Marketing Cloud, Trailhead...
What Are Customer Expectations, and How Have They Changed?
Customer expectations hit all-time highs.
Understanding new customer expectations
1. Customers expect connected journeys: Break down your business silos.
- 76% of customers expect consistent interactions across departments, yet 54% say it generally feels like sales, service, and marketing teams don’t share information
- 74% of customers have used multiple channels to start and complete a transaction
2. Customers expect personalization: Customize everything.
- 52% of customers expect offers to always be personalized — up from 49% in 2019
- 66% of customers expect companies to understand their unique needs and expectations, yet 66% say they’re generally treated like numbers
3. Customers expect innovation: Keep pushing the limits.
- 88% of customers expect companies to accelerate digital initiatives due to COVID-19
- 69% of customers believe companies should offer new ways to get existing products and services in the wake of the pandemic, and 54% believe they should offer entirely new products and services
4. Customers expect data protection: Make trust your priority.
- Only 48% of customers say they generally trust companies
- Only 27% of consumers completely understand how companies use their personal information, and 86% want more transparency
- 61% of consumers feel like they’ve lost control over how their personal information is used — up from 46% in 2019
Read more about customer trust.