Five Steps for a Successful Rollout:
Once you've set-up & customized the Salesforce1 Mobile App for your company, now it's time to roll it out to your users! Here are five quick steps for a successful rollout.
1. Organize your Rollout Team:
The size and scope of your rollout will determine how many resources you need. Your rollout teams should include the following participants:
- An executive sponsor: Your Salesforce1 executive champion should participate and support the initiative from the beginning through the go-live date and beyond.
- Power users: Identify a few power users to help make sure Salesforce1 Mobile App will meet the needs of the end users, including management. We also recommend that you use power users to help support users and answer questions. Consider training these users first.
- Trainers: Depending on the size of your rollout, this might be you as the Salesforce Administrator, or a training team. Trainers will identify relevant Salesforce1 Mobile App materials from salesforce.com or develop custom training materials based on your Salesforce1 Mobile App customizations.
2. Identify Your Use Cases
When introducing the Salesforce1 Mobile App to your users, it is helpful to identify use cases or features that solve a problem they have or gives them time back in their day to get them started in the app. For example - maybe your Sales Management needs to approve deals on the go, or your Customer Service Reps need to check order status when with a customer.
3. Start with a Pilot Group
Now that you've identified your use cases - target a small group of users who will benefit most from it. Train those users on those key features to get them into the Salesforce1 Mobile App. Gather feedback from these users & build upon their ideas. Those users will become your advocates and power-users.
4. Train Your Users
Once the Salesforce1 Mobile App is ready for your users make sure they understand where to go for help. Let them know where to ask questions or give feedback - whether that is in a Chatter group or directly to you. Schedule regular training sessions for the first week or two - that's when you'll get the most questions! We also recommend:
- On-Demand Videos: Quick videos showing a tour of the app, your customizations or your top use cases can help users find their way around at their convenience. You can use popular tools like Reflector or Airserver to mirror your device. You can also emulate the mobile experience on your desktop by appending "/one/one.app" in your address bar (your url will look like this: na1.salesforce.com/one/one.app.).
- Make it Easy to Find Resources & Give Feedback: Designate one place to post training resources and where users can ask questions and give feedback. We recommend setting up a Chatter group to house links to training documents, videos or quick reference guides - and also to give employees a place to post questions and feedback. Get your power-users involved in helping answer questions!
5. Drive Adoption
The Salesforce1 Mobile App and Salesforce in general are only as powerful as the number of people using it. There a many different ways to help drive adoption:
- Get your leaders & executive sponsors involved: Employees will follow what their leaders do - so get your leaders using and promoting the Salesforce1 Mobile App to get the rest of the company to follow.
- Make it fun and engaging! Take advantage of the fun and collaborative features of the Salesforce1 Mobile App. In-app contests and giveaways make it fun for users to start using the app. At Salesforce, we've held contests where employees post screenshots showing how they use the app to win prizes.
- Promote use cases: Promote features or use cases you identified in step 2 for your different types of users to get them into the app. For example, promote accessing key dashboards to your executive team or enabling your field reps to view the latest price lists and files on the go.