Net Zero Cloud expands to include social and governance reporting features to enable complete ESG reporting
Today at World Tour NYC, Salesforce announced Automate ESG Reporting, a solution to help organizations meet growing stakeholder demand for environmental, social, and governance (ESG) transparency. Automate ESG Reporting enables companies to manage ESG data in real time and easily generate framework-specific reports, streamlining the ESG reporting process to save time and costs.
A 2022 Gartner® report revealed that executing well on ESG can reduce operating costs by up to 60%. At the same time, ESG reporting remains a significant burden for companies. Deloitte underlined the pain point of “inconsistent and unreliable data” and the lack of clear global reporting standards which has resulted in corporate fatigue and frustration.
“As investors and key stakeholders demand more ESG accountability, organizations need solutions to track progress on goals and report their impact in a timely manner,” said Ari Alexander, GM of Net Zero Cloud, Salesforce.
Automate ESG Reporting combines the power of Salesforce’s products with our thriving ecosystem of partners to make ESG reporting easier, faster, and more reliable.Ari Alexander, GM of Net Zero Cloud, Salesforce
ESG reporting has become a critical element for satisfying the demands of regulators, investors, customers, partners, and other stakeholders who want visibility into how an organization is taking steps to create strong, socially responsible companies. In fact, according to a 2022 study by KPMG, 59% of CEOs are feeling pressure to increase ESG transparency.
Salesforce’s ESG Solution Suite automates data integration for real-time reporting
Organizations can use Automate ESG Reporting to streamline data integration from various systems, track progress in real time, uncover intelligent insights, and turn those insights into a report that satisfies various standards and requirements.
Centered around Net Zero Cloud, which already provides environmental data management, this new solution leverages the full power of the Salesforce ecosystem to expand reporting capabilities, and integrate social and governance metrics such as the Global Reporting Initiative.
Automate ESG Reporting includes the following:
- Net Zero Cloud — now with social and governance data capabilities: In addition to environmental management, Net Zero Cloud is expanding its capabilities to include social and governance data management to include:
- A new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) dashboard can show employee demographics from a company’s HR system in the platform.*
- A new multi-org carbon accounting capability which pulls carbon emissions data from an organization’s subsidiaries into a single instance of the platform.
- A new Compliance & Disclosure Hub which will offer a streamlined, automated process for creating reports that align to framework-specific ESG standards.
- Salesforce Customer 360 access: Beyond Net Zero Cloud, the ESG solution brings together Tableau for data visualization; MuleSoft for data integration; Experience Cloud for multi-org data sharing; and Trailhead for talent engagement.
- Salesforce Partner Ecosystem integration: Salesforce has an extensive partner ecosystem providing unique expertise and solutions to accelerate customers’ journeys to net zero. The Net Zero Cloud Collection on AppExchange and the ESG Collection on Tableau Exchange include pre-built apps and experts from partners that help companies easily implement, track, analyze, and report on ESG data in real time. For example, Arcadia Data Connector, available on the Net Zero Cloud Collection, allows businesses to seamlessly automate utility data so companies can accelerate progress toward sustainability goals, accurately manage energy consumption, and simplify environmental reporting.
“At Slalom, we help our clients dream bigger, move faster, and build better tomorrows for all. This includes working toward a sustainable future for our planet. As a company, we’ve set clear environmental goals and invested in the enabling technology to assist with capturing and tracking progress towards those goals,” said Kristine Santa-Coloma Rohls, Chief Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity Officer at Slalom. “As an early adopter of Net Zero Cloud, we have been able to bring teams and datasets together for collaboration and reporting in a centralized platform with clear visuals and metrics on our progress.”
The Automate ESG Reporting solution will be generally available globally starting Feb.13, 2023.
- Learn why your company needs an ESG reporting strategy, now.
- Learn how Salesforce is driving greater accountability with ESG executive compensation.
- Learn more about Salesforce Net Zero Marketplace, a trusted platform for carbon credit purchases from ecopreneurs.
- Read new Salesforce research that reveals 82% of employees want to help their company reach climate goals.
- Learn more about the Net Zero Cloud Collection on AppExchange.
*Legal requirements for collection and use of this data vary by jurisdiction so organizations should consult counsel on intended use to ensure it satisfies such requirements.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit https://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Gartner, 2022 CEO Survey: Sustainability and ESG Become Enduring Change, 6 May 2022. GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.