LONDON – September 12, 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that chairman and CEO Marc Benioff will kick off Cloudforce 2011 London, the largest cloud computing event in the UK, with a keynote outlining the company’s vision for the social enterprise. Cloudforce 2011 London is being held Sept. 14 – 15 at the Royal Festival Hall in London.
Companies are completely changing the way they collaborate, communicate and share information with customers and employees – transforming themselves into social enterprises. Because Cloudforce 2011 London is the best place for companies to learn how they can leverage social, mobile and open cloud computing and become social enterprises, a record 5,000 people have registered to attend and take advantage of the multiple sessions.
Comments on the News:
• “The demand for knowledge and insight into the social enterprise has been so strong that Cloudforce 2011 in London has a record 5,000 people registered to attend,” said Tim Barker, VP EMEA strategy, salesforce.com. “Cloudforce London will show companies how they can transform into social enterprises through in-depth break-out sessions and access to the expertise of more than 60 partners and customers.”
Record Registration Shows Momentum of UK’s Cloud Computing Industry
Due to its overwhelming popularity, Cloudforce 2011 London has been extended to two days to accommodate the more than 5,000 people who have registered to attend. With registration completely sold out, those who cannot attend Cloudforce 2011 London in-person can watch all the action from Salesforce Live (http://www,salesforce.com/live). Salesforce Live will stream every keynote live and anyone can join the conversation by commenting on the feed.
Attendees will see the latest social, mobile and open innovations that salesforce.com introduced at Dreamforce 2011 in action, including Chatter Now, Chatter Connect, Heroku for Java, Data.com and much more.
Marc Benioff and Special Guests to Share Vision for Social Enterprise
• Salesforce.com chairman and CEO Marc Benioff will deliver the event’s keynote speech at 10:00 a.m. BST on both Wednesday, Sept. 14 and Thursday, Sept. 15. A live stream of the keynote will be available at www.salesforce.com/live and a live audiocast will be available at www.salesforce.com/investor.
• On Sept. 14, Benioff will be joined on stage by Michael Dell, CEO of Dell, and Angela Ahrendts, CEO of Burberry.
• On Sept. 15, Benioff will be joined on stage by Jane Moran, Global CIO of Thomson Reuters, and John Douglas, CIO of Burberry.
• A short question and answer session between Benioff and attending press and analysts will also be audiocast at approximately 12:15 p.m. BST on Wednesday, Sept. 14. An audiocast of the event will be available at www.salesforce.com/investor.
• Michael Dell will participate in a fireside chat with Marc Benioff on Wednesday Sept.14 from 2:15 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. BST.
• Register for the live webcast: https://www.salesforce.com/live/.
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter and join the conversation with #Cloudforce.
• Become a fan of salesforce.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Salesforce.
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com’s real-time, multitenant architecture, the company’s platform and application services include:
• Salesforce Chatter, a secure, private social network for your business
• Salesforce Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
• Salesforce Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
• Salesforce Radian6, for social media monitoring and engagement
• Salesforce Data.com, for the most complete source of accurate business data
• AppExchange, the leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
• Force.com, for custom application development
• Heroku, for building social and mobile customer apps
• Database.com, the world’s first enterprise cloud database
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol \"CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
©2011 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.