Salesforce.com Announces Promotion of George Hu to Chief Operating Officer
SAN FRANCISCO – Nov. 7, 2011 – Salesforce.com [NYSE: CRM], the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that effective immediately, George Hu has been promoted to Chief Operating Officer. Hu previously held the title of Executive Vice President, Platform, Marketing, and Operations and will continue to report to Chairman and CEO Marc Benioff in his new role.
Comments on the News:
• “George’s leadership over the past nine years has been key to driving salesforce.com’s growth to over a $2B run rate,” said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. “I look forward to seeing his vision and leadership as COO scale our growth toward $10B and beyond.”
Hu’s Role as COO:
• In his role as Chief Operating Officer for salesforce.com, Hu, will own all major shared operational functions for the company including information technology, employee success, facilities, security, as well salesforce.com’s platform division, global marketing, strategic alliances, and corporate development.
• Hu will continue to be a member of the executive leadership team focused on driving salesforce.com’s strategic direction and future growth.
Background on Hu:
• Hu joined salesforce.com in 2002 and has served in a variety of management roles including vice president of product marketing, senior vice president of applications, executive vice president of products, and chief marketing officer.
• Prior to joining salesforce.com, Hu held product management and strategic consulting roles at North Point Communications and Boston Consulting Group.
• Hu holds a bachelor's degree in economics from Harvard College and a master's degree in business administration from the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
• In 2010, Hu was named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum.
• Follow @salesforce on Twitter.
• Become a fan of salesforce.com on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Salesforce.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.