New Salesforce1 Service Cloud is the game-changing social, mobile and cloud customer platform built to transform how companies deliver amazing customer service
Powered by all-new Salesforce1 Customer Platform APIs, revolutionary new 1 Touch Service enables developers and ISVs to build and embed service everywhere—within any product, app or experience
Breakthrough Intelligent Service technology now empowers agents to resolve cases faster than ever by proactively surfacing actionable insights, identifying relevant experts and pinpointing related resources
With the new Salesforce1 App, any user can now help resolve customer issues from anywhere on any device
Now every Service Cloud and Salesforce Desk.com customer—including leading brands such as FitBit, HP, Philips and Stanley Black & Decker—has the customer platform to connect with their customers in a whole new way
SAN FRANCISCO—DREAMFORCE 2013—Nov. 20, 2013— Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world’s #1 CRM platform, today delivered the new Salesforce1 Service Cloud—the customer service platform for the Internet of Customers. The new Service Cloud is the game-changing social, mobile and cloud customer platform built to transform how companies deliver amazing customer service. Powered by the all-new Salesforce1 Customer Platform APIs, revolutionary new 1 Touch Service enables developers and ISVs to build and embed service everywhere—within any product, app or experience. Breakthrough Intelligent Service technology now empowers agents to resolve cases faster than ever by proactively surfacing actionable insights, identifying relevant experts and pinpointing related resources. With the new Salesforce1 App, any user, can now help resolve customer issues from anywhere on any device. Now every Service Cloud and Salesforce Desk.com customer, including leading brands such as FitBit, HP, Philips and Stanley Black & Decker, has the customer platform to connect with their customers in a whole new way.
“In 2013, the biggest areas of pain for IT leaders focused on customer service and customer experience initiatives are: supporting mobile consumers, the explosion of social channels and the customer preference to turn to self-service and peer advice,” said Michael Maoz, VP and Distinguished Analyst, Gartner Inc., Hype Cycle for CRM Customer Service and Support, 2013 (July 2013). “To address these issues, IT leaders, vice presidents and directors of customer service involved in customer support/experience initiatives are looking at the targeted use of big data analytics, peer-to-peer (P2P) communities and the evolving customer engagement center (CEC), which is the next generation of the customer service contact center for critical processes and technologies.”
Comments on the News
• “The always on, ever-connected customer demands service at the speed of now,” said Alex Bard, SVP and GM of Service Cloud, salesforce.com. “To meet this opportunity, companies need a customer service platform to connect with customers and the next generation of apps and devices—the Internet of Customers. Salesforce1 Service Cloud is the only platform that enables companies to embed service everywhere—in every single product, app or experience, making the path to customer satisfaction instant and frictionless.”
• “Stanley Black & Decker has a 170-year reputation for innovation, quality and performance to uphold. Our top priority is to provide the best possible service to solve real and meaningful problems for our customers,” said JoAnna Sohovich, global president, Industrial and Automotive Repair, Stanley Black & Decker. “With Salesforce1 Service Cloud, my business is able to provide effortless solutions to exceed our customers’ needs from any device, any location and anytime.”
Salesforce1 Service Cloud—The Service Platform for the Internet of Customers
The world is becoming completely connected. Every day millions of new products, apps and devices are connecting to the Internet. By 2020, there will be more than 50 billion connected things, from smartphones and wearable smart devices to jet engines and cars. And behind every product, every app and every device, there is a customer. Customers have never been so close, yet companies still struggle to connect with them. According to an Accenture report, 91 percent of customers are frustrated by having to contact a company multiple times for the same problem, 90 percent by being put on hold for an extended time and 89 percent by having to repeat their issue to multiple representatives.
Connected companies understand that customers require instant and effortless help, with the ability to engage immediately from any device and achieve first-call resolution. With the new Service Cloud on the Salesforce1 Customer Platform, any company can deliver customer service with the new service platform for the Internet of Customers with:
• Revolutionary 1 Touch Service Embedded Everywhere: Leveraging the power of the Salesforce1 Customer Platform APIs, now Service Cloud and Salesforce Desk.com enable companies to embed a help button into any product, app or experience. With 1 Touch Service, customers can now reach service agents the instant they need help. For example, a mobile banking customer can inquire about an unfamiliar charge by instantly connecting to customer service on any mobile device, reaching support within the mobile app.
• Breakthrough Intelligent Service Technology for Faster Case Resolution: New Service Cloud Intelligent Service technology determines the fastest path to case resolution for any customer issue. The technology leverages advanced algorithms to proactively suggest similar cases, knowledge articles and internal company experts to help agents solve cases faster than ever. Instead of spending precious minutes sifting through stacks of unrelated case information, agents will now see all the most relevant information they need to solve cases right on their screens. In addition, new out-of-the-box capabilities of Desk.com include real-time business insights and advanced analytics to enable fast growing companies to make smarter, faster decisions. Now, customer service agents can quickly connect to the right resources and experts to take immediate action.
• Groundbreaking Mobile App Empowers Any Employee to Deliver Amazing Customer Service: Powered by the new Salesforce1 App, companies can now empower any employee to participate in delivering amazing customer service, anytime and anywhere. Dedicated customer service agents can easily collaborate with experts, managers and peers to harness the knowledge of the entire organization to resolve customer issues. This includes easy escalation by identifying relevant company experts to resolve difficult cases faster. Now, any employee can play a role in delivering amazing customer service anytime and from anywhere.
Leading Brands Deliver Amazing Customer Service with New Salesforce1 Service Cloud
Service Cloud, the world’s #1 customer service app, transforms support organizations to exceed customer expectations for the Internet of Customers. The world’s leading brands, such as HP, Philips and Stanley Black & Decker, now have the customer platform to connect with their customers in a whole new way. Companies that have deployed Service Cloud have seen an average 41 percent decrease in first call resolution time, an average 35 percent decrease in support costs, an average 40 percent increase in agent productivity, and an average 37 percent increase in customer satisfaction, according to a recent third-party research report sponsored by salesforce.com.
And with Desk.com, the all-in-one customer support app for fast-growing companies, now a company of any size can deliver customer service for the connected world. Desk.com provides an all-in-one, social, mobile and easy-to-use customer support app that lets small and mid-sized companies get up and running with everything they need to deliver outstanding customer service, in a matter of hours. It is the customer service solution of choice for some of the world’s fastest growing companies, including Bonobos, FitBit, HotelTonight, Klout, One Kings Lane and Pandora.
Salesforce1 Customer Platform—The Customer Platform for the Internet of Customers
Salesforce1 Customer Platform is the new social, mobile, connected and cloud customer platform built to transform sales, service and marketing apps for the Internet of Customers. As the pioneer of enterprise cloud computing, salesforce.com built the next generation of the world’s #1 cloud platform for the new connected world. Now, every company can connect with customers in a whole new way.
Pricing and Availability
• Salesforce1 Service Cloud is now generally available and pricing starts at $65 per user per month.
• Salesforce1 Service Cloud Intelligent Service technology is currently scheduled to be available in limited pilot in the first half of calendar year 2014.
• Salesforce1 App is now generally available for download at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
• Salesforce Desk.com is now generally available and pricing starts at $29 per month per agent.
• Learn more about the Salesforce1 Service Cloud: http://www.salesforce.com/service-cloud/overview/
• Follow @Salesforce and @Desk on Twitter
• Like the Salesforce1 Service Cloud on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ServiceCloud
• Like Desk.com on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Desk
Salesforce.com is the world’s largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
© 2013 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Salesforce1, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other brands featured herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. For more information about Salesforce (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “CRM.” For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.