How to cost-effectively acquire fiber subscribers and grow efficiently.
Leverage insights to decide where to build.
Learn how to upgrade your platform for fiber.
Make informed decisions to drive better results.
“Salesforce has allowed us to streamline and scale our lead-to-cash processes, enabling multiple digital channels while providing real-time insights into business performance.”
Eurofiber transforms so it can scale quickly and efficiently.
Manage complex fiber broadband projects.
When many stakeholders are involved, coordinating fiber projects becomes more complicated — and potentially costly. Streamlining the process saves time and money and gets service to subscribers faster. To do this, carriers need the right technological tools.
For projects big and small, a flexible platform like Salesforce for Communications lets you integrate modules that evaluate candidate sites, forecast milestones, maintain sites with real-time data, and enable project teams to work seamlessly together. When you stay on top of your progress in the field, you can sync with marketing and sales efforts, keeping everyone in the loop and setting expectations with confidence.
Consider a complex opportunity like a multiunit building. Communications service providers first need to win over building management and then individual tenants — whether commercial or residential — who are the end subscribers. It helps to simplify the process wherever possible.
In a complicated situation, strive to streamline and simplify.
Scale the quote-to-order process and improve accuracy.
The quote and contract process can be a bottleneck. Delays in responding to requests, flawed contracts, and order errors all impede service and frustrate customers. Plus, reworking orders is expensive. The costs can soar if you need repeat visits from field personnel to address problems.
These challenges usually result from inconsistencies among the product catalogs used for each business process. Details about products, services, and pricing may be different in the catalogs used for your website, your mobile app, your contact center, your field service agents, and so on.
You can solve this problem by connecting every quote-to-order process to a single, unified catalog. This will help you consistently apply pricing rules, efficiently orchestrate order fulfillment, and bring complete transparency to in-flight orders.
You can also automate common processes to eliminate inconsistencies and errors. This mitigates order fallout and revenue leakage, reducing the cost of sales. Automating processes and pricing are key to helping you scale your business.
Reap the value of a unified catalog-driven approach.
With Salesforce for Communications, service providers can:
- Reduce order capture time. This improves sales efficiency.
- Improve order accuracy. Pricing rules are enforced through a guided sales process.
- Be consistent. Reliability will build customer trust.
- Launch products faster. Rapidly configure new products and promotions.
- Accelerate cash flows. That happens when you streamline sales processes.
Serve fiber broadband subscribers efficiently.
Service is the key to growing your business. Ninety-one percent of customers say a positive customer service experience makes them more likely to make another purchase. Yet for most subscribers, the experience often falls short. When they need live support, 56% of subscribers say they often have to repeat information.
Disconnected legacy system challenges are typically blamed for this weak customer experience. Just 49% of agents say they can find all the information they need to do their job on one screen. A 360-degree view eliminates customers having to repeat their information — agents can see the issues and know their history, whether they are in the office or in the field. With the help of artificial intelligence and machine learning, service professionals know the next best action to take, which lets them increase average revenue per user (ARPU), reduce churn, and increase customer satisfaction.
Human support is essential. Yet both retail and business customers want self-service options as well. In fact, nearly half of consumers say they use their service provider’s website to both research and purchase subscriptions. You can make that happen more reliably with portals that are easy to navigate. The content must be personalized, available on multiple channels, and feature guided sales, checkout, and onboarding steps that are simple to follow. Offering multiple ways to help customers results in more reliable service as repairs and updates happen faster.
Get the basics right on customer service in the field.
Of course, there will still be times when service providers must send field service workers to help with installations and fix problems. With Salesforce for Communications, service providers can:
- Prioritize essential projects. Intelligently assign jobs from anywhere.
- Match workers and assignments. Consistently allocate the projects based on skills, location, inventory stock, and business rules.
- Give dispatchers full visibility. Let them see the mobile workforce and every job on a single screen.
- Enable customers to share photos of malfunctioning equipment. Workers will bring the right tools and replacements, eliminating confusion and additional trips back to the office.
- Offer tools like Visual Remote Assistant. It helps customers fix equipment or software themselves without needing a field service worker. It also helps techs in the field.
Build customer loyalty with personalized experiences.
Churn is a serious problem for communications service providers. Sixty-six percent of millennials and Gen Zers say they are somewhat or very likely to change providers. Telecom satisfaction scores are among the lowest of any industry. And even if customer service is decent, 41% of subscribers will readily jump ship for faster speeds.
Loyalty programs can be your secret weapon, both in attracting and keeping subscribers. More than half of Gen Zers and millennials say a loyalty program is influential in their selection of a communications service provider. Loyalty programs can also create cross-sell and upsell opportunities. But creating a successful loyalty program requires careful thought about who you are serving and what each market segment will find attractive. For example, older generations prize traditional incentives, like discounts, removing hidden fees, or delivering better service. High-tier members may value the ability to bypass chatbots and connect directly with an agent.
Implement key ingredients for successful loyalty programs.
With Salesforce for Communications, service providers can:
- Make it easy. Eliminate complex, multistep processes for signing up and for redeeming awards.
- Use data to personalize rewards and offers. Generic loyalty programs won’t serve your purpose.
- Lean on analytics and artificial intelligence. They help you serve the right offers to customers in the moment and optimize the program going forward.
- Create subscriber journeys. These help them achieve goals and track their progress.
- Collect first-party data. Reward subscribers for sharing more information about themselves and their preferences.
- Evolve your loyalty program. Match the changing preferences of subscribers.