New Appforce, Siteforce, VMforce, ISVforce and Heroku services give business, IT, and ISVs the fastest way to build apps that are cloud, mobile and social
New services will run on the trusted Database.com service
Force.com 2 eliminates hardware and software complexity, dramatically accelerating the application development process
ISVs have now made more than 1,000 Force.com apps available on the AppExchange – the world’s largest cloud marketplace
SAN FRANCISCO – DREAMFORCE 2010 – December 8, 2010 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today introduced five new enterprise cloud platform services, including Appforce, Siteforce, VMforce, ISVforce and Heroku, for building Cloud 2 apps. Force.com 2 eliminates hardware and software complexity and give business, IT and ISVs the means to accelerate every application development project on their backlog.
Force.com 2: The Cloud 2 Platform
Force.com dramatically speeds up the application development process by eliminating the complexity of managing and maintaining software and hardware infrastructure. With new Force.com 2 enterprise cloud platform services, including Appforce, Siteforce, VMforce, Heroku and ISVforce, there are solutions to accelerate every application development project on the IT backlog:
· Appforce – quickly and easily deliver collaborative departmental apps
Appforce helps companies deliver powerful and scalable departmental apps. Users can build forms, customise reports, visually design business processes, and make sure they are all measureable and auditable. And, they can automatically add collaboration with Salesforce Chatter. Leading enterprises, including Avon, Japan Post and Thomson Reuters have built more than 185,000 apps on Appforce
· Siteforce – revolutionary way to build pixel perfect websites without code
Building websites today is slow and painful, with continual requests for new landing pages, new products and new campaigns. Additionally, website developers have no easy path to adding the social, mobile and real-time features required by enterprises today. Siteforce gives business users the tools to make simple changes and gives web developers the means to deliver powerful sites quickly
Siteforce makes it easy to draw pages, manage content, and reuse pre-built components, all in real-time. And, websites built on Siteforce benefit from running on salesforce.com’s trusted global infrastructure. Leading companies, including Dell, Starbucks and METI have built and run more than 20,000 websites on Siteforce.
· VMforce – the path for 6 million Java developers to the cloud
With VMforce, salesforce.com’s partnership with VMware, 6 million Java developers now have a path to the cloud. VMforce allows developers to leverage their existing Java expertise and the benefits of cloud computing to build new enterprise apps that are cloud, mobile, social and real-time. With VMforce Java developers can run their Java apps natively on Force.com, use the most popular Java developer environments, the Spring Framework and Eclipse IDE, and leverage open standards such as JPA for enterprise Java development. VMforce is now in private beta at Dreamforce
· Heroku – the leading Ruby cloud application platform
Heroku is the leading Ruby platform-as-a-service, built from the ground up to work in an open environment and take advantage of the Ruby language. Ruby has become the leading development language used to write next-generation apps that are social, collaborative and deliver real-time access to information across mobile devices. Today, Heroku powers more than 105,000 apps, written by an avid following of Ruby developers
· ISVforce – enabling ISVs to quickly build and deliver multi-tenant cloud apps
ISVs are in a new world of opportunity, with more devices to support, rapid application development and update cycle demands, and a shift to the cloud development and delivery model. ISVforce provides ISVs comprehensive application development services, trials and provisioning, automatic upgrade capabilities, the AppExchange cloud app marketplace, and a real-time console for monitoring customer usage and adoption. ISVforce puts all of these services, and the full power of multi-tenancy and salesforce.com’s trusted global service infrastructure behind every ISV app. Leading ISVs, including Blackboard, BMC, CA and more are using ISVforce to build and deliver apps
Force.com 2: The Cloud 2 Platform
Force.com 2 is the fast and open path to build Cloud 2 apps. Cloud 2 represents the new generation of real-time enterprise applications that are social, mobile, and built in the cloud. Research from several analyst firms shows that building apps on Force.com is about five times faster than building on traditional on-premises platforms. The Force.com platform is open and easily accessible by other cloud apps and platforms, such as Amazon Web Services, Google App Engine and more via its powerful Web services APIs.
Force.com 2 provides a comprehensive application development platform, including the forms, processes, analytics, search, social, and mobile features developers need, all running on salesforce.com’s trusted infrastructure. Force.com 2 also includes an integrated data model, sharing rules, a security model, and a social data model, so that developers can focus on building innovative applications, not managing infrastructure.
Force.com 2: World’s Leading Enterprise Cloud Platform
As the shift to Cloud 2 accelerates, increasing the demand for social, mobile and real-time enterprise apps, Force.com is continuing to see dramatic adoption, extending its position as the world’s leading cloud platform.
185,000+ custom applications have been built on the Force.com platform
310,000+ developers have joined the developer.force.com program
Salesforce.com’s service regularly handles 400,000,000 transactions daily, and handled 25 billion transactions in its last quarter
The 25 billion transactions were handled at an average speed of less than 300m
About 45% of the transactions were API calls, an indication of the adoption and integration of salesforce.com's service with customers’ IT environments
AppExchange – the World’s Largest Cloud Computing Marketplace
The salesforce.com AppExchange continues to be the world’s leading cloud computing marketplace, now with more than 1,000 apps available. ISVs are making all kinds of business apps available in the cloud on the AppExchange – including finance, human resources, IT management, analytics, integration and much more.
1,000 + apps are now listed on the AppExchange
364,000+ test drives of apps on the AppExchange have taken place
690,000+ apps have been installed via the AppExchange
Venture capital firms have invested more than $1 billion in companies on the AppExchange
CA Identity Manager is the 1,000th live app on the AppExchange. It supports the provisioning and de-provisioning of users for cloud applications created on Force.com. CA Identity Manager also makes it easy for customers to manage passwords and enable single sign-on to Force.com applications when coupled with CA SiteMinder. CA Identity Manager is immediately available for deployment on AppExchange 2 at http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange. CA Idea Vision and CA Product Vision applications, announced Tuesday, also are part of the AppExchange. The products are built on Force.com and are part of CA Technologies new project and portfolio management solution for enabling innovation across the enterprise for both traditional development and new Agile projects.
Comments on the News:
· “With these five new services for building Cloud 2 apps, companies can quickly and easily accelerate every application development project on their backlog,” said George Hu, EVP platform, marketing and corporate development, salesforce.com. “Force.com 2 is the enterprise cloud platform of choice because it delivers the fastest path to proven success for business, IT and ISVs.”
· “CA Technologies is demonstrating its commitment to cloud computing on Force.com with our continued participation in salesforce.com’s AppExchange 2. The success of our CA Agile Vision application on the AppExchange shows us the benefit of participating in the salesforce.com community, and we continue to build solutions on and for the Force.com platform,” said Dave Hansen, general manager, Management Products and Solutions, CA Technologies
· “There is no comparison to the speed and time to market we’ve achieved with Force.com,” said Jason Fung, CIO of Pro-Bel. “Building these same systems using on-premise application development would have required teams of people and massive resources. We were able to build custom applications that can keep up with the nature of our business and deliver for our customers in weeks as opposed to months.”
· Video tutorials on how to get started developing on Force.com are available on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/user/salesforce#g/c/401F0EF5959CD197
· Click here for information on how to join the AppExchange
· Click here for a video on how to use the AppExchange to extend cloud apps to all of your employees
· Force.com Edition pricing begins at $25/user/month
· ISVs interested in building on Force.com can learn more at www.salesforce.com/partners