How do I connect Gmail with my Salesforce CRM?
What is Gmail to Salesforce?
Gmail to Salesforce will automatically store emails and chats you send from your Gmail account in Salesforce CRM and link the communication to the right contact, lead or opportunity as an activity record.
Why is Gmail to Salesforce important?
With Gmail to Salesforce, emails that you send to your customers are automatically stored in context so that you or anyone in your company can easily view a complete history of the conversations you've had.
Activate Gmail in Salesforce CRM
NOTE: If you already have your Google Apps domain entered into Salesforce CRM, you can skip Step 2.
- Click Setup —› Administration Setup —› Google Apps —› Settings
- Configure Google Apps Domain
- Click Edit next to Configure Google Apps Domain.
- Enter the Google Apps Administrative Contact. This is the individual responsible for administering Google Apps in your organization.
- Enter the Google Apps Domain. This is typically your company’s domain, but you must Sign Up with Google first.
- Click Save.
- Activate Gmail to Salesforce
- Click Edit next to Gmail to Salesforce.
- Click the checkbox next to Active.
- Click Save.
- Click Send Notification Email. This action will send a notification email to your users so they know they can now use Gmail in Salesforce CRM.
How to use Gmail to Salesforce
- Click Setup —› Personal Setup —› Email —› My Email to Salesforce
- In the My Acceptable Email Addresses box, enter all of the addresses of your email accounts that you want to work with Gmail to Salesforce.
- In the Email Associations section, set up the rules for how you want emails to be attached to records.
- Find your Email to Salesforce Address. It should start with "emailtosalesforce@". Add this address to your address book for your convenience.
- Anytime you send an email to a lead or a contact that you want automatically recorded in Salesforce CRM, BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) your Email to Salesforce Address. The next time you view that lead or contact record in Salesforce CRM, you can find a copy of that email in the activity history related list.
Back to top
How do I use Salesforce for Outlook? (Installing Salesforce for Outlook)
What is Salesforce for Outlook?
Salesforce for Outlook is a Microsoft® Outlook® integration application that lets you log emails in Salesforce and sync contacts and events between Outlook and Salesforce. Settings are stored in configurations in Salesforce and may be editable for certain users. Contact your administrator if you don't have access to a configuration.
Why is Salesforce for Outlook important?
Salesforce for Outlook integration dramatically increases productivity and virtually eliminates administration. With Salesforce for Outlook you can:
- Quick sync emails with one click
- Keep your contacts and events synced in the background
- Configure your personal settings right from Salesforce
Installing Salesforce for Outlook
- Close Outlook
- In Salesforce, click Your Name —›Setup —›Desktop Integration —›Salesforce for Outlook.
- If you want to see the email and sync settings your administrator has defined for you before you install, click View My Configuration.
- Click Download. Then click Save, open the saved file, and complete the installation wizard. If needed, you can use the .msi version of the installer.
- Open Outlook. The setup wizard opens, and the Salesforce for Outlook icon ( ) appears in your system tray. To manually open the wizard, right-click this icon and click Settings.
- To log in to a Salesforce site other than the default, click Change URL and pick the correct server. If the server you want isn't listed, select Other... and enter the URL, such as a pre-release URL or a custom domain used by your organization.
- Enter your Salesforce username and password.
- Click Approve. This creates a secure connection between Outlook and Salesforce. You won't have to log in again unless you encounter an error. If you click Deny, you'll return to the previous step.
- Click Next, and choose the folders you want to sync. You can use your default folders or click Change Folder and select or create a folder that's within your default folders or the main Mailbox folder.
- Click Next, and then click Done. A welcome message appears at the system tray icon ( ), which is now active. If you're configured to sync Outlook items, all data in your selected folders syncs automatically. The icon spins to let you know when data is syncing.
During active use, all updates sync automatically every ten minutes. If we detect no keyboard or mouse activity for 30 minutes, we change the sync frequency to 30 minutes. After two hours of inactivity, we sync hourly, and after four hours, we sync every four hours.
For further set-up instructions and help with setting up Salesforce for Outlook, visit the Help Portal (you must log in with your Salesforce user credentials).
Back to top