Salesforce.com Launches Salesforce Identity—Delivering Identity for the Connected World
Now generally available, Salesforce Identity provides integrated identity services to connect every employee, customer and partner to any app, on any device
Built on the Salesforce Platform, Salesforce Identity breaks down complex identity silos—enabling CIOs to deliver a simple, productive and customized user experience across every web, mobile and on-premise app
Customer companies such as New England Biolabs, Sierra Club and Varsity Brands trust Salesforce Identity to centrally manage the proliferation of apps and devices that are transforming how businesses connect
SAN FRANCISCO—Oct 15, 2013—Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world’s #1 CRM platform, today announced the general availability of Salesforce Identity—delivering identity for the connected world. Salesforce Identity provides integrated identity services to connect every employee, customer and partner to any app, on any device. Built on the Salesforce Platform, Salesforce Identity eliminates complex identity silos—enabling CIOs to deliver a simple, productive and customized user experience across every web, mobile and on-premise app. Customer companies such as New England Biolabs, Sierra Club and Varsity Brands trust Salesforce Identity to centrally manage the proliferation of apps and devices that are transforming how businesses connect.
Comments on the News:
• “The traditional information boundaries of a company are evaporating as new apps and devices have revolutionized how employees, customers and partners are interacting and sharing business data,” said Mike Rosenbaum, EVP of Salesforce Platform, salesforce.com. “Salesforce Identity enables CIOs to accelerate this enterprise transformation with a single scalable identity solution for the connected world—directly from the cloud platform they trust."
• “Sierra Club has grown to become the largest grassroots environmental organization on the planet, and empowering and connecting each of our 2.1 million members and supporters plays a critical role in our success,” said Dave Simon, IT Director, Sierra Club. “Salesforce Identity will greatly facilitate our efforts to connect to our members and build meaningful communities around their environmental preservation interests.”
• "IDC anticipates the overall worldwide identity and access management market will increase to $6.9 billion in 2017," said Sally Hudson, research director for Identity and Access Management BuyerPulse, IDC. "BYOD and other consumerization trends, coupled with an increasing demand for cloud and SaaS delivery of traditional IT software, are transforming how enterprises approach identity management. Companies today must connect a growing business ecosystem of customers, employees and partners, and need identity solutions capable of managing this growth without adding complexity.”
Legacy identity management solutions created well-defined boundaries around who, what and how employees could access critical business information. For decades, CIOs relied on these solutions to provision access across a finite number of on-premise apps and devices. However, the cloud and mobile revolution introduced a wide range of new, unsupported apps and devices to the enterprise which legacy solutions are incapable of managing. This forced IT organizations to painfully manage multiple identity silos, resulting in disconnected app experiences that decrease user productivity. In addition, employees are connecting with customers and partners, sharing critical business information using apps and devices that the IT organization has not provisioned, adding yet another level of complexity and identity proliferation for the enterprise. Companies need a single identity solution for this new connected world, capable of centrally managing the growing number of apps, devices and identities accessing business information today.
Identity Services for the Connected World
Now generally available, Salesforce Identity connects every employee, customer and partner, to any app, on any device. For example, a CIO can now provision a custom mobile app and an on-premise app from the same management console. An employee can log in once and immediately access every app he uses—from Salesforce to Concur to Dropbox. A partner can be granted defined levels of access to the same business app used by an employee. An employee’s access to a mobile app from a specific device can be immediately revoked when he leaves the company. And a customer can use her Facebook log-in to access a company’s consumer app, and her profile and activity are instantly entered into a contact record for future sales, service and marketing engagements.
Proven Identity Services on a Single Trusted Platform
Salesforce Identity enables CIOs to deliver a connected app strategy across every employee, customer and partner—directly from the Salesforce Platform. Instead of having to build and integrate siloed identity infrastructure, companies can now centrally manage every app, device and identity from the same trusted cloud platform they already use to manage all of their business relationships. Salesforce Identity provides the functionality CIOs need for control and transparency, including:
• Cloud Directory: Scalable directory services, including fully automated user profile management, workflows and delegated administration to improve compliance
• Directory Integration: New Salesforce Identity Connect enables out-the-box support for existing directory investments such as Active Directory
• Reporting and Dashboards: Builds and customizes reports and dashboards instantly using drag and drop tools to better understand usage and access patterns across apps
• Multi-factor Authentication: Adds an extra layer of security when logging in or accessing critical resources
Salesforce Identity also empowers end users to move faster, be more productive and easily connect with the people and products that they need to be successful with secure and simplified access to every app on every device:
• Single Sign-On: Improves usability and security with standards-based single sign-on for any web, mobile and on-premise app
• Mobile Identity: Provides authorization and mobile-specific policies for Salesforce CRM and custom apps built with Salesforce Platform Mobile Services
• Social Collaboration: Delivers instant internal and external collaboration with Salesforce Chatter and other social feeds built directly into Salesforce Identity
• Social Sign-On: Enables customers and prospects to bring their own identity from popular public providers such as Facebook, Google, Amazon and Paypal
Unlike legacy identity management solutions, Salesforce Identity is built for the changing needs of the connected world, and is fully customizable, extensible and scalable for any business:
• Open APIs: Supports all major open identity standards, including SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect and SCIM
• Brandable Identity Services: Securely extends a company’s brand with easily customizable log-in, self-registration and federation services
Salesforce Platform—The World’s #1 Cloud Platform
Salesforce Platform is the world’s most trusted cloud platform for building enterprise apps. It powers Salesforce CRM, more than 1,900 partner-built apps on the AppExchange, and more than three million custom apps built by customers. More than one million developers and business analysts use Salesforce Platform to quickly build and deliver apps on any device. Offering the same services, frameworks and ecosystem that are driving the explosion of consumer apps, Salesforce Platform is bringing the app revolution to business and helping customer companies connect to customers, employees, partners and products in entirely new ways.
Pricing & Availability
• Salesforce Identity is generally available and included with Enterprise and Unlimited Edition licenses for Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Communities, Force.com and Chatter Plus.
• Pricing of Salesforce Identity starts at $5 per user per month and includes: Single Sign-on, Mobile Identity, Salesforce Chatter, User and Access Management, Cloud Directory, Multi-factor Authentication, Reporting and Dashboards, Brandable Identity Services and Social Sign-on.
• Usage of existing identity directories can be added onto a Salesforce Identity license for $1 per user per month, and includes Salesforce Identity Connect, an Active Directory connector for provisioning and single sign-on.
• Scalable log-in based pricing is available for large-scale customer and partner deployments of Salesforce Communities.
• For more information on Salesforce Identity, please visit: http://www.salesforce.com/platform/identity/
• Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
• Follow @Salesforce on Twitter
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.