Salesforce.com Appoints Microsoft Veteran Maria Martinez as Executive Vice President, Customers for Life
SAN FRANCISCO – May 5, 2010 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing company, today announced the appointment of Maria Martinez as executive vice president of Customers for Life, the company’s organization devoted to ensuring the success and longevity of its fast-growing customer base. Martinez joins salesforce.com after an esteemed career that most recently included six years of strategic leadership roles at Microsoft, including professional services and customer support for all products, as well as nine years at Motorola heading its cellular infrastructure and applications businesses.
Maria Martinez’s Role at Salesforce.com:
• At salesforce.com, Martinez reports to Frank van Veenendaal, president, worldwide sales and services, and leads the teams that are actively engaged with salesforce.com’s customers, focused on the company’s critically important value of customer success.
• Martinez’s teams are responsible for on-boarding, product usage, best practices, training, customer support, professional services, partner certification, and developing long-term relationships with salesforce.com customers.
Background on Maria Martinez:
• Martinez has more than 30 years of experience in business and technology leadership roles.
• Prior to joining salesforce.com, Martinez managed Microsoft’s global services business, including professional services and customer support for all products. During her tenure, Martinez led the business to outperform revenue targets and to significantly increase Microsoft’s customer satisfaction rating.
• Prior to Microsoft, Martinez was president and CEO of Embrace Networks. She has also held senior leadership roles at Motorola and AT&T.
• Martinez has a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the University of Puerto Rico, and a master’s degree in computer engineering from Ohio State University. Following college, Martinez worked for the prestigious Bell Laboratories for 12 years, developing and patenting disk storage systems and leading development of UNIX systems for symmetric multiprocessing and high availability.
Comments on the News:
• “Maria’s wealth of technology industry and business leadership experience brings unique value to salesforce.com,” said Frank van Veenendaal, president, worldwide sales and services at salesforce.com. “We are excited to have her join our team and help us execute on our Customers for Life value.”
• “Salesforce.com’s culture of innovation and dedication to customer success is what attracted me to the company,” said Maria Martinez, EVP, Customers for Life at salesforce.com. “I’m excited to become part of the team changing the future of the technology industry.”
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.