Creating the Connected Utility
Engage customers in real time while saving costs with an energy CRM platform
Putting the Customer at the Core
Eighty-eight percent of customers say the experience a company provides is as important as its product or services. Putting customer experience at the core of the business positions a utility to be more connected in ways that add to lifetime customer value. Why? Because customers expect and demand it.
Today’s customers are looking to do more than just transact over a bill or an outage. They want to be seen and known by their service providers in ways that only a 360-degree customer view makes possible. Similar to other industry experiences, they want to feel like their utility cares for them, knows who they are, and is working alongside them in real time to address their specific energy needs.
Fulfilling these expectations requires an expansive energy CRM platform designed with industry specific needs in mind. Utilities that employ such a platform will gain the ability to design and deliver the following:
- A completely connected and seamless experience, enabled by energy CRM software for utilities that uses a combination of data, analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI) to give both internal and field service teams a 360-degree view of every touchpoint in the journey.
- Personalized service with frictionless, 24/7 service powered by automation and characterized by:
- Insight for both service agents and bots that create a personal connection with each customer.
- Tailored customer journeys and communications.
- Proactive offers of relevant products and services.
- Transformed engagement with customer portals that enable easy, seamless self-service capabilities and the ability to view all personal information in one place, wherever and whenever they may need it.
- Partner portals to unite diverse new stakeholders around utility customers. New energy programs require utilities to be one-stop marketplaces, technical advisors, fulfillment houses and intake centers. Utilities work with myriad new external partners to deliver these capabilities. Partner platforms help coordinate external trade allies, community partners, and suppliers to provide a seamless experience for utility customers.