SAN FRANCISCO – Oct. 20, 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that Burke Norton has joined the company as Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer. Reporting to Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff, Norton is an accomplished general counsel and business executive with more than 16 years of experience in the technology industry.
Comments on the News:
• “We are thrilled to have someone with Burke’s expertise join the salesforce.com team,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “The combination of his legal, corporate and government affairs, and business experience in the technology industry make him a perfect match.”
• “As the leader in cloud computing, salesforce.com and its social enterprise solutions have a tremendous opportunity ahead of them,” said Burke Norton, EVP and CLO, salesforce.com. “I’m thrilled to become part of the team creating the future of the technology industry.”
Burke Norton’s Role at Salesforce.com:
• In his role as Chief Legal Officer for salesforce.com, Norton will lead the teams responsible for all legal affairs of the company including corporate and securities law, litigation, intellectual property, regulatory affairs, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, employment law and corporate governance matters.
• As an Executive Vice President, Norton will join the executive leadership team in driving salesforce.com’s strategic direction.
Background on Norton:
• Prior to joining salesforce.com, Burke served as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Expedia since October 2006.
• Before Expedia, he was a partner at the law firm of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati P.C. where he practiced corporate and securities law for 11 years, representing emerging growth and technology companies.
• Norton holds a J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law.
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter.
• Become a fan of salesforce.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Salesforce.