London, 06, September 2011 – Salesforce.com, the enterprise cloud computing company, has announced that Fourth Hospitality, the leading provider of software as a service in the hospitality industry, leveraged its Salesforce deployment to attract private equity investment and to streamline and support its recent management buyout (MBO) process.
All areas of Fourth Hospitality’s business from sales to customer service and support to management decision-making have benefited from the use of salesforce.com. Today, the company is actively making use of the latest generation of open, mobile, and social cloud computing solutions, which is driving further benefits across the business.
Comments on the News:
• “The ability of the salesforce.com solutions to support easy access to key management and business information about Fourth Hospitality helped to streamline our due diligence procedures,” says David Ewing, Director, ECI Partners, “and ensure a smooth and seamless private equity investment process.”
• “We were impressed by how broadly the business has adopted the use of salesforce.com to manage so many elements of the Fourth operations,” says Richard Joyce, Associate Director, Grant Thornton UK LLP. “This was particularly evident in the use of reporting dashboards and the easy access to detailed information that management were able to demonstrate during our Operational Due Diligence activity.”
• “We use every element of the Service Cloud,” says Simon Bocca, Operations Director, Fourth Hospitality, “from the service console to customer telephony integration, to the automation of case logging and the email-to-case capability.”
Cloud computing solutions key to securing investment
Salesforce has helped drive the dynamic growth of Fourth Hospitality’s business from zero sales on launch to annual revenues of £15 million and from ten staff seven years ago to 170 today.
This growth was critical in enabling the company’s management team to attract investment from ECI Partners, the UK mid-market private equity firm, to support a primary MBO from the founders of the business in March 2011, and to encourage other organisations including KPMG, Clearwater Corporate Finance, Grant Thornton and Pinsent Masons to advise on the deal.
Driving business growth
Fourth Hospitality deployed Salesforce CRM and Force.com over seven years ago, having been one of the earliest UK adopters. Today, it runs almost every aspect of its business, from sales to service to application development, all in the cloud. It is also a pioneer in the adoption of the latest generation of mobile and social functionality from salesforce.com, which is helping drive growth across the business and is supporting the ongoing transformation of the company into a truly social enterprise.
The fact that almost every employee uses salesforce.com’s solutions helps drive a consistent approach to business at Fourth Hospitality and delivers streamlined business efficiencies.
• Fourth Hospitality’s sales team use the Sales Cloud to create opportunities, manage leads, control the sales pipeline and convert opportunities into contracts as well as delivering high-quality CRM. The ability to use the solution to track and analyse sales leads and maximise sales opportunities is a key benefit - as are the alerts and reminders that the Sales Cloud can deliver to sales management.
• Fourth Hospitality deployed the Service Cloud to effectively manage customer support including a customer self-service portal where users can log, manage and review their own cases online. Cases that require development on Fourth Hospitality’s systems, or which highlight bugs, are linked, via a custom object, to development tasks. This ensures these crucial tasks are completed by a dedicated team, tested and returned to account management for reporting and closure.
• Fourth Hospitality has deployed salesforce.com’s private corporate social network, Salesforce Chatter, to enable account managers to follow key records, users, accounts, documents, monitor case developments and track new sales opportunities. Chatter has enhanced employee collaboration and increased productivity levels across the business.
• Fourth Hospitality also uses Salesforce Mobile on the iPhone to ensure data can be entered and reviewed from anywhere at any time, further driving business agility and facilitating business growth.
• In addition, Fourth Hospitality has used the Force.com platform-as-a-service (PaaS) development platform to actively customise applications to its own business needs and to provide integration with its own existing applications and solutions.
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/salesforce
• Twitter: follow @salesforce
• YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Salesforce
About Fourth Hospitality
Fourth Hospitality provides Software as a Service to the global hospitality industry to control the sector’s two biggest cost bases: staff and stock, of which customers gain total control.
Optimum process management, transparency, traceability and proactive cost management delivers material benefit and improved operational efficiencies 100% of the time.
Fourth Hospitality is unique in its end to end product offering, with no other Software as a Service company in the world providing the same extent of functionally-rich modules covering full e-purchasing, e-invoicing, inventory, menu engineering, hr, scheduling, time & attendance and payroll processing.
Fourth Hospitality’s end-to-end functionality means that all products are compatible, working together seamlessly to give management at all levels the proactive accurate business information they need on demand, and before the costs are incurred, in the appropriate format. Management teams at all levels are able to make better decisions based on real time, accurate business information.
Fourth Hospitality products result from close collaboration with 500+ clients since 2002. The sector understanding resulting from this means the products now represent industry ‘best practice’, intrinsically raising standards of client business processes upon implementation.
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com’s real-time, multitenant architecture, the company’s platform and application services include:
• Salesforce Chatter, a secure, private social network for your business
• Salesforce Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
• Salesforce Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
• Salesforce Radian6, for social media monitoring and engagement
• Salesforce Jigsaw, for B2B sales and marketing account and contact data
• AppExchange, the leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
• Force.com, for custom application development
• Heroku, for building social and mobile apps in Ruby
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol \"CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
©2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.