- Gartner recognizes Salesforce for its execution and vision
- With Salesforce Field Service, businesses can provide connected, personalized service from anywhere on one digital engagement platform
- Salesforce Field Service’s enhanced offerings — including Appointment Assistant and Visual Remote Assistant — give organizations the tools they need to provide convenient customer experiences through automation, and connect the call center to the field
Gartner has named Salesforce a Leader in the 2021 Field Service Management (FSM) Magic Quadrant for the second consecutive year. Salesforce is positioned highest for execution in the Leaders’ quadrant.
“The ability to safely and effectively deliver field service was critical to many businesses last year – with over 80% of decision makers considering field service to be key to their overall strategy,” said Paul Whitelam, SVP and GM, Field Service at Salesforce. “Salesforce has remained focused on our customers, delivering connected and intuitive service experiences from the contact center to the field, and we believe that commitment has contributed to us being named a Leader in the Field Service Management Magic Quadrant for a second consecutive year.”
Connected Service Experiences Anywhere
Field service management and customer service have experienced massive transformation in the last year, as in-person safety became essential for businesses to reopen and effectively stay open. Salesforce technology has empowered service employees – from agents in the call center to mobile workers in the field – with the right tools and data to quickly deliver the best experiences to customers across multiple channels. And, because Salesforce Field Service is built on the Customer 360 platform, businesses can create connected service experiences from anywhere.
- Appointment Assistant delivers real time updates and reminders to customers through digital channels using email, SMS, or WhatsApp. This helps them schedule, reschedule or prepare for help to arrive.
- Visual Remote Assistant reduces time on site by allowing technicians and agents to see what the customer sees through video support, so they can resolve complex issues from anywhere.
- Einstein Recommendation Builder enables organizations to rapidly deploy machine learning models to enhance service, including AI-powered recommendations to help ensure mobile workers always have the right parts for the job. Einstein will scan past work orders for similar jobs to identify which parts will be needed for the current one.
Partnerships help drive platform success
Gartner recognized Salesforce Field Service as a Leader in part because of the platform’s partnerships, noting that Salesforce has more Independent Service Vendor (ISV) partners for its FSM solution than any other vendors in this Magic Quadrant. Field Service partnerships support capabilities like complex assets, project management, payments, forms, and industry-specific field service. Salesforce Field Service partners include:
- Asset 360 for Salesforce, a solution with ServiceMax, helps businesses manage both staffing resources and physical assets such as complex industrial equipment. The offering drives operational efficiency, increases service revenue, and maximizes asset uptime with a 360-degree view of assets.
- Vlocity, acquired in February 2020, extends our industry solutions for communications, media and entertainment, energy, utilities, insurance, health, and government organizations with out of the box, trusted best practices.
- Servicetrace, acquired in August 2021, will enable service teams to automate repetitive tasks and integrate data from older systems (those which don’t have APIs) to Service Cloud to create an even more robust, complete picture of every interaction the customer has with the company.
Scaling service from the call center to the field
As of August 2021, Salesforce has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 in the Field Service Management category on Gartner Peer Insights, based on 53 reviews.
- “This product has completely transformed our business. The embedded functionality just works and the real time analytics possibilities mean we can react to change nearly instantly.” – Technical Director in the Communications sector
- “It’s been 10 months since we went live globally and the program has been very successful, the feedback from the Field users has been extremely positive. The relationship and partnership with Salesforce through the engagement also has been noteworthy with access to product experts as needed.” – Director of Business Transformation Office in the Manufacturing sector
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Field Service Management, 31 August 2021, Jim Robinson, Naved Rashid. This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Salesforce
GARTNER and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.