London, 01, August 2011 – Salesforce.com, the enterprise cloud computing company, has announced that Crunch.co.uk, the UK’s first combined online accounting system and practice, is achieving dynamic growth and delivering optimum service efficiency thanks to its use of Salesforce CRM.
Crunch.co.uk was drawn to the kind of low-risk model that salesforce.com’s cloud computing model offers. It provides a means for Crunch.co.uk to cost-effectively manage relationships with thousands of customers and prospects drawn to the concept of straightforward accounting.
Comment on the News:
• “Traditional accountancy practices are often technically excellent but they are not always as good at putting processes in place, delivering efficient client services, or scaling their operations to accommodate new customers,” said Darren Fell, founder and managing director, Crunch.co.uk. “In contrast, the on-demand, low-risk business model that salesforce.com provides has enabled us to revolutionise the way accounting services are delivered. The salesforce.com system is dependable. It just works.”
Driving rapid business growth
Crunch.co.uk initially implemented an open source CRM software solution but quickly found it was not flexible enough to manage its plans for dynamic growth. The organisation decided to switch to salesforce.com, described by Fell as the “Rolls Royce of CRM software”, which Crunch.co.uk was confident would offer the combination of ease of use, rich functionality, scalability and security it was looking for.
• Salesforce CRM has driven dynamic growth within Crunch.co.uk’s business. Just two years after launch, Crunch.co.uk already has 1,500 customers and is currently growing at a rate of 130-140 a month. It expects to reach more than 10,000 customers by 2013.
• Crunch.co.uk staff now have a single 360º view of every customer and prospect, which the sales team can leverage to collaborate on key issues and share information about accounts, contacts, opportunities and marketing leads.
• Management can now be more efficient with their time by accessing dashboards on their iPhones.
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/salesforce
• Twitter: follow @salesforce
• YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Salesforce
Crunch.co.uk combines a team of expert accountants with ridiculously easy-to-use online accounting software. Designed specifically for freelancers, contractors and small businesses, Crunch.co.uk is more than just accounting – it’s a business tool. The accountant and software service is available for a fixed monthly fee of £59.50. For this, users can invoice, add expenses, have their annual accounts and returns prepared and see the exact health of their businesses instantly with a fun, innovative and simple-to-use website with banking grade security. Crunch.co.uk is the next generation of accounting which replaces the traditional accountant. It takes the pain out of accounting and helps people live the entrepreneurial dream.
Crunch.co.uk won ‘Innovation in Business’ at the Brighton and Hove Business Awards 2009 and is founded by online entrepreneur Darren Fell. Fell appears in the 2008 Courvoisier ‘The Future 500’ in association with The Observer’; a league table of the UK’s most talented business people and was also named Entrepreneur of the Year at the Sussex Business Awards 07/08. High profile online entrepreneurs – Bebo’s co-founder Paul Birch and former Skype Chairman Michael van Swaaij – are investors in the company.
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that has transformed the way companies collaborate and communicate. Salesforce.com is leading the effort to bring Cloud 2, the next paradigm for computing, to the enterprise by offering its customers the social collaboration, mobility and openness that are the hallmark of this new world. The company’s platform and application services include:
● Salesforce Chatter, a private social network for your enterprise
● The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
● The Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
● Radian6, for social media monitoring and engagement
● The Jigsaw Data Cloud, for ensuring data integrity and quality
● The Force.com platform, for custom application development
● Heroku, for building social and mobile apps in Ruby
● The AppExchange, the world’s leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of April 30th, 2011, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 97,700 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol \"CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright (c) 2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the \"no software\" logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.