs to be good at in order to be successful?
4. What type of things would we coach you on?
5. What are examples of things that are okay and not okay to mess up on?
6. What would you say in the first 20 seconds of a cold call to keep the prospect from hanging up on you?
7. How do you establish trust?
8. Can you pitch the product you currently sell using a “belief statement”?
9. As a top performer, what are you doing that others aren’t?
10. If you worked for your top competitor, how would you beat yourself?
“[A sales rep's] goal is to intrigue the prospect by being engaging, exposing pain, and positioning the realm of the possible. Their goal is to get off the phone with you.”