Your business can’t thrive without closing leads. So why would your customer thrive without buying your product? Improving your sales requires that you make your product irresistible. Customers shouldn’t be able to imagine their life without the product or service you sell.
According to author and Simpleology CEO Mark Joyner, an irresistible offer is composed of three elements: high return on investment (ROI), a touchstone, and believability. A high ROI is important because customers need to feel like what they’re getting in exchange for their money is more than it’s worth. This doesn’t just mean lowering the price; it means ensuring that your product offers an immense amount of real-world value (and, usually, more than what it’s worth).
Next, a touchstone is a message that clearly and succinctly communicates what you’re selling, the cost, how the customer can benefit, and why they should trust you. Lastly, believability is the idea that your customer is convinced of the projected ROI and value you claim to offer.
Believability can be fostered through 5-star reviews and other instances of product satisfaction. To create an irresistible product, consider the following questions:
- How can you improve your product ROI for customers?
- Can you add something to your offering to create more value?
- How can you reframe your marketing messaging to create a punchy, effective touchstone?
- Do you have a new product or service that needs a new touchstone?
- What can you do to prove your product’s effectiveness?
- Do you have reviews or customer stories that can lend credibility to your offering?
Learning how to make your product irresistible is essential for improving sales both now and in the future.